PDA

View Full Version : "The Bobby Rahal Expressway"

rosawendel
11-27-06, 09:35 AM
I-270: "The Bobby Rahal Expressway" (http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=126_HB_0635)

Sec. 5533.75. Notwithstanding any action taken by the director of transportation pursuant to section 5511.09 of the Revised Code to the contrary, that portion of interstate route two hundred seventy running in a northerly and southerly direction within Franklin county, between the tuttle crossing boulevard interchange of that freeway and the cemetery road interchange of that freeway, shall be known as the "Bobby Rahal Expressway."
The director of transportation may erect suitable markers along the highway indicating its name.

Apparently, it is to be voted on today.

Well, at least they picked a highway that goes around in a circle...

Napoleon
11-27-06, 10:01 AM
Rats, you beat me to this posting!

nrc
11-27-06, 10:09 AM
Rumor has it that the Tuttle Crossing exit is where they plan to set up the Honorary Debbie Rahal Sobriety Check Point.

rabbit
11-27-06, 10:14 AM
But the good news is that if you decide to exit and then say bad things about the highway, Honda pays you millions in yen.

ferrarigod
11-27-06, 10:30 AM
I guess the road to hell is indeed paved with poor management of Jaguar, a CART team, and Danicles career.

They should make David Letterman highway connect to Bob Rahal expressway.

Don Quixote
11-27-06, 10:44 AM
Rumor has it that the Tuttle Crossing exit is where they plan to set up the Honorary Debbie Rahal Sobriety Check Point.
Didn't they name a portion of the outerbelt the Jack Nicklaus Expresway? And didn't they pick up one of his sons on a DUI on that same stretch of highway shortly after the naming?

Andrew Longman
11-27-06, 11:01 AM
Why does Ohio think this is really necessary?

Did BR actually lobby for this?

Hameroids
11-27-06, 01:12 PM
If anything, it shoud be the Jim Trueman Expressway.

spinner26
11-27-06, 01:19 PM
The south side, by Broad Street and Georgiasville Rd. is named after some hispanic trooper who was killed. Seems noble but to rename it after FBOOBIE, Whatever!:rolleyes: :shakehead

I'd name it after Jim Tressel or Troy Smith or Teddy Ginn before Boobie.

rosawendel
11-27-06, 01:53 PM
Rats, you beat me to this posting!

let me guess: npr, at about 8:30ish? :thumbup:

mapguy
11-27-06, 02:36 PM
Is that the same route that goes through the Patrick Tunnel?

Don Quixote
11-27-06, 03:52 PM
:laugh: Now that's funny.

Napoleon
11-27-06, 07:28 PM
let me guess: npr, at about 8:30ish? :thumbup:

Actually I heard it on the first pass over that story on NPR at around 7:30 (the morning news show is actually played two times in a row). I just got busy and didn't get around to looking up a link until the second pass over the story.

Sean O'Gorman
11-27-06, 08:32 PM
Great, now I have to take the long way next time I go to Dayton. :(

Methanolandbrats
11-27-06, 08:53 PM
Fitting location for an Amber Alert Billboard.

dando
11-28-06, 12:51 AM
Why does Ohio think this is really necessary?

Did BR actually lobby for this?

I don't think Ohio does think this is necessary, but some jerk off state rep from Hillyard obviously does. :saywhat: :shakehead

This will just give me another reason to fly the bird while driving on that part of I-270. Perhaps they can also include a new welcome sign for Hillyard to replace the one that states it's also the home of Tasman Racing. :saywhat:

-Kevin

High Sided
11-29-06, 12:31 PM
Is that the same route that goes through the Patrick Tunnel?

they closed the tunnel for saftey reasons, falling danicles;)