PDA

View Full Version : The Buddy Rice is a prick thread

Spicoli
11-09-06, 06:37 PM
Once a gomer, always a gomer. :gomer:

Q: Buddy, my question is what makes you take the decision to change from IRL to Champ Car, considering that you were once a winner in the Indy 500? What made you take that decision?

Buddy Rice: Well, part of it is I don't have a ride right now in the IRL. Also, it's a long off season and I thought that it was important for me to keep driving.

When you get an opportunity like this to drive a competitive car, I don't think you should pass it up at any time. If there was some sports car races and other things going on, I'd definitely be trying to drive that and I'll be running at the 24 Hours at Daytona in January, as well.

Like I said, I guess I've been saying, it's a little repetitive, but I need to be in a very competitive open-wheel car, and that's what I want to do, and this is an opportunity to do that, and with the opportunity of driving here in the future.

Q: Did you take a step ahead or do you think you went backwards with this decision?

Buddy Rice: I think if you want to step back and look at things, I think you can look at both series and they both have pros and cons, and at the end of the day, what it comes down to, the best thing would be is if the two series were together and they're not. They're somehow vying for the same demographic to some degree. Obviously the all oval series, other than being in Japan , is an all American series, and Champ Car is a little bit more of a worldwide series.

I think that they both have strengths, and they're both playing off of their strengths, and I don't think it's necessarily a step up or a step back. I think it's a side step right now.

At the end of the day, I want to be driving an open-wheel car, and if I have an opportunity to drive a car this competitive for the future or anything like that, I'm going to definitely take a long, hard look at it and have to decide from there.

I want to be in a very competitive car and I want to go racing, and that's my goal.

Q: Just a quick follow-up for Buddy. About your contract with Rahal, he told you in July you said. Was there an option you didn't pick up for the third year, or were you actually under contract? And how does that affect any future contracts you might sign for '07?

Buddy Rice: It definitely was not an option, it was part of a three-year deal. How it will affect my future contracts, it won't affect it at all.

I understand Bob's position, and at the end of the day, it was a business decision that he had to make. There's no hard feelings or anything like that.

Those guys over there are a good group of guys, just the way the situation is. That's just the way it goes.

Q: So basically are you getting paid for the final year, or is that just kind of --

Buddy Rice: No. The thing is that everybody's contract is so different, and obviously we don't have a union so nobody knows exactly what everybody is doing because everybody does their own thing, but no, I will not be being paid on my third year.

rabbit
11-09-06, 06:41 PM
I don't get it. How does that make him a prick? :confused:

nissan gtp
11-09-06, 06:43 PM
. nevermind

Spicoli
11-09-06, 06:44 PM
I don't get it. How does that make him a prick? :confused:

He sits on the fence a little, dontcha think?

He's got a pretty high opinion of himslef, dontcha think?

He can;t get a sponsor, dontcha think he might want to say some nice things about CCWS so he can maybe get a ****ing ride next year?

IMHO. :D

(plus he REALLY bothers me)

grungex
11-09-06, 06:57 PM
I'm gonna fix his damn baseball cap brim tomorrow when I get there.

Spicoli
11-09-06, 07:04 PM
http://www.lynxracing.com/img/site/driver_rice.jpg

http://us.tnpv.net/pv/2005/02/11/HON2005021153678_pv.jpg

http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/8cover_img/buddy_rice.jpg

http://www.linkres.co.uk/pictures/buddyinterview.jpg

:gomerx100000000000000000000000000000000000000.... .........:

emjaya
11-09-06, 07:16 PM

He's got a pretty high opinion of himslef, dontcha think?

He can;t get a sponsor, dontcha think he might want to say some nice things about CCWS so he can maybe get a ****ing ride next year?

IMHO. :D

(plus he REALLY bothers me)

yeah, sitting on a fence with a picket right up his ****, not wanting to say any thing good about CCWS at all so's he don't upset his gomer fiends.:irked:

**** him.

nrc
11-09-06, 07:46 PM
I guess he could have just lied like the rest of them. :\

rabbit
11-09-06, 08:06 PM
He doesn't have a full-time job lined up for next year yet. It is not in his best interest to burn any bridges on either side.

He's got a pretty high opinion of himslef, dontcha think?A race car driver with a big ego!?!? What is this world coming too?

He certainly didn't say anything negative about it. He certainly didn't say anything prickish.

(plus he REALLY bothers me)Sounds like a personal problem. :gomer: :p

Spicoli
11-09-06, 08:07 PM
I heart gomers :gomer:

What's wrong with you?:flame:

He a gomer, we s'poseta be hatin on him.

:D

spinner26
11-09-06, 08:13 PM
A prick may be going a bit far unless you were posting in fanaticland but I have to admit he does play too much centerfield on those questions.

Buddy shoulda been in a Champ Car back when Bruno and Minassian were GIVEN rides due to their F-1 connections. He was the best driver two days in a row at Firebird East but didn't have Sir Frank in his corner.

rabbit
11-09-06, 08:15 PM
What's wrong with you?:flame:

He a gomer, we s'poseta be hatin on him.

Maybe. But for this weekend at least, he's our gomer. :\

Indy
11-09-06, 11:41 PM
He's just too much of a potato-head to hate him. Don't you just want to pull the point-at-his-chest-then-knock-the- hat-off-his-head trick, though?

SteveH
11-09-06, 11:43 PM
Buddy sez

the all oval series

nice dig!

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

RaceGrrl
11-09-06, 11:48 PM
Meh... who cares. FWIW, I think AJA is a bigger prick than Buddy Rice.

mueber
11-10-06, 09:53 AM
Yawn.

Hate gets tiring after ten years. Welcome aboard Buddy. Best of luck, etc.

Yawn again.

Warlock!
11-10-06, 10:35 AM
Hate gets tiring after ten years.
Hate is the only thing keeping me interested anymore. :D

That said, I won't hate on Bud-ro.

TRANSAM
11-10-06, 10:40 AM
Yawn.

The face to face harassment of Bobby Rahal has really raised the bar.Name calling on a thread just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Easy
11-10-06, 11:16 AM
Yeah, F*** any driver who comes to the CCWS with a credible racing background and gets hired without dad's money. Who needs paid professionals that won't blast every other racing series on the planet when you've got ride buyers that will take their money to F1 at the first sniff of an opportunity?

Spicoli
11-10-06, 11:41 AM
Yeah, F*** any driver who comes to the CCWS with a credible racing background and gets hired without dad's money. Who needs paid professionals that won't blast every other racing series on the planet when you've got ride buyers that will take their money to F1 at the first sniff of an opportunity?

Who knows WHAt if ANYTHING Buddeto Risetto is getting paid?

Hateball!:cool:

Joelski
11-10-06, 11:43 AM
At least he's not French, Brazillian, or a whiner in general.

:runsfromnhgheydriverlubbers:

Insomniac
11-10-06, 12:04 PM
Maybe it would be easier for you to list who isn't. :p

GOFAST1
11-10-06, 12:47 PM
This is it for him.Couldn't cut a master before and I don't see it now.He is grand-am material.

ChampcarShark
11-10-06, 01:12 PM
It looks to me like drivers and owners are starting to look more into ccws to bail out on ftg.

I say welcome to all of them.

The future looks clear now. RIP indy 499 (or was it 500????)

Gangrel
11-10-06, 01:15 PM
It looks to me like drivers and owners are starting to look more into ccws to bail out on ftg.

I say welcome to all of them.

The future looks clear now. RIP indy 499 (or was it 500????)

497.5. Keep up with the times. :D

cameraman
11-10-06, 02:21 PM
I talked to him while waiting in line for some food when the Grand Am folk were in town. He was a nice guy. I can't see hating on somebody whose career really has been screwed up by ftg's little racing adventure.

jonovision_man
11-10-06, 04:25 PM

The IRL did a lot for Buddy, and even though it's not doing him any favours today he'd have been a prick to trash them.

ChampCar is giving him a chance today, he'd be a real prick if he started trashing ChampCar when they're helping him revive a stalled career.

Maybe that's sitting on the fence, but IMO that's just prudent career management, never burn bridges and always keep your options open.

I want to be in a very competitive car and I want to go racing, and that's my goal.

Geez, I hate guys like that! :p

jono

Spicoli
11-10-06, 04:45 PM
The IRL did a lot for Buddy, and even though it's not doing him any favours today he'd have been a prick to trash them.

ChampCar is giving him a chance today, he'd be a real prick if he started trashing ChampCar when they're helping him revive a stalled career.

Maybe that's sitting on the fence, but IMO that's just prudent career management, never burn bridges and always keep your options open.

Geez, I hate guys like that! :p

jono

Jono - you are, in fact, intimate with the term : Fencesitter. :p

Dr. Corkski
11-10-06, 05:12 PM
He has Red Bull on his helmet, F him before he goes off to NASCAR too.

G.
11-10-06, 05:20 PM
Question. What do you guys think of the moral character of the drivers that went over to the earl and then proceded to trash-talk about CART?

What do you think of the few that crossed over and said nothing but good words about each series?

Bonus: Which driver belongs to which question above? Dario. Michael.

cameraman
11-10-06, 05:24 PM
If you don't follow the IRL you will never hear what they say and since they never seem to come back, wgaf what they say.

