PDA

View Full Version : Rupert Murdoch backs down

cameraman
11-20-06, 06:58 PM
Both the Simpson book and the tv show have been spiked. Considering that the book has already been printed and distributed, it is a spendy change of mind.

"I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project'' Gee, ya think?:rolleyes:

You have to know that heads are going to roll over this one.

Indy
11-20-06, 07:37 PM
Quote:
"I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project''

Translation: we are of course total whores, but we have calculated that this will hurt our bottom line in the long run, so we will pretend to cancel the project out of a sense of propriety. You may now resume your baah-ing.

Cam
11-20-06, 08:18 PM
Quote:
"I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project''

Translation: we are of course total whores, but we have calculated that this will hurt our bottom line in the long run, so we will pretend to cancel the project out of a sense of propriety. You may now resume your baah-ing.

The fact that Rupert himself scuppered the whole deal looks to me like some heads are gonna roll. I have watched the rise of NewsCorp over the years and having known one of Rupert's brothers, I have some vague insight into the way he does biz.

Ruthless bastard! ;)

spinner26
11-20-06, 08:29 PM
FOXNEWS RULES!:gomer:

Indy
11-20-06, 10:52 PM
FOXNEWS RULES HADES!:gomer:

fixed

coolhand
11-20-06, 11:01 PM
WE get it Indy :rolleyes:

Indy
11-21-06, 02:31 AM
WE get it Indy :rolleyes:

What, my joke is bad? I am no Michael Richards, but I try. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
11-21-06, 05:35 AM
Both the Simpson book and the tv show have been spiked. Considering that the book has already been printed and distributed, it is a spendy change of mind.

Gee, ya think?:rolleyes:

You have to know that heads are going to roll over this one.

OJ, not Homer and Bart Simpson, right? Had me scared for a minute. :gomer:

spinner26
11-21-06, 09:05 AM
What, my joke is bad? I am no Michael Richards, but I try. :gomer:

Not that he cares, but Mr.Richards done dug himself a Mel Gibson size hole to climb out of, maybe even deeper.

Andrew Longman
11-21-06, 12:10 PM
I can't imagine how anyone thought this was a good idea, even OJ

But I hope he still gets paid a bunch for this lunacy.

That way he can pay part of what he still owes the families.

cameraman
12-18-06, 01:32 AM
The axe falls.

O.J. Simpson's would-be publisher, Judith Regan, has been fired from HarperCollins. "Judith Regan's employment with HarperCollins has been terminated effective immediately," HarperCollins CEO Jane Friedman said in a statement last night.

Napoleon
12-18-06, 06:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/shakespeares_sister/shakes4/iiws.png

Napoleon
12-18-06, 10:58 AM
So yelling at an attorney was the last straw.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-regan17dec17,0,6977826.story?coll=la-home-headlines

oddlycalm
12-18-06, 09:56 PM
Great graphics Nappy. :thumbup: Getting fired be Murdock for being too big a sleeze is something of a world record I should think...:gomer:

Too bad, Regan and Murdoch deserve each other.

oc