PDA

View Full Version : Pizzonia: ChampCar or GP2

jonovision_man
11-09-06, 09:48 AM
I like the guy, and if he comes here it's for the right reason: to stay and build a career.

F1- Pizzonia sees GP2 as road back to F1

(GMM) Antonio Pizzonia says he might contest the GP2 championship next season as a way to claw back into the world of F1.

After topping the feeder category's timesheet at the Jerez test for the team owned by Giancarlo Fisichella, Brazilian Pizzonia said he was tossing up between a year in GP2 or Champ Cars.

"I think the decision will be made soon, in the next week or ten days," the 26-year-old told the official GP2 website.

Pizzonia continued: "If I stay (in Europe) then it will be to look for an opportunity in formula one. If I go to America then obviously it will be for a long time and I will build my future there."

http://www.motorsport-network.com/index2/publish/Formula_1_2/F1-_Pizzonia_sees_GP2_as_road_back_to_F1.shtml

JONO

Zeki_06
11-09-06, 10:02 AM
It is a hard choice for AP I don't think that he ever be back in F1 in any other roll than Test Driver. Too much Quality In Gp2 for him to shine.

NismoZ
11-09-06, 10:22 AM
I do not think that is the problem. The biggest hurdle is finding a competitive TEAM... in any series. Didn't he recently test fastest in GP2 at Jerez or someplace? Yes, he has a decision to make and F-1 hopes aside I think he'll choose the series where he can find the best chance of winning. Rocketsports!?:eek:

trauma1
11-09-06, 10:59 AM
without the 3rd drivers on friday, there are alot of f1 testers out of work glock is going back to GP2, again, but imo timo has little chance of a f1 ride if not nil, RSR still wants a brazilian driver to go with stupid mario next year, has to do with lexington as a sponsor that's why it looks like tonis is out at RSR, if lexington comes on full board for next year more than likely pizzonia has the seat

The Doctor
11-09-06, 12:25 PM
without the 3rd drivers on friday, there are alot of f1 testers out of work glock is going back to GP2, again, but imo timo has little chance of a f1 ride if not nil, RSR still wants a brazilian driver to go with stupid mario next year, has to do with lexington as a sponsor that's why it looks like tonis is out at RSR, if lexington comes on full board for next year more than likely pizzonia has the seat

why would a canadian sponsor want a brazilian driver? :saywhat:

NismoZ
11-09-06, 01:23 PM
Because PG talks a good game?

trauma1
11-09-06, 01:25 PM
they do alot of thier buisness in south and central america, pizzonia had nothing to do with gettting lexington but if RSR is still looking at the team brazil idea who knows, , either way i don't think tonis has much of a chance of getting the ride