PDA

View Full Version : Redbull US GP at Laguna... anyone been?

Rogue Leader
11-24-06, 07:12 PM
I am looking to go to the Moto GP race this year with a couple friends and was hoping for some insight as to what to do. They have GA, or grandstand seats, the grandstands are turn 4 or 11. Also whats a good place to stay, and the easiest airport to get there from. Probably gonna rent a car, we wanna be there for the partying and all. Any hints, tips???

Rob
11-24-06, 07:30 PM
I've never seen bikes race there, but I went to the Champ Car race in 2003. Laguna Seca has some terrific vantage points, especially at the exit of the corkscrew, the top of the big hill in the center of the infield, inside the fast left-hander leading up the hill towards the Corkscrew, and the outside of the entrance of the Andretti Hairpin. I never bothered to check out the grandstand seating.

I flew into and out of San Jose (bumped into Carpentier at the car rental check-out), which worked out pretty well. I can't remember the name of the hotel I stayed in, but it was in Salinas.

Rogue Leader
11-24-06, 07:35 PM
I've never seen bikes race there, but I went to the Champ Car race in 2003. Laguna Seca has some terrific vantage points, especially at the exit of the corkscrew, the top of the big hill in the center of the infield, inside the fast left-hander leading up the hill towards the Corkscrew, and the outside of the entrance of the Andretti Hairpin. I never bothered to check out the grandstand seating.

I flew into and out of San Jose (bumped into Carpentier at the car rental check-out), which worked out pretty well. I can't remember the name of the hotel I stayed in, but it was in Salinas.

Yeah SJ sounds liek the best choice, i should be able to get a direct flight there I HATE connecting flights I get screwed every time....