PDA

View Full Version : It's silly season once again

Spicoli
11-13-06, 10:59 AM
and RM has some goodies for us.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/33941/

Champ Car could have its first four-car team as Paul Stoddart is in the process of joining forces with CTE/HVM Racing for 2007.

"There are still some details to be worked out but Paul and I met last week and got along like a house-on-fire so I've got a good feeling about working together," said Keith Wiggins, the majority owner of CTE/HVM.

"The best case scenario is that we'll have four cars and the worst case is three but we feel like we can run four cars as efficiently as three. There's just a few things left to be sorted out."

cool.

Says Russo is gone cause Calix ix going IPO.....but ......they will be back for sure, just without Russo.

"Our plan is to keep both of our drivers, if somebody doesn't try to steal them, which I know they are," said Wiggins. "This is a good team and we've made progress this season so I'd like to keep everybody together."

It's believed Stoddart is talking to F1 hopeful Robert Doornbos about one of his cars and he said at Surfers Paradise he'd love to be re-united with Justin Wilson, who drove his Minardi in F1.

Everybody want JW.:thumbup:

Wilson claims he wants to stay but his agent, Jonathan Palmer, has been in serious discussions with Forsythe Racing, where he would team with Paul Tracy.

Oh mang....:rofl:

Servia to stay at PKV, etc etc.....

RTKar
11-13-06, 11:12 AM
It's silly season already....you mean we don't have another race this season a month and a half from now? :\

trauma1
11-13-06, 11:53 AM
and RM has some goodies for us.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/33941/

cool.

Says Russo is gone cause Calix ix going IPO.....but ......they will be back for sure, just without Russo.

Everybody want JW.:thumbup:

Oh mang....:rofl:

Servia to stay at PKV, etc etc.....

good, btw i told dolan to piss off, emailed him 4 times he didn't even have the curtosy to repsond the dick head

G.
11-13-06, 11:55 AM
Where's the Atlantics champ going?

pchall
11-13-06, 11:56 AM
It's believed Stoddart is talking to F1 hopeful Robert Doornbos about one of his cars and he said at Surfers Paradise he'd love to be re-united with Justin Wilson, who drove his Minardi in F1.

Most recent F1 rumors have Bob Doornob arriving at Manzo Rosso with bags of money much to the delight of Gerhard Berger. The money will arrive in new trucks courtesy of his sponsor PACCAR:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/2/23/250px-220505_daf.jpg

PACCAR lists among its holdings DAF Trucks, headquartered in Eindhoven, where they have been assembling vehicles (see above) under a bridge from emptied Heineken cans since 1953.

Spicoli
11-13-06, 11:57 AM
Where's the Atlantics champ going?

Team Aussie w/Willpower (confirmed on the broadcast) and maybe Brisco-tard?

:confused:

Spicoli
11-13-06, 12:02 PM
Most recent F1 rumors have Bob Doornob arriving at Manzo Rosso with bags of money much to the delight of Gerhard Berger. The money will arrive in new DAF trucks courtesy of his sponsor PACCAR:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/2/23/250px-220505_daf.jpg

PACCAR lists among its holdings DAF Trucks, headquartered in Eindhoven, where they have been assembling vehicles (see above) under a bridge from emptied Heineken cans since 1953.

wtf does this post mean? :eurogomer:

Ziggy
11-13-06, 06:42 PM
Walker is stone cold broke. If he answers the bell next year, it will be a strict rent a racer deal.

This is not good, it's not like Power is Fangio or anything. Speedy Dan did quite a bit with a crappier car IMO

NismoZ
11-14-06, 01:13 PM
Walker or the team? I didn't think he was the money behind it anymore, just the brains of the outfit. Just going by vague memory.

KLang
11-14-06, 01:21 PM
I've been under the impression that Craig Gore is the money behind the team. Didn't think Walker brought any cash just the equipment.

G.
11-14-06, 02:16 PM
Team Aussie w/Willpower (confirmed on the broadcast) and maybe Brisco-tard?

:confused:French guy driving for Aussie Vineyards?

TFF!

NismoZ
11-14-06, 02:25 PM
Vineyards? French? $2,000,000? They all seem to go together. What's the problem?

Spicoli
11-14-06, 02:43 PM
French guy driving for Aussie Vineyards?

TFF!

huh? wipe off your brain.

ferrarigod
11-14-06, 02:48 PM
French guy driving for Aussie Vineyards?

TFF!

Ryan Briscoe is about as French as Jenson Button is Italian.

Insomniac
11-14-06, 03:39 PM
Speaking of French guys, will Pagenaud move up to the parent CC team or find a new team?

And adding to that thought, what happens if someone is signed to a multi-year Atlantic deal, wins the championship and either the owner doesn't have a CC team or can't/won't make room for them on their CC team?

Joelski
11-14-06, 03:56 PM
Speaking of French guys, will Pagenaud move up to the parent CC team or find a new team?

