PDA

View Full Version : Just a random thought from this weekend

Don Quixote
11-20-06, 09:32 AM
If I ever see/hear that Mellencamp Chevy truck commercial again, I will walk into the kitchen, find a sharp knife, and draw and quarter myself right there on the spot.

That's all.

nrc
11-20-06, 10:02 AM
You'll also need four horses and some rope. Put down some plastic, it's going to be messy.

What is the deal with these people happily feeding their credit cards to hoards of dancing scissors. I think the proper response to a flock of dancing scissors is to run screaming and never drink again. Maybe they didn't include the part where the scissors chant "Feed us your credit cards or we'll cut you."

And the Cadillac commercial where they show a bunch of old Cadillacs. Whose idea was it to include the ridiculous bustle back Seville from the '80s. You may as well include the Cimmaron while you're at it.

Insomniac
11-20-06, 10:04 AM
If I ever see/hear that Mellencamp Chevy truck commercial again, I will walk into the kitchen, find a sharp knife, and draw and quarter myself right there on the spot.

That's all.

Well, it's been 30 minutes, the commercial must've already aired, I guess we should mourn Don Quixote.

Andrew Longman
11-20-06, 10:18 AM

That's all.

That ad is a 2006 take on the old Baseball, Apple Pie and Chevrolet campaign. Another example of Detroit lacking original thought.

But it also shows where we stand as a nation and culture. Instead of showing picnics and apple pie, the ad has Katrina and 9/11 images. Makes me feel good all over and want to run out and buy a Silverado.:gomer:

Don Quixote
11-20-06, 10:45 AM
You'll also need four horses and some rope. Put down some plastic, it's going to be messy.

I was going to use the kids. Horses would be better, but hard to find in the burbs.

How about this. A drinking game where everytime they air the commercial you take a shot. After the first quarter of the game, BAC = 0.32.

Cam
11-20-06, 11:02 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

TKGAngel
11-20-06, 11:08 AM
How about this. A drinking game where everytime they air the commercial you take a shot. After the first quarter of the game, BAC = 0.32.

I would participate only if my commercials would be the Dunkin Donuts 'human interest story' commercial and one for a local HMO. However, someone should tell the good folks at DD that its probably not a good idea to have John Goodman as the VO talent in your commercials. Nothing against Mr. Goodman, but its not exactly the best correlation you could have.

And the Cadillac commercial where they show a bunch of old Cadillacs. Whose idea was it to include the ridiculous bustle back Seville from the '80s. You may as well include the Cimmaron while you're at it.

Don't forget that these are probably the same minds who ok'd the use of Led Zepplin in their ads.

Spicoli
11-20-06, 12:08 PM
Johnny Mellonballs is yet another in a long list ove Hoosier embarrassments. fTG, Dan Quayle, etc etc....

SteveH
11-20-06, 12:35 PM

No Lisa Catera, either.

dando
11-20-06, 01:53 PM
My personal peeve commericals are the Coors Light spots with the Walsh and Vermeil press conferences. WTF?!? :saywhat: The replaced Twins with that shizzle? :mad:

That is all....

-Kevin

theunions
11-21-06, 03:03 AM

That's all.

Save yourself and do this to Mellenhead instead. The world will be a much better place for it.