PDA

View Full Version : How to Deal with Telemarketers

TedN
11-26-06, 06:16 PM
Funny Stuff (http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/)

Ted

Andrew Longman
11-27-06, 11:19 AM
Las Vegas... a couple of drinks... Mexican migit... :rofl:

When is that race in Vegas?

indyfan31
11-27-06, 11:10 PM
Tom Mabe's been doing that for a few years now, really creative guy.
He had a telemarketer call to try and sell him a coffin or a plot. He told the guy he'd called at a very convenient time, that he'd been contemplating suicide for some time ... then he pretended to shoot himself. :rofl:

racermike
11-28-06, 02:05 PM
Here is a fun game I have done for a few years.

You need a two-line phone/call waiting, so you can call/receive other calls while your doing this. Also is good to have a timer on the phone, or a timer nearby so you can keep track of "new track recooooooooords!".

I get the call, act interested in the product/service for a minute, then urgently interrupt their pitch and say there is an important call on the other line that you must answer, but insist them to stay on the phone and wait for you.

The game is, seeing how long they stay on the line before giving up and dropping the line.

My record is a Kirby Vacuum salesman, that sat on hold for almost 36 minutes before hanging up. (I did jump back on the phone with him after 20 minutes to let him know to just hang on, I was almost done)

datachicane
11-28-06, 08:23 PM
My technique works every time, and they never, ever call back.

I just breathe hard, and, after a few seconds, in my best Larry "Bud" Melman voice, ask the caller what they're wearing. Instant dialtone. :D

Cam
11-28-06, 08:31 PM
No landline here. Cell phone for local/sateside and skype for international. :cool:

Tom Mabe is one crazy bastidge.

JLMannin
11-28-06, 09:51 PM
No landline here. Cell phone for local/sateside and skype for international. :cool:

Tom Mabe is one crazy bastidge.

I've been land line free for four years - and telemarketing free!!!!