PDA

View Full Version : Arrivederci Buddy

NismoZ
11-23-06, 11:02 AM
I guess it pays to be a 500 winner afterall! Buddy gets to race with the boss on an expanded Vision team. Damage control mode? Glad we have more room for an in-house promotion, now.:) (either he was worried about how he'd "test" against one of the kids or he already flunked his test in Mexico?)

GOFAST1
11-23-06, 11:18 AM
I guess it pays to be a 500 winner afterall! Buddy gets to race with the boss on an expanded Vision team. Damage control mode? Glad we have more room for an in-house promotion, now.:) (either he was worried about how he'd "test" against one of the kids or he already flunked his test in Mexico?)

Agree. He flunked big time.That guy can't race in this cars and yung racers from gp2 and Atlantics would make him look like a idiot.

Spicoli
11-23-06, 12:02 PM
Told you he was a prick. go get em tiger! :tony:

G.
11-23-06, 12:03 PM
Agree. He flunked big time.That guy can't race in this cars and yung racers from gp2 and Atlantics would make him look like a idiot.Not to harsh your hate, and no love for Buddy, but did he really get a chance? Fourth fastest lap in Mexico should mean something, right?

I'm just askin'.

Spicoli
11-23-06, 12:15 PM
Not to harsh your hate, and no love for Buddy, but did he really get a chance? Fourth fastest lap in Mexico should mean something, right?

I'm just askin'.

you need to go back to hate school. :p

Jox
11-23-06, 12:28 PM
Not to harsh your hate, and no love for Buddy, but did he really get a chance? Fourth fastest lap in Mexico should mean something, right?

I'm just askin'.

For what it's worth, Legge had the second fastest lap of the race at San Jose. Therefore, she's obviously way better than the former Indy 500 Champion.

TravelGal
11-23-06, 01:10 PM
This is a huge relief to me on so many fronts. I don't have any ill-will toward him the way Spic does but geez, he's a irler geezer now. We don't want their retreads. We are not the retirement league, they are. Pretty soon those drivers are going to have sponsors like "Clairol for Men" and rogaine on the side pods.

We don't need no stupid field fillers! :tony:

grungex
11-23-06, 02:23 PM

I'm just askin'.

He really did not perform well at Mexico, one good lap notwithstanding. No hate for him here, however -- I found him to be a really nice guy who honestly sounded like he would prefer to be anywhere but the IRL.

scorpion
11-23-06, 05:59 PM
I have not seen any official news of this anywhere. Personally, my impression of Buddy is that he longer has the ability to get to the front and win. He has not shown any great skill while with RLR often getting beat by DP.

Champ Car certainly does not need him. There are too many better drivers that want to race in CC.

Anyone have a link to a story?

G.
11-24-06, 01:21 PM
I have not seen any official news of this anywhere. Personally, my impression of Buddy is that he longer has the ability to get to the front and win. He has not shown any great skill while with RLR often getting beat by DP.

Honestly, does performance in the earl really mean Jack Snot? It's all about the car and how the aero is set up. Maybe DP just had better drafting opportunities. Unless someone is obviously an idiot in the earl, I think that their performance would translate very little to CC. Buddy's Atlantics performance means something, earl perf. means nothing.

I'm just sayin'.

I am not very good at the haterball, stuff. All I want is peace,,,, in Ra

Aw crap. I can't do it.:D

(I'll take any driver that helps to crater the hurl. Almost any.)

scorpion
11-24-06, 02:49 PM
Honestly, does performance in the earl really mean Jack Snot? It's all about the car and how the aero is set up. Maybe DP just had better drafting opportunities. Unless someone is obviously an idiot in the earl, I think that their performance would translate very little to CC. Buddy's Atlantics performance means something, earl perf. means nothing.

I'm just sayin'.

I am not very good at the haterball, stuff. All I want is peace,,,, in Ra

Aw crap. I can't do it.:D

(I'll take any driver that helps to crater the hurl. Almost any.)

I don't hate Buddy Rice. I'm simply NOT impressed with his driving. On certain courses it's true it's more about the car then the driver. I mean, what more can you do when you foot is pasted to floor and you're still slow? Even on the drivers tracks Buddy does not shine, including the road courses.

There are better drivers that should be in CC.

nrc
11-24-06, 03:32 PM
I think Buddy just took a sure thing over a try-out with Forsythe. Then again, there's the rumor that Vision has bought a couple of DP01s. :tony:

The knock on Buddy that I heard from somone inside when he was running Atlantics was that he was fast but not dedicated enough to do well at the higher levels.

scorpion
11-24-06, 04:41 PM
Last year Buddy's best finish was 4th at Watkins Glen. His only other top 10 was 5th at Motegi. His average finish was 14th in fields of 19 to 20 cars. Take away Indy and his averge finish is 13th. Not very impressive IMO.

Rob
11-24-06, 06:00 PM
Last year Buddy's best finish was 4th at Watkins Glen. His only other top 10 was 5th at Motegi. His average finish was 14th in fields of 19 to 20 cars. Take away Indy and his averge finish is 13th. Not very impressive IMO.

Well, to be fair, I think his team was the only one running the G-Force chassis, and they switched to Dallara at mid-season. So they went from struggling with an uncompetitive car to playing catch-up while learning the new one.

scorpion
11-24-06, 06:17 PM
Well, to be fair, I think his team was the only one running the G-Force chassis, and they switched to Dallara at mid-season. So they went from struggling with an uncompetitive car to playing catch-up while learning the new one.

I don't want to be fair;)

spinner26
11-24-06, 06:37 PM
Who cares?:irked:

oddlycalm
11-24-06, 07:49 PM
I've got a pair of lamb shanks in my refrigerator that look sharper and more dynamic that this might have been. Aside from being a US driver, what is there to recommend him over any other field filler......???

oc

emjaya
11-24-06, 11:17 PM
I've got a pair of lamb shanks in my refrigerator that look sharper and more dynamic that this might have been. Aside from being a US driver, what is there to recommend him over any other field filler......???

oc

Not a thing that I can see.Go home, Buddy.

Mmmmm, lamb shanks.How do you cook them? :gomer: :)

cameraman
11-24-06, 11:44 PM
nm

Fio1
11-25-06, 12:10 AM
To be honest, in his position you would have done the same thing. A paid job in the series you know vs a run-off against some drivers with more experience in CCWS. What if he didn't win the Forsythe run-off, then what?

You guys need to understand that now-a-days a paid open-wheel race car drivers is rare. Therefore, you don't turn anything down.....

grungex
11-25-06, 12:16 AM
I'm still wondering where this story came from (and its level of truth), as I have seen mention of it only on forums and spyplanes.

G.
11-26-06, 02:14 PM
you need to go back to hate school. :pTeach me, oh Grand Master Of All That Is Hateful.

The pupil is ready.

:cool: