PDA

View Full Version : The Racing Trend I want to end

JohnHKart
11-09-06, 05:14 AM
Blonde Bimbo pit reporters. YECHHHHHHHHHHHH! They're everywhere! What english are they speaking??? I can't understand them, they are obnoxious, untalented unatractive and a total waste of airtime. They're now in Champ Car, Nascar...others I'm probably forgetting but thankfully not NHRA. who thought we needed this???? Is this some play to get more women into the sport or some equality agenda? They probably never even heard of a race car till their boyfriend/husband/etc... got them the job. Enough!

JH

chop456
11-09-06, 05:25 AM
You'd prefer Gary Gerould and "What are your emotions right now?" :tony:

Ziggy
11-09-06, 06:44 AM
I agree with JohnKart, but question the absolute passions displayed by the racers. Im sure some of those NASCAR guys are asking themselves, "what town are we in?"

mueber
11-09-06, 09:04 AM
Is this some play to get more women into the sport or some equality agenda?

Probably both.

They probably never even heard of a race car till their boyfriend/husband/etc... got them the job.

True of some, but, although she's hardly a blonde bimbo, I'd give a break to Wendy Venturini. Wasn't Bob East's daughter a pit reporter for sprint car racing at one time? I can't think of her name.

As far as the trend I'd like to see stopped, for me it is the most obvious one: More and more sanctioning bodies leading to more and more series, leading to everyone who has enough skill to be able to pull their minivan out of the garage, and enough money to buy a race car, thinking they are professionals.

It's crucified the amateur and semi-pro forms of auto racing and turned open-wheel, sports cars, and sprint car and midget auto racing into pastimes.

Andrew Longman
11-09-06, 09:41 AM
But they said over at TF that Jamie Little is HOT!

Is it the blond thing you object to or was Bronte OK?

You know this all started with Jim Lampley doing sideline reporting on a UCLA/Tenn game. That led to Erik Dickerson and Lisa Guererro. Blame Roon Arledge.

I have no problem with women in the broadcast, blond or not, but please add value. For a pit reporter give me more Parker Johnstone and less Jack Arute

Don Quixote
11-09-06, 09:56 AM
Michele Tofoya (sp?) is the absolute worst. She has that perpetual smirk on her face that she must have learned from Jack A-root.

trauma1
11-09-06, 11:52 AM
jamie little is the worst of the bunch, bimbo central, the gomers are pissed that she's on the nascar team and she has a bigger group of drivers to choose from now, wounder how she's going to handel being away from weldone, marlo has put on a few M&M's i see

G.
11-09-06, 02:23 PM
They should put hot Colombian chicks in the pits. That'd be cool.

Know any?

;)

(oh yeah, this thread is worthless without pics)

KLang
11-09-06, 03:37 PM
(oh yeah, this thread is worthless without pics)

I agree. How's this one?

http://www.tagliani.com/bronte/update/gallery/images/brontepictures001.jpg

spinner26
11-09-06, 04:08 PM
Marlo is cool, Jamie is extreme, that chick that does SPEED NEWS is a single drivers dream. BIMBO!

nrc
11-09-06, 04:51 PM
Between that and bimbos on the NFL sidelines... :irked:

rabbit
11-09-06, 05:11 PM
(oh yeah, this thread is worthless without pics)http://www.motorsport.com/photos/irl/2002/pp/irl-2002-pp-tm-0141.jpghttp://www.motorsport.com/photos/irl/2002/pp/irl-2002-pp-tm-0139.jpg

:tony:

nissan gtp
11-09-06, 05:36 PM
bring back Bronte :cool: