Good-bye, Lola. Thanks for the memories. :thumbup:

Spicoli
11-15-06, 12:30 AM
**** bodais and **** newman haas.

:finger:

its what's wrong with champcar.

NismoZ
11-15-06, 12:59 AM
And, I'm happy to say...I saw the first one here. A Lola Mkl, so new it was a shiny silver unpainted aluminum sportscar. I think it was 1300cc of rompin' stompin' dynOmite with a guy named Carl Haas behind the wheel.:D Meadowdale, '60, I think. Little did we know!

Sean O'Gorman
11-15-06, 08:17 AM
**** bodais and **** newman haas.

:finger:

its what's wrong with champcar.

GOFAST1
11-15-06, 08:47 AM
Thanks to Lola and Newman-Hass for all this years of great competition.Thank you for staying when others left,thank you for Champcar and great drivers.

Don Quixote
11-15-06, 10:11 AM
:laugh:

theunions
11-15-06, 12:37 PM
Who was the last driver to actually cross the line?

Andrew Longman
11-15-06, 12:45 PM
Every year comes a great shot of the checkers at Mexico. I guess the flagman wasn't brave enough this year to actually be out on the track, old school style as JW and PT were still battling and cars were searching for water over on the right side of the track. The first year with Tracy was the best shot.

Thanks Lola. You have served us well and will be long remembered.:thumbup:

oddlycalm
11-15-06, 03:17 PM
Nice that the Lola era ended with a good battle for the lead in the closing laps. :thumbup: Been watching Lolas almost as long as I've been going to races and I'm happy to have the season end on a highly competitive note.

oc

grungex
11-15-06, 05:31 PM
Every year comes a great shot of the checkers at Mexico. I guess the flagman wasn't brave enough this year to actually be out on the track, old school style as JW and PT were still battling and cars were searching for water over on the right side of the track. The first year with Tracy was the best shot.
I think he was asked not to wave it from trackside anymore, as they were freaked out by the danger.

RusH
11-15-06, 11:42 PM
I think he was asked not to wave it from trackside anymore, as they were freaked out by the danger.

I would guess that it was because there was still a battle going on between Wilson and SB until the last turn. Or possibly the wet track, who knows.

TravelGal
11-16-06, 02:20 AM
I, too, understood that Champ Car told him ahead of time that he was NOT to go out on the track. You could see he could hardly bear not being there though.

GREAT photo rabbit. Would have been so much sweeter (to me) if the car had been Wilson's but I suppose I should philosophically think it's okay that it was Bourdais because we *was* the champ this year.

BTW, my guess is that the last person over the line was Dominguez. If they crossed in finishing order, that is. It's a good question. I wonder how we could find out for sure?

Dr. Corkski
11-16-06, 02:32 AM
Who was the last driver to actually cross the line?Theoretically it would have been your boy Fabio since he was the last one on the lead lap.

Swintal probably saw the bush league crap that Legge pulled on Dominguez at the start and figured he is better off staying behind the wall as long as she was out there.

Rob
11-16-06, 02:35 AM
BTW, my guess is that the last person over the line was Dominguez. If they crossed in finishing order, that is. It's a good question. I wonder how we could find out for sure?

According to the times in the official results (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Results/SessionResults.asp?ID=1657), the last car to cross would have been that of Nelson Philippe, just behind Heylen and Servia.

TravelGal
11-19-06, 06:43 PM
According to the times in the official results (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Results/SessionResults.asp?ID=1657), the last car to cross would have been that of Nelson Philippe, just behind Heylen and Servia.

Thanks. After I posted, I realized that pit in must be before the finish line so the lapped cars would not be the last to cross unless they wanted to complete the lap they were on.

Is there any reason they would? Can't think of any but I may not be thinking of everything.

So we're agreed it was Nelson, eh? Nice trivia question/answer for the future.