PDA

View Full Version : Two more French guys...?

oddlycalm
11-22-06, 03:04 PM
This ought to make someone's day. Just a guess, but the spectre of four French drivers in the series with with the US drivers being meatball Buddy Rice (maybe) and Rahal's kid probably won't please some.

Bachelart anxious to test French duo (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55726)

oc

devilmaster
11-22-06, 03:45 PM
It is what it is.

There has been the Canadians, the Brazilians, the Mexicans, and now the French.

All these countries don't see tin-tops as the pinnacle of motorsport. (but Can and Mex are going to be blitzed hard into thinking so.)

The US needs someone to make a real driver development program that will be around longer than the red bull search, and will work on developing more than a few drivers.

'Dinger was discovered and nurtured into OW. It can be done.

If this gets Bachelart some Francs then good for him.

Chiphead_Dave
11-22-06, 04:27 PM
More French guys on the circuit just means more targets for PT:rofl:

RHR_Fan
11-22-06, 05:12 PM

More French guys means more opportunities to screw up my French. :( :\

emjaya
11-22-06, 05:16 PM
I think KK calls it the "World Series" for a very good reason. :cool: :)

Don Quixote
11-22-06, 05:22 PM
What about Minassian? Wouldn't that make 5? :thumbup:

Spicoli
11-22-06, 05:44 PM

Sweet. :cool:

Jox
11-22-06, 05:58 PM
Sweet. :cool:

We know you like photos of Frenchmen in their underwear. Next year you'll be in heaven. :laugh:

RHR_Fan
11-22-06, 06:02 PM
We know you like photos of Frenchmen in their underwear. Next year you'll be in heaven. :laugh:

:rofl:

Rob
11-22-06, 06:31 PM
What about Minassian? Wouldn't that make 5? :thumbup:
Haven't heard about Minassian coming back, but Pagenaud certainly would.

Interersting that we have this big influx of Frenchmen, yet there hasn't been a full-time French driver in F1 since Panis retired in 2004.

GOFAST1
11-23-06, 11:22 AM

More like two more French guys to show mr. Tracy how it's done.

oddlycalm
11-24-06, 08:09 PM
More like two more French guys to show mr. Tracy how it's done. I gotta agree. AJA showed pretty clearly right where PT is on the driver skill scale these days. PT looked a lot better with Stoopid Mario on the team. Rebuilding the series around PT was a good opening play but nothing more. His current contract is no doubt his last.

I've never cared much about driver nationalities and still don't, but expecting any level of US commercial success without at least a handful of competitive US drivers is naive. Nine of the races are in the US for 2007.

oc