PDA

View Full Version : Scott Dixon didn't get TG's script?

trubritz
04-21-03, 11:01 AM
Scott Dixon, who had surgery on his broken right hand and wrist Friday, hopes to make his Indianapolis Motor Speedway debut next month. Despite being only 22 years old, he has been a professional race car driver long enough to know the routine to overcoming his lack of testing at the track.

"This race gets so much talk-up, but it's really just another race," he said. "If you treat it as anything bigger, you're fooling yourself."

From the Indy Star.

pchall
04-21-03, 11:56 AM
TG: "No soft walls for you!"

Eagle104
04-21-03, 12:05 PM
"Next..."
:D

cart7
04-21-03, 12:18 PM
Calling Dr. Bock, calling Dr. Bock!! Scotts voice stream micro-chip implant must have glitched in the wreck!!!:eek:

Immediate re-implant needed before month of May starts. Re-program for the following

You just Really don't know what Indy means to me!! :gomer:

mapguy
04-21-03, 02:12 PM
This certainly makes sense. From what I heard Toyota owned Dixon's contract. The story that Cheep took him kicking and screaming to the irl and his father looking at ways of getting him out of his contract look true now.

The lemmings at TF are melting down as we speak.... :D

devilmaster
04-21-03, 02:24 PM
Its a meltdown! Who's got the marshmallows? :laugh:

Steve

Eagle104
04-21-03, 02:30 PM
First thing said after the discovery of fire:

Get your marshmallows on your sticks!"--The 2000 Year Old Man
(Mel Brooks)
:D

sundaydriver
04-21-03, 02:50 PM
The next thing you know, the IRL will issue a statement saying that Scott also had a concussion along with the broken arm. :gomer:

DaveL
04-21-03, 06:50 PM
Does this mean Idiotgrandson has to start yet another series because some CART guy called Indy "just another race"?

RTKar
04-21-03, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
Does this mean Idiotgrandson has to start yet another series because some CART guy called Indy "just another race"?

You beat me to it Dave, The last time someone said, "It's just another race." (Jacque Villeneuve), TG started the earl, I guess Tg's corrected vision will now REALLY be for American short track drivers with American chassis and engines without leases. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get front engine cars and maybe even riding mechanics too.

DjDrOmusic
04-21-03, 09:31 PM
People at one time accused Dixon of drinking too much Kool Aid, could this be his way of issuing a "No-Wank" gaurantee??:rofl:

RaceChic
04-22-03, 07:14 AM
I just finished reading the thread about this at TF. They are claiming that Scott Dixon is just "trying not to psyche himself out. Give the poor rookie a break"....
I'm trying so hard not to chime in........ Man, it's funny...........Link (http://66.223.17.243/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=025784)
:rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

JSR
04-22-03, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by RaceChic
I just finished reading the thread about this at TF. They are claiming that Scott Dixon is just "trying not to psyche himself out. Give the poor rookie a break"....

I am a member of TF and I didn't say that.

mapguy
04-22-03, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by JSR
I am a member of TF and I didn't say that.

You are not the only member of TF.

JSR
04-22-03, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by mapguy

Say what? :D

mapguy
04-22-03, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by JSR
Say what? :D

what

JSR
04-22-03, 12:07 PM
what

:rofl:

pchall
04-22-03, 12:09 PM

Hey, talking about the TF party line, where'd our pet TF moderator disappear to?

JLMannin
04-22-03, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic

The place fans and the irl faithful still cling to the notion that the speedway is a technically challenging track for a driver to master. I used to think this as well. However, as I learned more about the sport, I came to realize that the speedway was not a particulary difficult track to learn the line on. Ovals like Pheonix and Nazareth are fare more challenging to a driver, IMO.

pchall
04-22-03, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
The place fans and the irl faithful still cling to the notion that the speedway is a technically challenging track for a driver to master.

Very true.

SudAm F3 driver Vitor Meira is just about to show whether he is as good as Juan Montoya's grandmother. Fastest guy in ROP even though some of the others have many IRL races under their belts.

IMS is just a very simple road course with no run off areas.

devilmaster
04-22-03, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Hey, talking about the TF party line, where'd our pet TF moderator disappear to?

Umm... he's a little busy there..... http://66.223.17.243/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=002174

Is this the precursor to a classic wrestling heel turn? Mnky hits Wilke in the back with a chair while rev-ed screams 'No! No! No! What the hell is wrnch doing???!'

Steve

pchall
04-22-03, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster

Is this the precursor to a classic wrestling heel turn? Mnky hits Wilke in the back with a chair while rev-ed screams 'No! No! No! What the hell is wrnch doing???!'

No wonder mnky is MIA here -- he can barely keep up with his own short bus crew at TF.

Hot Rod Otis
04-22-03, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Very true.

SudAm F3 driver Vitor Meira is just about to show whether he is as good as Juan Montoya's grandmother. Fastest guy in ROP even though some of the others have many IRL races under their belts.

IMS is just a very simple road course with no run off areas.

Yep, its funny watching 'em @ TF singing the praises of Vitor Meira. A couple of years ago they couldn't conceal their contempt for rich Brazilian road racers, now they can't get enough of the Brazilionaires. I even see 'em longing for another Raul Boesel comeback.:laugh:

WickerBill
04-22-03, 03:16 PM
With only 28 cars, they're longing for a Kevin Cogan comeback... or Dale Whittington... or Josele Garza... or all of them.

racer2c
04-22-03, 03:43 PM
Slick Racin' Gardner!

JLMannin
04-22-03, 04:39 PM
Dean Hall, or "00" Joe Goseck, or Phillipe Gache.

Scott Harrington out of jail yet? Since its arrive and drive this year, maybe Billy Boat can finally make the race. Or Dan Drinan in some ancient, years old crapwagon.

Kate
04-22-03, 07:52 PM
No, Scott, read what it says on that card I gave you! "It's ... just ... business ... it's ... all ... about ... money ... "

You don't want to see Mikey burst into tears do you?

Chitowncartfreak
04-24-03, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by sundaydriver
The next thing you know, the IRL will issue a statement saying that Scott also had a concussion along with the broken arm. :gomer:

You're close - actually, it's a broken pelvis.

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=30885

sundaydriver
04-24-03, 11:25 AM
Doesnt somebody have a chart so we can keep score of all these injuries?

Warlock!
04-24-03, 11:26 AM
Holy ****, mang! This is gettin' ri-g*d-damn-diculous! Do any of the doctors that initially check the drivers out after a crash even take X-rays?!?

Warlock!

Turn7
04-24-03, 11:30 AM
Sure but, when your all "swolled up" looking like AJ, it is very difficult to see small fractures via xray.

Many times the swelling has to go down before the small fractures can be detected.