PDA

View Full Version : No Worries For FCR OR Atlantics!

NismoZ
12-01-06, 12:44 PM
This is the kind of news I've been waiting for. Forsythe tested 5 drivers at Thunderhill this week: "Ace" Carrio, Star Mazda champ... Giacomo Ricci, Italian F-3000 Euro champ... Robert Wickens, F-BMW champ... Irish Pat Hogan, World Series by Renault and 15 yr.old John Edwards Red Bull development driver. All within 3/10s and all wanting an Atlantic ride. Wow. How much of it is "show me the speed" and how much is "show me the money"?

NismoZ
12-01-06, 12:49 PM
RATS! Stuck this in "Others" instead of "Ladders.":gomer: Little help?

diamond dave
12-01-06, 01:55 PM
what series has the kid, John Edwards been running in?

theunions
12-01-06, 02:14 PM
Formula Renault most recently.

Unlike the others, he's already been given an FCR ride, no?

Spicoli
12-01-06, 02:44 PM
wish i had that goin for me at 15.:cool:

NismoZ
12-05-06, 12:58 PM
Latest AR1 rumor about a "restructuring" at Forsythe has them cutting back to a 2 car Atlantic team, probably for Wickens and Jon Edwards. I guess that would mean Carrio, Hogan and Ricci "lost" the recent test? Also a hint that the drop from 4 to 2 cars may be due to Red Bull wanting no sponsor competition from within the team as much as a concentration of resources to increase overall performance. Will there be 2 other entries to maintain grid size?

Spicoli
12-05-06, 01:09 PM
Latest AR1 rumor about a "restructuring" at Forsythe has them cutting back to a 2 car Atlantic team, probably for Wickens and Jon Edwards. I guess that would mean Carrio, Hogan and Ricci "lost" the recent test? Also a hint that the drop from 4 to 2 cars may be due to Red Bull wanting no sponsor competition from within the team as much as a concentration of resources to increase overall performance. Will there be 2 other entries to maintain grid size?

Sooo.....

You think RB sponsors FCR in the biggie cars too? Or does PKV snag it.....ORRRRRRrrrrr....perhaps a series sponsorship????? :eek:

just sayin'....;)

NismoZ
12-08-06, 04:52 PM
Announced today, it's Edwards and Wickens in full Red Bull regalia for FCR Atlantics in '07. Major coup if Gerrry does get big car sponsorship and $$ too. Probably have to be tied to a RB driver in the 2nd car. Who might that be?;)

trauma1
12-14-06, 10:01 AM
Hinch and the others are out, higher up either in atlantics or kk just wants him to run only 2 cars, guess it's wasn't GF idea to scale back in atlantics, hinch also said GF will only run a 2nd CC if the car is only fully funded
http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=838768&posted=1#post838768post838768

Andrew Longman
12-14-06, 10:27 AM
Why would CC/KK tell him to run only 2 cars?

And if GF has let go half the CC team then I doubt he is close to sponsorship for the second car.

Hard to be competitive with just one car on the team. Not good for PT.

Bump in the rush of good news

trauma1
12-14-06, 10:39 AM

And if GF has let go half the CC team then I doubt he is close to sponsorship for the second car.

i'm thinking the higher ups might have been Red Bull,

Methanolandbrats
12-14-06, 10:43 AM

This is excellent news for PT, he'll have another entire car to crash and lots of extra parts.

Andrew Longman
12-14-06, 10:48 AM
i'm thinking the higher ups might have been Red Bull,

What? They want the entire focus on their cars? I suppose.

G.
12-14-06, 11:57 AM

Not enough room in the paddock??

Ahhh, I suck at spin.

This is confusing.:confused:

trauma1
12-14-06, 12:33 PM
the good thing is that it appears not to affect car count in either CC or atlantics, sucks for the crew members right before the holidays

KLang
12-14-06, 12:55 PM

I'm not buying this. Makes no sense with a brand new car and no data.

No offense to Hinch but I think he is either out of the loop or drawing incorrect conclusions about the CC team.

NismoZ
12-14-06, 01:08 PM
Actually I think some rumor mongers are confusing things from a couple of weeks ago when FCR announced a cuback from 4 to 2 cars on the Atlantic team including pink slips. Red Bull was mentioned as a reason for doing so, with their participation tied to a more concentrated effort toward better results. Nothing was mentioned as I recall about the CC team, a reduction to one car or Red Bull involvement there. I haven't seen anything regarding a 1 car CC team, even at "Rumor Central"!:) The only thing I could speculate on would be a 1 year reduction by a series owner (in agreement with "another" series owner) to make room for an added participant while DP01 production #s are so tight. (?)

G.
12-14-06, 01:16 PM
I'm not buying this. Makes no sense with a brand new car and no data.

No offense to Hinch but I think he is either out of the loop or drawing incorrect conclusions about the CC team.I agree, it makes no sense, but there appears to be many people confirming the story, not just Hinch.

NismoZ
12-14-06, 01:20 PM
Of course another conspiracy theory has Gerry all pissed off over not getting Justin Wilson, at any price, because Justin was part of the RuSport sale agreement. I'll bet GF would have given Wilson an even better offer than AJ's! Yep, Petitt and Kalkhoven have ganged up on Forsythe, denied him his driver of choice so GF decides to stop spending so much of his own cash...and the winner here is, you guessed it...Newman/Haas Racing!:D Ain't the intranet fun?

KLang
12-14-06, 01:25 PM
I agree, it makes no sense, but there appears to be many people confirming the story, not just Hinch.

All I've seen so far is some 'I heard's'. Even AR1 hasn't posted anything about this yet.

trauma1
12-14-06, 03:27 PM
All I've seen so far is some 'I heard's'. Even AR1 hasn't posted anything about this yet.

basically that's what's going on, considering the just finished testing 3 guys today, , " i heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend" the atlabtic story is fact it looks like however IMO him running 4 cars was over kill trying to get the 2 mil

FTG
12-14-06, 05:01 PM
I believe they've laid off some CC guys. I don't believe it's because they are going to one car. (You'd have already heard PT screaming if he wasn't going to have another driver to help with set ups.)

Padre
12-14-06, 05:28 PM
I think you're mis-interpreting the "right from the top" comment. I believe that to mean it came right from Forsythe. I don't see anyone telling Gerry anything about how to run his team.

I also know for sure that some CC crew were laid off, and THEY believe that Gerry's cutting back to one car. The optimistic side of me maintains that there will be two FCR DP01s on the grid in Vegas, but the second one may not be clear until somewhere around Dale Coyne's schedule.