And adding to that thought, what happens if someone is signed to a multi-year Atlantic deal, wins the championship and either the owner doesn't have a CC team or can't/won't make room for them on their CC team?

Well, I guess some of us thought he was going to Aussie until ferrarigod put that rumor to rest. :shakehead

G.
11-14-06, 04:07 PM
OK, I thought it was funny that a French Atl. champ (Pagenaud) drives for team Oz vineyards, you know, cuz the French are so proud of their wine, food (MacDunno's) and their Maginot Line.

Guess I was the only one.

Well, as they say, when your find yourself digging into a deeper hole, deflect!

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2006/By800/20061111P_0093.jpg

Spicoli
11-14-06, 04:46 PM
It's a camel toad war!

:D

http://i15.tinypic.com/49jmm95.jpg

NismoZ
11-14-06, 05:08 PM
OUCH!

Bob_S.
11-14-06, 06:17 PM
It's a camel toad war!

Second from the right= Puma. :thumbup:

Bob_S.
11-14-06, 06:18 PM
It's a camel toad war!

Second from the right= Puma. :thumbup: :eek:

Joelski
11-14-06, 06:19 PM
It's a camel toad war!

Guess which one's shy?

Bob_S.
11-14-06, 06:23 PM
Guess which one's shy?

Maybe he's packing?:yuck:

grungex
11-14-06, 07:14 PM
:rofl: :eek:

emjaya
11-14-06, 07:28 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

extramundane
11-14-06, 07:34 PM

From this angle, those do look like man-hands.

Spicoli
11-16-06, 08:46 AM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/34008/?page=1

TKGAngel
11-16-06, 09:15 AM
After reading what Spicoli linked, how bout we just put all the drivers names in a hat and have the teams pick their drivers? Can't be any worse that what's going on now, where it looks like only 2 drivers (Seb and PT) are confirmed at their 06 team for next year.

Spicoli
11-16-06, 11:12 AM
After reading what Spicoli linked, how bout we just put all the drivers names in a hat and have the teams pick their drivers? Can't be any worse that what's going on now, where it looks like only 2 drivers (Seb and PT) are confirmed at their 06 team for next year.

Well, since O'Gorman inferred that we are merely a club racing series now, that just makes sense, no? :gomer:

Seriously, its a strange time again. Sort of like people & jobs. It used to be that folks got a job somewhere and stayed for their whole career....that's less likely anymore with all the rapid changes in the market.

Sign o the times.:irked:

Spicoli
11-19-06, 01:00 PM
Cyngi (who isd usually a decent source) is posting on tf that pagenaud and rahal and se-bass the cheater will all 3 be at NH 07.

hmmmm.....:saywhat: :irked:

SurfaceUnits
11-19-06, 02:16 PM
1) Panoz is secretly building 12 indy special g-force chassis for ccws teams to participate in the 500 as part of TG's takeover of CC.
2) earl has been "secretly" testing the DP01 on ovals and tg will approve it for the 500 and crossover events as part of his takeover of CC.
3) Cosworth is secretly building a 3.5 NA engines to run in earl as part of tg's takeover of CC.
4) IMS Productions is CC's secret media partner in the ABC/ESPN deal, part of tg's plan to take over CC

gomers wrote it, I buhleeve it. cause you know gomers know alll the secrets:shakehead

Jervis Tetch 1
11-19-06, 02:39 PM
Gonna be interesting.

NismoZ
11-19-06, 02:51 PM
There are only 3, perhaps just 2 conflicts in the TV schedule. Do you think there may have been some cooperation there? Kinda beats the odds, I think.

EDwardo
11-19-06, 02:56 PM
1) Panoz is secretly building 12 indy special g-force chassis for ccws teams to participate in the 500 as part of TG's takeover of CC.
2) earl has been "secretly" testing the DP01 on ovals and tg will approve it for the 500 and crossover events as part of his takeover of CC.
3) Cosworth is secretly building a 3.5 NA engines to run in earl as part of tg's takeover of CC.
4) IMS Productions is CC's secret media partner in the ABC/ESPN deal, part of tg's plan to take over CC

gomers wrote it, I buhleeve it. cause you know gomers know alll the secrets:shakehead

Paraphrased secret information provided by unnamed official sources is their information outlet. What is especially amazing is that much of the info supplies detailed Champcar plans.

Insomniac
11-19-06, 05:31 PM

Ahahahaha. Building G-Force chassis for CC teams to use at the 500 and approving the DP01 for racing at the 500. Makes perfect sense.

Insomniac
11-19-06, 05:32 PM
There are only 3, perhaps just 2 conflicts in the TV schedule. Do you think there may have been some cooperation there? Kinda beats the odds, I think.

I thought the IRL's schedule isn't complete yet either.

SurfaceUnits
11-19-06, 09:21 PM
The announcement Thursday of a multi-year agreement with ESPN/ABC to broadcast Champ Car races beginning next season fulfilled the next step in the OWRS master plan.

