PDA

View Full Version : Danica touting the joys of libraries

mueber
11-08-06, 03:37 PM
Gez:

One of my co-workers, who knows of my disdain for the IRL and Danica, couldn't wait to show me the cover of the most recent American Libraries.

I'm impressed. She covers every possilbe image from stripper to bookworm, and I didn't know she could read.

http://www.ala.org/images/alonline/cover.jpg

trauma1
11-08-06, 04:20 PM
for someone with a GED:shakehead

Hameroids
11-14-06, 10:18 AM
for someone with a GED:shakehead

Gomeric Euphoria Diseases - cause has been linked directly to excessive consumption of kool-aid. Most IRL fans have a GED.

pchall
11-14-06, 01:05 PM
I'm impressed. She covers every possilbe image from stripper to bookworm, and I didn't know she could read.

P&G's brand marketing troopers must be working overtime to give her a wholesome image. I'm surprised she isn't wearing cute little faux intellectual glasses for that cover shot.

dando
11-14-06, 01:17 PM
Gez:

One of my co-workers, who knows of my disdain for the IRL and Danica, couldn't wait to show me the cover of the most recent American Libraries.

http://www.ala.org/images/alonline/cover.jpg

My wife works for OCLC (they sell books and services to libraries)....she sent that to me and asked if that was the driver involved in that nasty wreck @ RA. :saywhat: I immediately set the record straight, and told her to have the peeps responsible for that pub Google her FHM spread. What a fine representative for the ALA. :irked: :mad:

-Kevin

NismoZ
11-14-06, 01:23 PM
Nothing has changed. She's female, that's IT. That lag in attention shown to girls nationwide, especially in education, was addressed YEARS ago and the scales may now have tipped in the other direction. I'm surprised there isn't a law that would have required that cover to show boys and girls of about 23 different ethnic groups demonstrating their exactly equal desire for knowledge.

pchall
11-14-06, 09:12 PM
I'm surprised there isn't a law that would have required that cover to show boys and girls of about 23 different ethnic groups demonstrating their exactly equal desire for knowledge.

Stop being so idealistic. ;)

The desire for fame and/or notoriety is independent of class, race, sex, and age.

Wingnut
11-15-06, 09:21 AM
I'm surprised there isn't a law that would have required that cover to show boys and girls of about 23 different ethnic groups demonstrating their exactly equal desire for knowledge.

Trust me, that would be preferable to the stench of the IRL stinkin' up a perfectly good library journal. We don't get that one at my library, but I guaran-damn-tee you she'd have a moustache and fangs before being routed.

NismoZ
11-15-06, 12:04 PM
. (change of mind!)

trauma1
11-16-06, 12:12 PM
Nothing has changed. She's female, that's IT. That lag in attention shown to girls nationwide, especially in education, was addressed YEARS ago and the scales may now have tipped in the other direction. I'm surprised there isn't a law that would have required that cover to show boys and girls of about 23 different ethnic groups demonstrating their exactly equal desire for knowledge.

she dumb aas a rock. it was acing for her instead of an education, she didn't go to HS got a GED, listen to her interviews she's dumb as an ant, , it was her choice to be uneducated:shakehead

Anteater
11-18-06, 07:49 PM
She loves books so much that she WROTE one! :p
http://www.amazon.com/Danica-Crossing-Line-Danica-Patrick/dp/0743298144

tantra
11-20-06, 01:51 AM
And the writer of all the words is .......

Laura Morton, an independent writer and producer, has written and produced best-selling exercise videos with Joan Lunden, Linda Gray, Richard Simmons, and Reebok.

FailureByDesign
11-20-06, 03:04 PM
Didn't Danica say she didn't read a lot of books :saywhat: :rofl: what a great role model a middle school drop out.