PDA

View Full Version : Vegas tickets

KLang
11-21-06, 10:19 AM
Got this email today:

Greetings,

The Vegas Grand Prix will come to the streets of downtown Las Vegas April 6 -8, 2007 for an unforgettable weekend of high-speed excitement. The three day festival of speed will feature the season-opening race in the Champ Car World Series, a Historic Grand Prix race, along with support racing events, boxing matches, concerts, expos and a celebrity poker tournament. The event will also host a charity gala with a celebrity line-up to be announced soon. The April 8 Champ Car World Series race will see open-wheel cars reaching speeds of up to 180 mph around a 2.44-mile, 14-turn temporary street course in “Glitter Gulch.”

Tickets to the inaugural Vegas Grand Prix will go on sale to the public December 11, 2006. Since you are a member of our preferred guest list we want to offer you the opportunity to purchase tickets to the grand prix weekend before they go on sale to the general public and as an added bonus, the Vegas Grand Prix will pay ticketing and handling fees if you purchase before December 10.

All grandstand seats on the Fremont Street Experience side of downtown are general admission and the seats on Grand Central Parkway, by the World Market Center, are reserved seats with pit and paddock access. General admission seats when purchased in advance are priced at $12 for Friday, $29 for Saturday and $44 for Sunday. A three-day general admission advance purchase ticket price has been set at $70. Three-day reserved grandstand advance purchase tickets are priced from $140- $175 and include pit and paddock access.

Paddock passes when purchased in advance are $20 per day or $40 for three days. The paddock area is a separate area where all teams prepare their racecars and house their equipment, race transporters and spare racecars. Pit walk-through passes are priced at $10 per day and $20 for three days.

Admission to the VIP Hospitality Club is available for $1,350 for all three days and includes all food and beverages catered by Wolfgang Puck’s restaurant group, premium view suite seating on the front straight, paddock and pit access along with concierge services and a fashion show.

Again, if you want to take advantage of this opportunity you must do so before December 10. You can place your ticket order by calling 1-866-774-0052.

We look forward to you joining us for the most exciting entertainment event of the year.

I was expecting some hospitality/ticket packages tied into the motels. Anyone heard anything about that?

diamond dave
11-21-06, 10:37 AM
received the same e-mail. I've heard nothing on hotel/race deals yet, but haven't really done much research either

NismoZ
11-21-06, 05:00 PM
I can tell you that way back when the race was announced I immediately checked into flight/hotel deals and they were REALLY good but 24 hrs. later those deals disappeared. Mention was quickly made that ticket/hotel deals would be forthcoming especially for those at or within the track itself. Wish I had booked on that 1st day! Track change puts pits on the outside of the track now. I only hope it doesn't screw up what could become a true classic CC turn under the tracks and up onto the main straight.

scorpion
11-23-06, 06:03 PM
There is a similar thread at CCF. If you want tickets better get your room soon. I booked a room at the Nugget when they first announced the race for $126 per night. Rooms are now $280 a night!

By the way, what changes did they make to the track? It looks the same to me.

NismoZ
11-23-06, 07:54 PM
Layout same, pits moved across track, outside.

scorpion
11-23-06, 08:01 PM
Ah, thanks! I did not catch that.

nrc
11-24-06, 03:34 PM
There is a similar thread at CCF. If you want tickets better get your room soon. I booked a room at the Nugget when they first announced the race for $126 per night. Rooms are now $280 a night!

By the way, what changes did they make to the track? It looks the same to me.

Yeah. Um, we'll get a room on the strip and take a cab before I'll pay $280 a night for a room downtown. With the reserved seating outside of downtown it might be more convenient anyway.

G.
12-04-06, 11:43 AM
Is April 6-8 Easter weekend?

I hope not.

I should be there, but will be staying somewhere significantly cheaper. I might have to buy beer for my rent.

If it's Easter weekend, my bud may have to test his negotiating skills with his wife. Might kill the deal.

KLang
12-04-06, 12:13 PM

Yes.

TU Homer
12-04-06, 05:10 PM

I hope not.

I should be there, but will be staying somewhere significantly cheaper. I might have to buy beer for my rent.