"Champ Car is moving into a bright new era in 2007 with four new venues and a newly-developed car for the series, and this new television agreement gives us even more reason to be optimistic about the future," said Champ Car President Steve Johnson. "This agreement allows us to bring the excitement of Champ Car racing to a greater number of fans while providing a stronger delivery platform for our sponsors and corporate partners."

Champ Car will have three major test sessions to open the year, with the final "Spring Training" event at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca March 9-10. What is being discussed is making it a community event, with details to be forthcoming.

A lot of folks are still smarting over the loss of the Champ Car race here, but this test session - for which all the teams are being encouraged to attend according to Champ Car officials - will give us a chance for a Champ Car fix locally and an opportunity to show Kalkhoven, et al that the series needs to return to the world-renowned 2.238-mile, 11-turn permanent road course. Stay tuned for more info.

trauma1
11-20-06, 12:00 PM
A lot of folks are still smarting over the loss of the Champ Car race here, but this test session - for which all the teams are being encouraged to attend according to Champ Car officials - will give us a chance for a Champ Car fix locally and an opportunity to show Kalkhoven, et al that the series needs to return to the world-renowned 2.238-mile, 11-turn permanent road course. Stay tuned for more info.[/QUOTE]

spend some $$ 0n the track, the A1GP turned out to be a farce with the water damage, spend $$ on promotion, they know why CC isn't there for races anymore, they just have to fix it.

jonovision_man
12-29-06, 06:56 PM
Curious where we're at now, seems like a lot of teams are still finalizing their line-ups.

Racebyrace.com has a fairly well updated page:
http://www.racebyrace.com/future/ccwsteams.phtml?year=2007

Cygni hasn't updated his page since the fall, someone tweak his nose for me. ;)
http://www.cygniseason.com/staticpages/index.php?page=ChampCarSillySeason

jono

Spicoli
12-30-06, 08:51 PM
Curious where we're at now, seems like a lot of teams are still finalizing their line-ups.

Racebyrace.com has a fairly well updated page:
http://www.racebyrace.com/future/ccwsteams.phtml?year=2007

Cygni hasn't updated his page since the fall, someone tweak his nose for me. ;)
http://www.cygniseason.com/staticpages/index.php?page=ChampCarSillySeason

jono

Jeebus. Not much is solid as of today, huh? ;) 5 confirmed dribers? :eek:

Make that 4. Bore-Days is gone to Torro Rosso Poopo.

"you heard it here first!"

:laugh:

:bored:

NismoZ
12-30-06, 09:19 PM
No biggie, if we lose one Frenchman we'll get two. Moreau and Premat. And Le Mans. DTM isn't going back so they'll give CC a shot. Even King Carl won't be too upset. He'd get to save money and still have 2 top drivers.

pchall
12-30-06, 10:03 PM
Bore-Days is gone to Torro Rosso Poopo.

Bore-Days as teammate to Boob Doorknob. Sweet.

Spicoli
12-30-06, 10:50 PM
Bore-Days as teammate to Boob Doorknob. Sweet.

A team even France could not GAF about.:rofl:

apex
12-30-06, 11:33 PM
Jeebus. Not much is solid as of today, huh? ;) 5 confirmed dribers? :eek:

Make that 4. Bore-Days is gone to Torro Rosso Poopo.

:laugh:

:bored:

I've been saying the same thing spicoli although I have no proof, just that the circumstances point to this. A lot of non believers are out there regarding this. Do you have any inside info to support it?

Easy
01-02-07, 11:49 AM
No biggie, if we lose one Frenchman we'll get two. Moreau and Premat.

That'll really push Champ Car over the top in its public profile battle with the IRL and women's lacrosse.

Racing Truth
01-02-07, 02:08 PM
That'll really push Champ Car over the top in its public profile battle with the IRL and women's lacrosse.

:rofl: :rofl:

Gotta love the women's lacrosse smack.:laugh:

Of course, its funny b/c its true.:\

Andrew Longman
01-02-07, 02:18 PM

For my daughter, she'll never put Danica or Kat in front of lax. Or, as she puts it, "Don't let the skirt fool you".:)

IlliniRacer
01-02-07, 02:25 PM
For my daughter, she'll never put Danica or Kat in front of lax. Or, as she puts it, "Don't let the skirt fool you".:)

Women Lacrosse and Field Hockey players scare the Beejeesus out me.

NismoZ
01-02-07, 04:38 PM
Yep, we gotta be the ones carryin' the big stick!

cameraman
01-02-07, 04:45 PM
Women Lacrosse and Field Hockey players scare the Beejeesus out me.You are wise.

Field Hockey players are certifiably insane:eek:

pchall
01-02-07, 08:27 PM
Women Lacrosse and Field Hockey players scare the Beejeesus out me.

Must be a wuss ;) ... in my time a Miami of goddamned Ohio those were the little foxes worth chasing.