Spicoli
11-10-06, 05:55 PM
If you don't follow the IRL you will never hear what they say and since they never seem to come back, wgaf what they say.

I lives in gomerville. gotta liswten to their **** - no way around it.:shakehead

And the answer is: Dario said nuttin bad. Mikey, well, you know the answer to that one...:thumdown:

Spicoli
11-10-06, 06:03 PM
Source - *** W**** :D

As I said earlier, it is my understanding that Rice has an IRL deal alrady in place. However, he may get an offer from Forsythe this weekend and who knows, he may take it. With that in mind, let me say this BEFORE any public announcements are made:

If I were hiring a driver, he would not be on my short list. Nice guy, fast at times, Indy 500 winner BUT he seems to have lost something and, as the English would say, his career may have been flattered by having an equipment advantage. First he had Nissan/Infiniti power at Cheever and when that went away, he looked pretty average before landing at Rahal with a big Honda edge. Once the others caught up, again, he was just making up the numbers. Last year he was routinely outclassed by Danica and Simmons and just didn't impress me.

I hope he surprises me and reels off a bunch of wins and top finishes next year - but I doubt it.

:shakehead

Ruben Barrios
11-10-06, 07:38 PM
Question. What do you guys think of the moral character of the drivers that went over to the earl and then proceded to trash-talk about CART?

What do you think of the few that crossed over and said nothing but good words about each series?

Bonus: Which driver belongs to which question above? Dario. Michael.

Great attitude G, more should think like that! Kudos...

What's good for the gander must be good for the goose too....

nrc
11-10-06, 10:19 PM
Buddy was suitably impressed by a proper open wheel car, but I don't think P13 in Q1 is going to land him a full season deal. They've got a good comparison with Martinez in P8.

"The things I noticed most were the throttle lag and the brakes," said the 30-year-old eteran from Phoenix. "There's definitely a lag between the IRL engine and the Cosworth but, once it kicks in, it kicks in pretty nice.

"The Champ Car is more of a point and squirt because you have to have things pretty squared up when you get aggressive with the throttle. There's so much more wheel spin and it's nothing like an IRL car with traction control. I like it better because it puts it more in the driver's hands."

Rice also raved about how quickly he could stop.

"And the brakes are soooo much better. It's hard to believe how deep you can go into the corners," he continued.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=11041

Fio1
11-10-06, 10:46 PM
I think he's a flipping dork, not nescesaraly a prick. Actually, he did a very cool thing after he won Indy; taking out a full page ad in Racer thanking everyone that helped him out in his career. That was a very un-prick thing to do imo. He thanked a bunch of go-kart teams and stuff, so he remembered his roots...I doubt you'll see Castroneves & Hornish do something like that!

Bob_S.
11-10-06, 11:21 PM
Q: Would Bhuddey have gotten the ride if his helmet didn't match AJ's? :p

Face it, Bhuddey is a tosser. He "won" a Mindy fivehunnert and quickly fell into the advanced version of Racing Trivial Pursuit. :\

NismoZ
11-11-06, 12:06 AM
No he isn't.

Bob_S.
11-11-06, 12:50 AM
No he isn't.

Neener neener?:D

EDwardo
11-11-06, 05:27 AM
Buddy has discovered that being an American 497.5 champ doesn't mean much when faced with .1RL shrinkage. He has to choose between earning a ride in CC or to wait for a Tonybucks check intended to pad the 497.5 field. Does he cash a check knowing that Anton isn't funding teams with any chance of winning, only insuring a full field?

Look at it this way. Forsythe is starting 2 Mindy winners in Mexico!

theunions
11-11-06, 06:27 AM
Look at it this way. Forsythe is starting 2 Mindy winners in Mexico!

David Martinez has raced in the Indy 500?

EDwardo
11-11-06, 07:53 AM
David Martinez has raced in the Indy 500?

OK. It would have been 2 except for an intoxicated joyride on a golfcart by the other winner......

jonovision_man
11-11-06, 09:32 AM
Jono - you are, in fact, intimate with the term : Fencesitter. :p

I watch what I like and call it like I see it.

jono

Spicoli
11-11-06, 09:46 AM
[D & R - Rice and Fisher

http://www.freewebdesign.be/smileys/images/other/smilie_auslachen.gif

Spicoli
11-11-06, 09:49 AM
I watch what I like and call it like I see it.

jono

bizboard is a forum too.http://www.freewebdesign.be/smileys/images/medium/medium-smiley-102.gif

EDwardo
11-11-06, 10:11 AM

I see that a certain member at another forum (name rhymes withe the guy who designs F1 circuits) is reliably informed that Buddy is teaming up Sarah in 2007 racing for D&R. Also reported possibly "some" money from Honda. No mention of a stipend from the newly established "Chicagoland cash endowment" created to offset field shrinkage.