If it's Easter weekend, my bud may have to test his negotiating skills with his wife. Might kill the deal.

Bring her with. That's what I plan to do. Hell, I'm bringing the whole fam, and making it a vacation. They've been wanting to "do" vegas for a couple of years. That and I'm still trying to convince my wife and kids that they love racing.

-TU

CART License
12-04-06, 08:10 PM
Wow that was interesting I called today to take advantage of the presale tickets, the first phone call I was transferred to a third party because 1-866-774-0052 doesn’t handle the 3 day reserved seats? Gentleman answered and has no Idea what I’m requesting??Champ-Car..Las Vegas Grand Prix??? Nothing, what state is the event going to be held?? Ahhh Nevada,Las Vegas OK OK the tickets go on sale Monday. But But I received an Email yada yada yada.

Let me try that number again 1-866-774-0052 yes I can help you, Sorry tickets go on sale Monday, But I received this Email and OK let me get a form……………………………….
Hi how can I help you? You were getting a form for my information? That’s right someone will call you Monday and take your order. Ok is the top row #1 or #26? Operator: we have no idea and no information or seating chart the race is on April 3 right? No darling it would be April 6-8 and yes that would be 2007

TravelGal
12-04-06, 11:50 PM
Loverly.

:shakehead :shakehead

scorpion
12-05-06, 01:09 AM
Well, I don't know if you are just unlucky or stupid. I called today and got a very helpful person, who when confronted with a question they did not have the answer to, took the time to look up the information and email it to me.

I certainly did NOT get the attitude you claim to have recieved.

Further, he stated ticket sales are far ahead of the best projections.

I may be wrong, but I bet you post is pure BS.

CART License
12-05-06, 01:53 AM
Well, I don't know if you are just unlucky or stupid.
I may be wrong, but I bet you post is pure BS.

Yes my friend you are wrong, check your PM for the rest of the story. See you at the Nugget.

KLang
12-05-06, 07:45 AM
I had some trouble getting through yesterday as well. Several times in the morning I was put on hold and then the calls were dropped. I called back in the afternoon and got through to a women who seemed to know what was going on. She took down my information and said someone would call me back in a day or two. They don't seem to have their act together yet, at least for the early sales.

scorpion
12-05-06, 12:54 PM
Yes my friend you are wrong, check your PM for the rest of the story. See you at the Nugget.

My apologies. I have had very good luck getting info. I hope you have better luck in the future.

CART License
12-05-06, 05:07 PM
No problem scorpion, I was just frustrated and found it hard to believe a ticket office designated to the Grand Prix of Las Vegas had not properly trained and or informed all of their call centers. And yes I understand tickets don’t go on sale until Monday, but one shouldn’t have to rely on luck. Anyway it should be an entertaining weekend day and night, counting down the days. I expect to buy you a beer at the Nugget...The wife and I arrive 7:20 a.m. Friday.

scorpion
12-05-06, 06:25 PM
No problem scorpion, I was just frustrated and found it hard to believe a ticket office designated to the Grand Prix of Las Vegas had not properly trained and or informed all of their call centers. And yes I understand tickets don’t go on sale until Monday, but one shouldn’t have to rely on luck. Anyway it should be an entertaining weekend day and night, counting down the days. I expect to buy you a beer at the Nugget...The wife and I arrive 7:20 a.m. Friday.

I just added Thursday night for $120 including tax. We can buy each other beers. I'm thinking of getting the hospitality village package since it includes breakfast and lunch all 3 days plus unlimited beer and wine:cool:

KLang
12-05-06, 06:36 PM
I'm thinking of getting the hospitality village package since it includes breakfast and lunch all 3 days plus unlimited beer and wine:cool:

We did something like that in Toronto last year. I still spent a small fortune on beer since you could not take your drinks out of the hospitality area. Don't know if that is the usual way of doing it.

scorpion
12-05-06, 08:26 PM
Well, that would throw a wrench into my plans. Can't say the extra cost is worth if I can't take me drinks with me. WHat did you think of the package? Was it worth it?

KLang
12-06-06, 10:25 AM
Well, that would throw a wrench into my plans. Can't say the extra cost is worth if I can't take me drinks with me. WHat did you think of the package? Was it worth it?

