PDA

View Full Version : Robin Miller on radio (link within)

pchall
04-22-03, 08:01 PM
http://www.959thepoint.com

8 to 10 EDT

Remember that all three of these guys are place fans and will be starting to jones for Indy. ;)

Railbird
04-22-03, 09:16 PM
As a place fan, as in anyplace there is a race, I can appreciate where they're coming from.

Chief
04-22-03, 09:43 PM
Great show. I'm seething over the Mario deal.

Railbird
04-22-03, 09:56 PM
why get pissed about Mario?

I bet he's lovin' it.

RTKar
04-22-03, 10:05 PM
Damn, couldn't get Real Player to work tonight, it has in the past for the show. Had to load the other one. What did I miss? What's going on with Mario?

Chief
04-22-03, 11:41 PM
I'm not pissed, just even more confused by it all. The CART BoD met in Chicago today, after 5PM this Mario deal gets tossed out directly to the mouth Miller for MAX PR value. I suspect CART played it's RA card and Mario reacted like he said he would, might as well follow the IRL. What else could it be, you want a 63 year old man driving an expensive car at 225 mph, who hasn't raced competitively since 2000? PR stunt, I'm hoping...

JoeBob
04-22-03, 11:57 PM
From what I've heard, the Mario deal was not just set up tonight. It was just mentioned for the first time tonight. (That isn't to say that it has existed for more than a few days.) I wouldn't take the timing as "Max PR Power" but as "the first time Miller has a microphone in front of his face."

The situation is this: Tony Kanaan is injured, and there's a possibility that AGR will need somebody to shake down his car and/or qualify it for him. That means you need a driver who doesn't care much about the race, but is willing to go out for a few laps here and there. With a short field, it is a drivers market. At some point, the Tony Bucks will appear, and a few teams will need a driver. Which deal would you take? Drive in somebodys 2nd car, or keep Kanaan's seat warm?

I'm sure Mario would love to take the car for a spin, will do his son a favor for free, and couldn't care less about the actual race.

Besides, what will it say about those cars if a guy who is old enough to collect Social Security can be competitive?

JSR
04-23-03, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by JoeBob

Besides, what will it say about those cars if a guy who is old enough to collect Social Security can be competitive?

So you don't think that Mario Andretti can turn competive laps anymore? I'm not saying that he is in any shape for a race, but some laps here and there. I wouldn't put that past Mario.

SteveH
04-23-03, 12:28 AM
Juan's grandmother must not be available.

Dr. Corkski
04-23-03, 03:17 AM
Just the fact that Chief is flipping out over this makes it well worth it. :laugh:

Chief
04-23-03, 10:01 AM
You wouldn't be a sadist, would you Dr.?

spook's brought me down from the ledge. :)

JoeBob
04-23-03, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by JSR
So you don't think that Mario Andretti can turn competive laps anymore? I'm not saying that he is in any shape for a race, but some laps here and there. I wouldn't put that past Mario.

Well, he hasn't driven competitively in a couple of years, and he won't be as quick now as he was when he was 50, and that wasn't as fast as when he was 30. (IIRC, When he raced at Le Mans a couple of years ago, he was off his teammates' pace fairly significantly.)

pchall
04-23-03, 11:06 AM
Mario was very competitive in the Courage-Porsche at LeMans, but that was five years ago or so. I don't know what was up in that Panoz ride -- but at the time I couldn't believe he thought those pigs would be in contention over a 24 hour period in a race on such a long fast circuit.

Right now I'm just concerned about him. At 63 an IRL wall hit is going to wrack him up quite comprehensively. Look what is does to much younger men in much better shape.

:(

Ziggy
04-23-03, 06:39 PM
How does 227 sound???? and I bet he was sandbagging. I put a watch on him 40.25, all day long

Ziggy

Napoleon
04-23-03, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
How does 227 sound???? and I bet he was sandbagging. I put a watch on him 40.25, all day long

Ziggy

Wow

RTKar
04-26-03, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Right now I'm just concerned about him. At 63 an IRL wall hit is going to wrack him up quite comprehensively. Look what is does to much younger men in much better shape.

Look what the irl did to Sam Schmidt, how many years ago was that? Has anything really changed to stop that from happening again? I'm glad Mario's out but if he wants to do Milwaukee......Mario on an oval at night...when was the last time that happened? Now there's a trivia question.

RTKar
06-24-03, 06:26 PM
Bump! Don't forget Miller's radio show tonight, usually a Crappy mention, good guests, always entertaining.

pchall
06-24-03, 07:48 PM
Interesting bump, in light of Mario's flying lessons at Indy. ;)

Let's see if the link works!

BTW, I wonder if the members of Robin's Radio Circle Jerk are jonesing for Richmond on Saturday night?

;)

Railbird
06-24-03, 08:11 PM
on tap tonight:

Tomas Schecktar
Robby Gordon
Adrian Fernandez
Memo Gidley

pchall
06-24-03, 08:23 PM
alt link (the xxx version ;) )

950AM (http://www.espn950.com/)

Railbird
07-08-03, 08:14 PM
they're on again

RTKar
07-08-03, 09:34 PM
Had a whole lot of trouble connecting to the show, caught just a small portion of it. Did I miss anything good?.......hhmmm...Robin said something about bandwidth problems???

SteveH
07-08-03, 09:44 PM
I gave up after trying to connect for about five minutes. Kept getting a 'server full' error. I assume the max number of connections had been reached.

What was discussed?

Ziggy
07-09-03, 12:16 AM
Power went out here in Speedway, so I didnt get to listen to the "circle jerk"

Ziggy

pchall
07-15-03, 07:48 PM
Bump

Just because the thread needs it and I got a connection to their server early. :D

RTKar
07-15-03, 08:20 PM
CW thread said they doubled the bandwidth.:thumbup:

Railbird
07-15-03, 08:29 PM
I busted ass back from Columbus just for the crystal clear AM signal here in the Racing Capital of the World.......

well maybe the signal isn't all that clear.

Railbird
07-15-03, 09:21 PM
Almendinger is a great interview.

Not to mention all that talent

Cam
07-15-03, 10:32 PM
Bump

Just because the thread needs it and I got a connection to their server early. :D

Poser!!!!!! :D

pchall
07-22-03, 07:53 PM
Bump.

I'm too lazy to start a new thread.

devilmaster
07-22-03, 08:07 PM
Bump.

I'm too lazy to start a new thread.

And i'm too lazy to respond to a new thread.... and i'm in chat.

Steve