PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!

TrueBrit
11-22-06, 11:38 AM
Just wanted to say to all of my American friends and cohorts that I hope you all have a happy thanksgiving!

Cheers!

G.
11-22-06, 11:47 AM
Thanks! Back at you!

I have been reading/watching TV that kind of blows away the myth behind the Holiday and tells what really happened. It wasn't at all like Charlie Brown and Linus describe it! Cool stuff.

To all: Eat too much, watch football, enjoy the family. Even the In-Laws. Avoid The Airing of Grievances.

Warlock!
11-22-06, 12:00 PM
To all: Eat too much, watch football, enjoy the family. Even the In-Laws. Avoid The Airing of Grievances.
And drink, if you're so inclined. My Thanksgiving day ritual starts with SN Celebration Ale and Arrogant Bastards while screwing around w/ my racing sims in the morning while the wife and kiddies get ready, then it's the long, 3/4 mile haul to sis' house for the feast at about 1pm. Football, beers, and yuks w/ the bro-in-law the rest of the day.

Love it.

oddlycalm
11-22-06, 03:46 PM
Enjoy the day everyone, I certainly will.

oc

Tim
11-22-06, 04:01 PM
I have to work at 7:00am for 4 hours. Then I drive to Madison. It's takes about 90mins. Hang out with my family until about 6-7, then go hang out with my friends. Drive back home to get enough sleep for work Friday. Not really much of a relaxing holiday anymore.

devilmaster
11-22-06, 04:05 PM
Not really much of a relaxing holiday anymore.

Yer gettin old. ;)

Tim
11-22-06, 04:11 PM
Yer gettin old. ;)

I'll be 24 on Saturday. I'm not getting old yet, but I can start to see the signs that you're not young forever. You're the one thats getting up there.:D

Wheel-Nut
11-22-06, 04:12 PM
Arrogant Bastards

Good Stuff! :thumbup:

RHR_Fan
11-22-06, 05:34 PM
Yer gettin old. ;)

You're how old DM...50? ;) :rofl:

~Nicole

mueber
11-22-06, 06:11 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I know I have a lot to be grateful for, and I suspect many of you do too.

Have fun, and remember: No Cool Whip.

Cheers

Sean O'Gorman
11-22-06, 06:50 PM
I think this is the first time since I was 17 that I have Thanksgiving off, AND the day after. I'll be happy to just do nothing for four days straight.

Anteater
11-22-06, 11:35 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

chop456
11-23-06, 03:10 AM
And drink, if you're so inclined. My Thanksgiving day ritual starts with SN Celebration Ale and Arrogant Bastards while screwing around w/ my racing sims in the morning while the wife and kiddies get ready, then it's the long, 3/4 mile haul to sis' house for the feast at about 1pm. Football, beers, and yuks w/ the bro-in-law the rest of the day.

Love it.

Sounds like mine. I start with the Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome to warn the liver of the impending onslaught while doing all the prep/sides. Then it's time for bourbon and sitting outside avoiding the family and supervising the turkey, usually accompanied by an expensive cigar (1 per year). Back inside, hit the wine, carve the turkey and let everyone tell me how wonderful I am for an hour or so. (Also once per year :D ).

It's supposed to be beautiful tomorrow. :thumbup:

And it's my car's 7th birthday, too. :tony:

Happy Thanksgiving, Peeps.

TravelGal
11-23-06, 01:19 PM
The stuffing is ready to put in the bird so the important work of the day is accommplished. (Cooking happens and eating is NOT work!).

My best Thanksgiving wishes to everyone. It's so nice to have a sane section of the web to come home to.

cameraman
11-23-06, 04:02 PM
The apple pie just went into the oven. That was the last thing bit for me.

Just eating & drinking for the rest of the day.

Have a good afternoon, folks.

vancouver
11-23-06, 04:08 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

RaceGrrl
11-23-06, 08:48 PM
The turkey is gone... the homemade noodles are gone, the pumpkin pie is gone, except two pieces that Richard saved for himself. My family is gone and I can put my feet up now and rest up for tomorrow's shopping excursion.

*sigh*

Life is good.