I wouldn't do the one in Toronto again. The hospitality tent was behind the grandstands without access to the track. There were TV monitors but that's not really why I attend a race. It was nice to have a place to sit down out of the sun. The food was OK but nothing special. And as noted, we couldn't take our drinks up to our seats.

You might want to ask the folks in Vegas for details on their package. It may be set up different.

KLang
12-08-06, 12:03 PM
Just got a call. They are processing the advance orders today. :thumbup:

CART License
12-09-06, 02:40 AM
Same here..got my top row as requested, Don was well informed THANK YOU LVGP Vegas Baby

G.
12-09-06, 01:26 PM
Assuming that he can swing the Holiday thing, my bud's probably going to get comp'ed for freebies. He usually does for all things Vegas.

At least, that's our plan. Seems foolproof to me!:saywhat:

KLang
12-09-06, 04:08 PM
Assuming that he can swing the Holiday thing, my bud's probably going to get comp'ed for freebies. He usually does for all things Vegas.

At least, that's our plan. Seems foolproof to me!:saywhat:

Then you're buying the beverages? :thumbup: :cool:

CART License
12-09-06, 04:17 PM
I just received a conf phone call with my seating information GS 1 SEC F ROW 26 (Top Row)

KLang
12-12-06, 06:08 PM
I ended up in section F row 22.

They wrote down my CC number wrong last week and the order did not go through. Called me about it Monday and corrected the CC number. But they didn't bother actually processing the order until I spent an hour on the phone with them just now. Grrrrrr.

pchall
12-13-06, 12:21 AM
I ended up in section F row 22.

They wrote down my CC number wrong last week and the order did not go through. Called me about it Monday and corrected the CC number. But they didn't bother actually processing the order until I spent an hour on the phone with them just now. Grrrrrr.

Was your call outsourced to Mumbai or something? :saywhat:

KLang
12-13-06, 10:35 AM
Was your call outsourced to Mumbai or something? :saywhat:

I don't think they were overseas. It seemed to be some ticket broker or something. Definitely not Vegas Grand Prix employees. I ended up calling 4 times before I got someone willing and able to track down my order.

Customer service roulette. :irked:

G.
12-21-06, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by G. View Post

At least, that's our plan. Seems foolproof to me!

Then you're buying the beverages? :thumbup: :cool:Ya think I'll come out ahead?? I don't.;)

I do believe that this is coming together!:thumbup:

G.
03-10-07, 04:05 PM
Booked 'em, Danno.

KLang
03-23-07, 09:31 AM
Got my tickets in the mail yesterday. Ready for the season to begin. :thumbup:

donasay
03-26-07, 01:55 PM
I just received a conf phone call with my seating information GS 1 SEC F ROW 26 (Top Row)

Is Row 26 the Top Row of Grandstand 1? Do you have (or do you know where I can get) a Layout of Grandstand 1 - E.G. # of Rows (row 1 at the bottom, row 26 at top) / # of Sections (starts at "A" and goes to "___")?

Thank you.....
Don Asay

KLang
03-26-07, 03:00 PM
Is Row 26 the Top Row of Grandstand 1? Do you have (or do you know where I can get) a Layout of Grandstand 1 - E.G. # of Rows (row 1 at the bottom, row 26 at top) / # of Sections (starts at "A" and goes to "___")?

Thank you.....
Don Asay

I haven't seen a map of the grandstand layout anywhere yet.

This page (http://www.vegasgrandprix.com/admission/) shows you can buy tickets through row 26. If you check out the VIP packages they show rows through 30. I think 27-30 are reserved for the VIP's.

TravelGal
03-26-07, 03:25 PM
Got the most amazing email today. "You're a LBGP subscribers so here's a deal for Vegas." It was quite a deal!

I thought it was sold out already???

Hmmmmmmmmm.

KLang
03-26-07, 03:40 PM
Got the most amazing email today. "You're a LBGP subscribers so here's a deal for Vegas." It was quite a deal!

I thought it was sold out already???

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Don't recall any annoucements about a sell out. They did say a while back they were adding additional seating because of brisk early ticket demand.