PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix Americas To Be Televised On CBS

JoeBob
04-22-03, 04:13 PM
http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=5870

Time of the broadcast will vary depending on CBS’s football schedule. In cities where CBS is carrying a West Coast game, The Grand Prix Americas will be aired live. In the other cities, the race will be broadcast on tape-delay. The race will be the seventh to be televised on CBS in the 2003 season.

Edited to fix the link - thanks!

JLMannin
04-22-03, 04:35 PM

pchall
04-22-03, 04:49 PM
I hope the heck the revised track works better. It would be a shame to waste an over the air date on something as silly as last years event with that goofy slippery slow section at the south end.

Dr. Corkski
04-22-03, 07:23 PM
Excellent way to showcase the Champ Cars on one of the few network TV broadcasts by making them chug around a track that is not even up to scratch for go karts. :rolleyes:

Don Quixote
04-22-03, 07:35 PM
I'm going to have to buck the trend and say that this is a good thing. Fast sexy cars running around a sunny ocean side course on network TV is a good thing. I am hopeful and optimistic that the changes made to the course will help improve the racing. I am sure that the removal of traction control will help out the racing and reward the better drivers on slippery street courses such as Miami and Denver. Maybe the NFL coverage will lead to a good ratings number and find a few new OW fans. :cool: :)

pchall
04-24-03, 12:26 PM
CART.com has Road America on the CBS list again. :)

oddlycalm
04-24-03, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Don Quixote
I'm going to have to buck the trend and say that this is a good thing.

It will be fine if we actually get to see the race as it appears on the schedule, but I don't give that any better than a 1 in 2 chance.

BlueStang
04-25-03, 08:35 AM
I didn't think last year's race was that bad for a street course, except for the horrible tape-delay editing the network did. :confused:

Blue