PDA

View Full Version : Play Ball - 2007 Edition

Stu
11-09-06, 01:21 PM
Indians get things rolling by trading Kouzmanoff and Brown to San Diego for Barfield.

Kouzmanoff is an absolute monster hitter, hitting near .400 multiple times in the minors. He has been plagued by injuries though, is in his mid 20's, and is beind Ryan Garko (1b), Andy Marte (3b), and Travis Hafner (best hitter in baseball), on the Indians depth chart. He has very little major league experience, but did jack a grand slam on his first major league pitch.

Andrew Brown was brought over when the Tribe dumped Milton Bradley. He has control problems, but looks to be a solid reliever if he can get his act together. Brown is out of options, so he must be on the big league roster in 07.

Barfield is one of the top young 2nd basemen in the league. He will be missed. San Diego is looking to replace him for 07 with Marcus Giles.

Looks like a trade that benefits both clubs. The Indians filled a position of need by trading away a player who was blocked by others. San Diego has an answer to their 3rd base question, and will no longer have to put up with the likes of Russell Branyan. :rofl:

Dr. Corkski
11-09-06, 02:42 PM
Barry Zito sucks.

dando
11-09-06, 02:52 PM
But it's not 2007 yet. :gomer: Has there been any news on how the minimum wage increase in Ohio will affect the Tribe next season? I'm sure Dolan will need to cut someone to pay the higher wage $$$. ;) He certainly can't make it up in the stands. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
11-09-06, 07:33 PM
But it's not 2007 yet. :gomer: Has there been any news on how the minimum wage increase in Ohio will affect the Tribe next season? I'm sure Dolan will need to cut someone to pay the higher wage $$$. ;) He certainly can't make it up in the stands. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Well at least now we can find out how much Shapiro makes. :gomer:

Do people even read when they vote???

dando
11-09-06, 08:15 PM
Do people even read when they vote???

Do you mean beyond the first paragraph? :saywhat: Hell, if they can't read street signs, you expect them to read ballot info? :irked:

-Kevin

devilmaster
12-07-06, 12:12 PM
Has there been any news on how the minimum wage increase in Ohio will affect the Tribe next season?

Not as badly as the new going rate will affect everyone.... :shakehead

10 mil a year for Lilly? :irked:

dando
12-07-06, 01:21 PM
10 mil a year for Lilly? :irked:

These salaries are insane. $10M for Lilly is almost as obscene as the Dawdgers spending $55 over 5 years for Dreifort. :shakehead I'm going to start losing interest in the MLB again if this continues. :irked:

In other news, the Tribe did a bang up job of signing Borowski (failed Phillies physical) and Dellucci. I think they are actually trying to suck. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Gangrel
12-07-06, 05:52 PM
Big Game Freddy to the Phils for Gavin Floyd and Gio Gonzalez. I sure hope Kenny Williams knows what he's doing...no go on Aaron Rowand.

North side Lovable Blue Losers spend record money on Soriano.

:rofl:

Guess they didn't do a web search on Texas Rangers or A-Rod before they pulled that stunt...but hey, at least they have Felix Pie...

:rofl:

Stu
12-07-06, 11:37 PM
In other news, the Tribe did a bang up job of signing Borowski (failed Phillies physical) and Dellucci. I think they are actually trying to suck. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Whats wrong with Dellucci? He will be in a strict platoon with Michaels in left fied. Dellucci vs. righties hit: .299/.375/.529/.904. Michaels vs. lefties hit: .291/.349/.450/.799. Thats a nice platoon.

As far as Borowski, he failed the Philly's physical, which is why Philadelphia didnt offer him a 2 year contract. Philly still wanted him on a 1 year deal, we just outbid them.

dando
12-08-06, 05:44 PM
Whats wrong with Dellucci? He will be in a strict platoon with Michaels in left fied. Dellucci vs. righties hit: .299/.375/.529/.904. Michaels vs. lefties hit: .291/.349/.450/.799. Thats a nice platoon.

As far as Borowski, he failed the Philly's physical, which is why Philadelphia didnt offer him a 2 year contract. Philly still wanted him on a 1 year deal, we just outbid them.

Just platoon the whole team. :shakehead Shapiro should just change his name to Sid Thrift. :gomer:

-Kevin

Stu
12-09-06, 12:49 AM
Just platoon the whole team. :shakehead Shapiro should just change his name to Sid Thrift. :gomer:

-Kevin

yea, might as well do the whole team.

except, as of right now, theres no need to platoon center, 3rd, short, 2nd, 1st, catcher, or DH. :rolleyes:

Racing Truth
12-09-06, 02:26 PM
yea, might as well do the whole team.

except, as of right now, theres no need to platoon center, 3rd, short, 2nd, 1st, catcher, or DH. :rolleyes:

Well, on Delucci, dando's right. Great, he can hir righties. Newsflash: WE ALREADY HIT RIGHTIES. We're awful against southpaws. And Delucci is beyond awful against lefties.:irked:

IFFF Borowski stays healthy, then I'm down with it.

In terms of the other positions being solid, really? 3rd: Who knows if Marte's the answer? Short: Peralta? Awful defense, terrible yr. last yr. 2nd: Correct. Barfield was awesome pickup, IMHO. 1st: Who the h=ll is playing 1st? Vic, Garko, Blake? All of the above? None of the above? Catcher: Vic as catcher, full-time, forever?:laugh: Or, if it's gonna be Shoppach, then explain dumbarse Wedge not playing him much the last month. DH: Of course, that is solid.

Stu
12-10-06, 02:10 AM
Well, on Delucci, dando's right. Great, he can hir righties. Newsflash: WE ALREADY HIT RIGHTIES. We're awful against southpaws. And Delucci is beyond awful against lefties.:irked:

2006 Indians vs. Lefties: .272/.342/.461/.803

2006 Indians vs. Righties: .284/.351/.456/.807

There was very little difference between how the 2006 Indians hit lefties and righties.

3rd: Who knows if Marte's the answer?

Does he need to be the answer? He doesnt need to do much to improve over Boone's numbers. All he has to do is hit .250/.300/.370/.670 and he would be a huge improvement over Boone. And those numbers are worse than what Marte did for the Tribe last year.

Racing Truth
12-11-06, 08:35 PM
2006 Indians vs. Lefties: .272/.342/.461/.803

2006 Indians vs. Righties: .284/.351/.456/.807

There was very little difference between how the 2006 Indians hit lefties and righties.

Does he need to be the answer? He doesnt need to do much to improve over Boone's numbers. All he has to do is hit .250/.300/.370/.670 and he would be a huge improvement over Boone. And those numbers are worse than what Marte did for the Tribe last year.

On the right/left thing, I did not know that. It just seemed to me that they didn't hit LHP well when they needed to.

On Marte, I thought his #'s were actually worse than that last yr. True, he'll (hopefully) be better than Boone, but that does not mean he's the answer either.

Tim
12-11-06, 10:06 PM
Brewers are poised for there 3rd straight season of mediocrity, following 10 of abysmal.

Stu
12-11-06, 10:16 PM
On Marte, I thought his #'s were actually worse than that last yr. True, he'll (hopefully) be better than Boone, but that does not mean he's the answer either.

Marte hit .226/.287/.421/.708 in 164 at bats in 06 with plus defense.

Boone hit .251/.314/.370/.684 in 354 at bats in 06 with horrible defense.

Marte will never likely hit for average, but he'll definately bring the power.