PDA

View Full Version : Brian France wrecks his Lexus...

JoeBob
11-10-06, 05:50 PM
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Headlines/frtHEAD01111006.htm

:eek:

Spicoli
11-10-06, 05:53 PM
Whaddya think he paid for that Lexus? :D

Don Quixote
11-10-06, 06:09 PM
good one, Spic. :D

spinner26
11-10-06, 06:20 PM
Whaddya bet there is more to this story than will ever be told?:rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, Lexus = Toyota, how fitting.

Tony George
11-10-06, 08:20 PM
Hopefully he consumed one of their sponsor's products! :eek: :gomer:

Accipiter
11-11-06, 02:21 PM
What is it about being a "wealthy grandson" that makes one such an idiot?

theunions
11-11-06, 03:26 PM
Hopefully he consumed one of their sponsor's products! :eek: :gomer:

It would be awesome if he was drinking NAPA brake fluid. :rofl:

dando
11-11-06, 03:43 PM
:tony:ific!

:gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

trauma1
11-15-06, 12:41 PM
coveer up 911 call, sounds like daytona PD is in hot water, dui and got away with it

http://www.news-journalonline.com/media/audio/911-france.mp3

Andrew Longman
11-15-06, 12:59 PM
Chitwood said officers at the scene spent about an hour-and-a-half with France, but did not give him a field sobriety test because they said there was no probable cause. He did not smell of alcohol, Chitwood said Thursday.

No way to prove probable cause now. Good cover.

Except, why spend an hour and a half with him if all he did was spill a soda?

But if the cops do get fired you can bet they will quietly have nice jobs heading security at the track, along with a condo on the beach and season passes for their friends and family.

cameraman
11-15-06, 01:29 PM
Being in an accident, in and of itself, is probable cause for a field sobriety test.

Andrew Longman
11-15-06, 02:02 PM
Being in an accident, in and of itself, is probable cause for a field sobriety test.

It may vary by state but around here no. My State Trooper neighbor says they need something like a smell of booze, slurred speech, red eyes, etc. Of course all of that is debatable later so they like to get you out of the car and in front of the in car camera to get what they can on tape.

Good lawyers have gotten drunks off because they raise doubts about why the test was even given.

Now if he hit a tree or a parked car, which would be easy to verify the witness account, why wasn't he at least cited for leaving the scene? And if he "fell over his feet" getting out of his car and hit all the stuff he supposedly hit, I can't see how he would not show some "probable cause" 15 minutes later.

cameraman
11-15-06, 02:41 PM
It may vary by state but around here no. In Utah any infraction can be used as probable cause. Not signaling a lane change is very popular.:rolleyes:

Spicoli
11-15-06, 03:15 PM
cops are never wrong. just axe em. :D

cameraman
11-15-06, 03:35 PM
cops are never wrong. just axe em. :D

Occasionally the Judge tells them they were wrong. Seems Mr State Trooper "forgot" to get that unsignaled lane change on video tape. Mr Driving-While-Mexican still got booted out of the country but the 10+ kilos of meth didn't make it through the evidentiary hearing. :rolleyes:

oddlycalm
11-15-06, 04:16 PM
What is it about being a "wealthy grandson" that makes one such an idiot? A lifetime of insulation from consequences along with a sense of entitlement.

oc

Andrew Longman
11-15-06, 05:38 PM
In Utah any infraction can be used as probable cause. Not signaling a lane change is very popular.:rolleyes:

In Jersey any infraction can be cause to pull you over. Subjecting you to the invasion and risk of a sobriety test is akin to a search and requires specific probable cause. Fishing expeditions are frowned upon.

Of course, as in a search, I guess you could always give them permission if they ask for it. Since this is an issue of protected privacy I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't true in all 50 states.

A little more on topic, this seems likely to blow up if the police chief is serious. I could see this hurting the carefully nurtured squeeky clean corportate NASCAR image. NASCAR and sponsors got very nervous about Busch's alleged DUI run in with the Phoenix cops. And I don't see the typical NASCAR fan being too sympathetic to a Mel Gibson-I'm-off-to-rehab apology.

On the other hand a good chunk of NASCAR fans have a few DUIs among them and those that don't, don't really care who Brian France is or what he does.