Spicoli
11-11-06, 10:17 AM
I see that a certain member at another forum (name rhymes withe the guy who designs F1 circuits) is reliably informed that Buddy is teaming up Sarah in 2007 racing for D&R. Also reported possibly "some" money from Honda. No mention of a stipend from the newly established "Chicagoland cash endowment" created to offset field shrinkage.

You're good mang. :thumbup:

:tony:

Andrew Longman
11-11-06, 10:18 AM
Keep in mind that despite his Atlantics success he found no rides in CART. And despite winning the 500 he didn't get to keep his ride in the IRL. Trying to keep his career from falling further into trivial pursuit territory and avoiding needing to get a job at Home Depot are surely his top worries. Reality will keep him from trashing anything until his future is more certain. Let GF give him a meaty contract before expecting him to be a cheerleader.

I also think he has not been particularly good since he got hurt last year. His teammates have outperformed him ever since. He still needs to prove himself.

But someone please fix his hat

Andrew Longman
11-11-06, 10:31 AM
Buddy is teaming up Sarah in 2007 racing for D&R. Also reported possibly "some" money from Honda.

Now THERE's a competitive ride. At least he'll beat his teammate

Cam
11-11-06, 11:15 AM

Eric Bachelart? ;)

EDwardo
11-11-06, 01:39 PM

After a big waffle breakfast, the reliable info concerning Rice now reads "may not be as cast in stone as I originally heard - might be Rice and it could be another driver, possibly Briscoe."

cameraman
11-11-06, 02:43 PM
After a big waffle breakfast, the reliable info concerning Rice now reads "may not be as cast in stone as I originally heard - might be Rice and it could be another driver, possibly Briscoe."

In other words he has no ****ing clue.

Cam
11-11-06, 03:04 PM

:rolleyes:

http://www.pccruisers.com/jwigloo.gif

EDwardo
11-11-06, 03:08 PM

There might be an explanation. An unexpected fluctuation in the magnetic field at northern latitude might have disrupted the electron stream focused on his tinfoil cranial enhancement device.
His real specialties are predicting crowd size at Champcar events and private financial information pertaining to Champcar.

I'm certain that further refinements to his Rice prognostication will appear later.

:rofl:

Ozarkian
11-11-06, 04:10 PM
I'm certain that further refinements to his Rice prognostication will appear later.

As soon as Miss Cleo responds to his urgent messages.

Jox
11-11-06, 05:42 PM
Buddy's not a prick, he's just slow. How can you be full of yourself when Legge outqualifies you?

GOFAST1
11-12-06, 08:58 AM
Starting in the back with car like that proves one more time that this guy can't compete at this level.

audi quattro
11-12-06, 11:40 AM
For what it's worth, I got banned at crack forum today for speaking my mind about the ******* named TARA who has nothing but vitriole to say about champcar.
I will be neutral about buddy right now.
Some drivers are obvious imbiciles. ie money grubbing self serving ego maniacs.
Buddy is not such.

pchall
11-12-06, 01:42 PM
Not looking too promising for Rice after warmup either. I can see Martinez being that slow, but Buddy?

7 K. Legge
8 A. Pizzonia
9 J. Heylen
10 M. Dominguez
11 N. Philippe
12 W. Power
13 D. Clarke
14 A. Ranger
15 C. Zwolsman
16 B. Rice
17 D. Martinez
18 A. Wirth

Indy
11-12-06, 02:29 PM
Nemick posted on CCF and implied that the team had let him down.

Spicoli
11-12-06, 07:03 PM
Buddy Rice still sucks.

Martinez outdrove him all f'in day.:thumbup:

NismoZ
11-12-06, 07:37 PM
He'd better go for D&R.

Ray Scar
11-13-06, 01:55 PM
If he does stay I sure hope Forsythe will find him a hat that fits.

Accipiter
11-13-06, 02:07 PM
Rice also raved about how quickly he could stop.

"And the brakes are soooo much better. It's hard to believe how deep you can go into the corners," he continued.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/N...e.asp?ID=11041

Huh? Shouldn't the IRL car's Carbon Brakes outperform the steel ones in Champ Car? Weight difference is negligable, Downforce could be an issue, but I wouldn't think that big of one. Do they have smaller discs and roters, or fewer pots or something?

Ziggy
11-13-06, 06:33 PM
I think the jury is still out on this one. It has been like never since Buddy drove a car like this. He came in under difficult circumstances.

Did they lose Herta's phone number or something:gomer: