PDA

View Full Version : File this under "Obvious"

rabbit
11-28-06, 12:07 AM
Linkage (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=419040&in_page_id=1879)

It is something one half of the population has long suspected - and the other half always vocally denied. Women really do talk more than men.

In fact, women talk almost three times as much as men, with the average woman chalking up 20,000 words in a day - 13,000 more than the average man.

Women also speak more quickly, devote more brainpower to ****-chat - and actually get a buzz out of hearing their own voices, a new book suggests.

Spicoli
11-28-06, 12:11 AM
no c-h-i-t. :D

dando
11-28-06, 12:25 AM
*grunts*

There are, however, advantages to being the strong, silent type. Dr Brizendine explains that testosterone also reduces the size of the section of the brain involved in hearing - allowing men to become "deaf" to the most logical of arguments put forward by their wives and girlfriends.

Uh, perhaps it's because they talk too much? :gomer: :D

But what the male brain may lack in converstation and emotion, they more than make up with in their ability to think about sex.

Dr Brizendine says the brain's "sex processor" - the areas responsible for sexual thoughts - is twice as big as in men than in women, perhaps explaining why men are stereotyped as having sex on the mind.

Or, to put it another way, men have an international airport for dealing with thoughts about sex, "where women have an airfield nearby that lands small and private planes".

Did they interview 'lock for this study? ;)

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
11-28-06, 08:19 AM
Did they interview 'lock for this study? ;)

Sounds like they used the Kazak national scientist for reference, too. :laugh:

oddlycalm
11-28-06, 02:51 PM
"Women have an eight-lane superhighway for processing emotion, while men have a small country road," So let me get these transportation analogies straight. Men have a small country road of emotion that leads to an international airport for dealing with thoughts about sex? Is that some kinda stealth technology for hiding your airport from terrorists or sumthin? :confused:

This makes me wonder if they have an analogy for being able to pee standing up without getting your shoes wet....? :gomer: Maybe something about fire trucks and four lane arterials with a left turn lane...? I've always liked fire trucks.

oc