PDA

View Full Version : Mexico City

KLang
11-10-06, 12:17 PM
P1 starting now.

CC really needs to figure out a way to tighten up the schedule. These long breaks suck. I will be watching but not sure I really care much about this race. :(

ChampcarShark
11-10-06, 12:50 PM
Agree, we need more action. more races would be nice.

I do care about this race, the Hermanos Rodriguez were the best racer drivers to compete in F1.

dando
11-10-06, 02:20 PM
They really need get the schedule started earlier and end it not later than the end of Sept. My interest wanes as foosball season gears up. That's about the only damn thing the EARL gets right. :saywhat:

Now who the heck is racing this week??? :\

-Kevin

KLang
11-10-06, 04:59 PM
Q1 results:

SB
Wilson
Power
Bruno
Briscoe !
Servia
Nelsonmania
Martinez
Ranger
Mario
13 Rice

Tony George
11-10-06, 05:34 PM
Where's PT? :tony: :tony: :tony:

diamond dave
11-10-06, 05:38 PM
Where's PT? :tony: :tony: :tony:
lying in a sandtrap

Spicoli
11-10-06, 05:57 PM
Where's PT?

Slingin rock n pimpin hoes.:thumbup:

http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/tracy_cold_lampin.jpg

NismoZ
11-10-06, 06:43 PM
One schedule rumor has RA being put back to the late Sept. date they had this season, breaking away from ALMS but helping to fill the huge gap after Zolder and Assen in early Sept. to Surfers in Oct. I think RA fared better on it's own in Sept. than CC (or I) thought it would!

Tifosi24
11-10-06, 06:55 PM
One schedule rumor has RA being put back to the late Sept. date they had this season, breaking away from ALMS but helping to fill the huge gap after Zolder and Assen in early Sept. to Surfers in Oct. I think RA fared better on it's own in Sept. than CC (or I) thought it would!

Late September in the Upper Midwest is really too hit-or-miss weather wise for Champ Car to keep risking the date. If you have the race on its traditional weekend you can predict the likely weather conditions with near certainty (of course not if it will rain or not) right now (likely warm to hot). At the end of September it could easily be anywhere from 40-90 degrees. RA was an unquestioned success this year, but it was one extra day of rain away from being far from a success gate wise. Rain isn't much fun any time during the year, but it is alot easier to get people to show up if it is a warm rain than a cold one.

Filling the gap is a great idea, but in coming seasons I think they need to find a stateside venue that is likely to have more predictable weather for that part of the season, or better yet, end the dang season Labor Day or the third week in September at the latest.

NismoZ
11-11-06, 12:01 AM
Agreed. I've been salivating over the August double header but sharing the wealth (if there's any to be had) might also be avoided by such a move. (of course splitting losses might be considered a plus as well?) Going to even early Oct. wouldn't go against tradition, especially if it was Phoenix or Las Vegas. I think the series deserves a final within the US following the usually successful Mexico City race, but DECEMBER!:eek: (though I hear they're aiming for late November the following year:shakehead ) Lots to scheduling most of us don't even think about. Now conflicts with NASCAB (Phoenix) and F-1 (Zolder(?)/Assen), TV considerations, climate (including political:) ) and $$$$$. It sure isn't perfect but I'm confident CC is working very hard at finding the best 16-18 dates they possibly can.

emjaya
11-11-06, 09:58 PM
Q1 results:

SB
Wilson
Power
Bruno
Briscoe !
Servia
Nelsonmania
Martinez
Ranger
Mario
13 Rice

Two Aussie's in the top five, my interest is rising.:D

NismoZ
11-12-06, 08:52 PM
105,000 on Sunday, 200,000 3-day. Better than recently. All we need are Green and Yellow Mexican cars, drivers and money!

robot9000
11-13-06, 11:20 AM
The crowd looked good from TV. Bridgestone guy said there were, I believe, a billion people over 3 days. Maybe it was taking out the baseball part but it looked like the race was kinda revived from a fan in the seats perspective.

At least it looked that way to me on TV;)