PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff from Cave-in part 4,239

Spicoli
11-20-06, 12:41 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/SPORTS0105/51010005

This one is SUPER-long, and a lot of goodies in here. Overall, it appears that the faitful kooladiers have given up quite early this year. even Cave-in can;t figger out why fTG is doing what fTG is doing.....Good for some laughs.:laugh:

QUESTION: Has anyone told A.J. Foyt that Darren Manning is English with a road racing background? (Dave, Johnson City, N.Y.)
ANSWER: Easy on Tex. I think Darren is a solid hire. After being discarded by Ganassi and unable to find a full-time ride, he should be hungry, and he’s a pleasant chap. Is he the young American everyone longs for? Of course not. But if Tony George can employ a South African, Foyt can have a Brit.

:gomer:

QUESTION: I sent Robbie Buhl a message at Robbie Buhl Racing and got a reply. Is he starting his own team? (Ryan, Noblesville, Ind.)
ANSWER: No, I don’t think so. But don’t be surprised if Dreyer & Reinbold Racing is in Champ Car next season with an Indianapolis 500 component. Champ Car seems to be cheaper right now, and Buhl and Dennis Reinbold are being too quiet about their sponsors to suggest they’re staying solely in the IRL. And just so we’re clear on this: the IRL cannot afford to be losing ANY team, much less the smaller ones.

Well, they are going to CCWS in hopes that fTG gets wind of it and comes and bails out their stoopid arses. :tony: Hey, that formula works, doesn;t it?

QUESTION: Any Q&A coming up with Tony George in this off-season? I would love if you could ask the following questions: How much money will he have to put up so that the IRL can have 18 cars next year? How much more money to fill the field at Indy? How will they spin it when Hornish goes(yes he will go in 2008) to NASCAR. I’m curious what his VISION is now that his ego has robbed open wheel fans. I say this as an IRL fan but I am disgusted by things (Mike Nicholas, Fishers, Ind.)
ANSWER: Really? You’re disgruntled? I had no idea. But on a serious note, do you honestly expect Tony to give you the answers you desire? If you do, you’ve been listening to someone I’m not familiar with. As for a Q&A, I’ve tried to find him to no avail, but I suspect I’ll get him after the first of the year. Meantime, we’ve got a Q&A with league president Brian Barnhart coming in a few days.

I'm not sure fTG nows where fTG is these days.

QUESTION: It appears again this year that no one from the IPS is moving up to the IRL. In fact, no former champions even have rides in the IRL. What needs to be done to fix the problem? The series is apparently not doing it’s job as intended. (Dave, Johnson City, N.Y.)
ANSWER: It’s all about money. None of them have enough to move up, and none of the teams have enough to take a chance on them. Besides, I’m not convinced that team owners believe there is enough correlation between the two series.

What's the IPS? Indianapolis Public Schools system?

QUESTION: Just what planet is TG living on these days? One piece of bad news after another. With fan interest equivalent to that of the WNBA, you would think that he would get it together. Exactly what has he done or is he doing to turn the situation around. Nothing! I remember you thought that once car count got down to under 18, things would get done. I count 16. Want to adjust your number? Open wheel has become a sad joke. (Jim, Atlanta, Ga.)
ANSWER: Need I respond?

:meltdown: :rofl:

SurfaceUnits
11-20-06, 03:23 PM
Them questions were all submitted by you. We know how you cartisans operate.[/gomerati]

spinner26
11-20-06, 03:31 PM
Them questions were all submitted by you. We know how you cartisans operate.[/gomerati]

Shame on you Spic.:rofl:

SurfaceUnits
11-20-06, 09:40 PM
This Nwes Just In:

While thousands will take off from work to attend F1's and ChampCar's road and street practice on Friday's, people just don't seem interested enough to take a day off from work to watch cars drone around an oval track. Or take a Sunday off either.:laugh:

Indy
11-21-06, 11:48 AM
I guess Cavin isn't backing Tony's horse anymore, either.

pchall
11-21-06, 01:27 PM
I guess Cavin isn't backing Tony's horse anymore, either.

Has he ever done more in the past decade than just show up to work shoveling its sh%t?

ps: the IMS seating story doesn't count. [There's a gomer joke, there.] Everybody knew that the crowd size figures
given by the Marion County Flat Cap Auxiliary smelled like all the fish belly up on the White River in July.