PDA

View Full Version : .46 thanks doc!

Spicoli
11-16-06, 12:43 PM
http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5689497

Local doctor involved in drunk driving crash

Nov 16, 2006 05:53 AM EST

Police: M. D. registered 6 times legal limit

Indianapolis - Police say a local doctor, who crashed into traffic stopping for a police blockade Sunday, had a blood alcohol content of nearly six times the legal limit.

Lt. Mike Nielson says Doctor Richard Lundeen of Indianapolis was behind a group of cars slowed by a previous accident at SR 334 and CR 700E when he slammed into the car in front of him. Nielson says the doctor was very impaired.

"By the time we got him to the hospital two hours later, he was at .46," said Nielson.

go big or go home, huh?:saywhat:

extramundane
11-16-06, 01:19 PM
Is he the Unser family's personal physician?

Wabbit
11-16-06, 02:21 PM
.46 and he's still alive? Must be one big dude.

Spicoli
11-16-06, 02:23 PM
check the article. there's a foto of the car - looks like a mother f***ing Bently. :eek:

ferrarigod
11-16-06, 02:30 PM
check the article. there's a foto of the car - looks like a mother f***ing Bently. :eek:

it's a baby bentley. those are a dime a dozen.

that BAC is thugish.

trauma1
11-16-06, 02:37 PM
was france with him:shakehead

Lizzerd
11-16-06, 02:49 PM
.46 and he's still alive? Must be one big dude.

No kidding, and that was .46 two hours after the accident! More likely, a very small person though, I would guess. If he was really big, he'd have to drink a couple quarts of 100 proof to get that high.

Spicoli
11-16-06, 03:18 PM
http://i7.tinypic.com/4doq0zc.jpg

dando
11-16-06, 04:17 PM
Damn! That's worthy of a Hall of Shame nominee on Bad Jocks. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

cameraman
11-16-06, 06:05 PM
.46 should put him in a coma, if not kill him outright. He has to be a serious alcoholic who has built up a level of tolerance for alcohol.

grungex
11-16-06, 06:12 PM
He blew a .24 12 hours later when they finally released him from the hospital!

trauma1
11-17-06, 09:25 AM
the highest i ever saw was a guy with a 6.8, the room was littered with empty half gallon vodka bottles. needless to say he didn't make it thru the night. we also used to have a guy in milwaukee that went to the hospital every day because he was so drunk, his functioning BAL was a 4.0 to 5.0, he said his goal in life was to blow a 7.0 and he came close a few times, we picked him up 6 times on one saturday, the Er doc was so pissed, and he was an obnoxious mean drunk but you have no chose when the PD puts them in protective custody, when he finally died word was his hopital bill were in the 1 to2 mil range, one of the ER's took up a collection for bus money to send him up to northern Wisc to his mothers, he was back in 3 months

chop456
11-17-06, 09:44 AM
the highest i ever saw was a guy with a 6.8,

Wow. 85 times the legal limit? That's likkered. :D

spinner26
11-17-06, 11:57 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm I smell lawsuit. Two ladies hit by rich doctor pisshead, yep I smell out of court settlement worth oh, many dollars.;)

RichK
11-17-06, 01:43 PM
Must be a Rossi fan with the whole doctor & .46 thing:

http://www.derapate.it/img/_the%20doctor%2046.gif

oddlycalm
11-17-06, 03:04 PM
check the article. there's a foto of the car - looks like a mother f***ing Bently. :eek: Looks like a BMW 6 series convertible to me.

This insect should do some serious time, but because he has money he probably won't do any. A big award in a civil case probably wouldn't make him blink.

oc

Spicoli
11-17-06, 03:22 PM
Looks like a BMW 6 series convertible to me.

This insect should do some serious time, but because he has money he probably won't do any. A big award in a civil case probably wouldn't make him blink.

oc

Notr so sure he'll skate. First off, he's likely to loose his medical license from the state. Next - the county he was in is pretty near hardcore right wingers - death to everyone who isn't born again sober WASP. In these smaller surrounding suburban/rural counties, they hate everyone and will prosecute veryone they can - especially in the newspaper.

Some friends of ours ended up in JAIL and house arrest (Dad/Mom) because they bought a kegger for their son before he shipped off to IRAQ. Some 19 year old went home and told his folks, who made a big scene and ensured that the mom and dad hit front page news (bedroom community of Indy), and subsequently got the big arm of the law jammed right up their lives. Lost jobs, neighbor hate, 20k + legal fees, etc....Its debatable what they did was cool or not cool, but 30 days jail and all that other stuff for this? :eek:

My bet is this doc gets Fubar'd biggie. I'll keep an eye on it.

oddlycalm
11-17-06, 03:41 PM
My bet is this doc gets Fubar'd biggie. I'll keep an eye on it. Good, I've seen too many docs skate on repeat DUI and domestic violence beefs around here.

As for the pre-deployment kegger, probably best to move away from Stepford before the weirdness starts.

oc

trauma1
11-17-06, 05:20 PM
i just want to know what the daytona DA is going to do with France, is he going to walk because of the idiot cops:shakehead

Tim
11-18-06, 02:11 AM
Sounds like he's just earned himself an IRL ride.