PDA

View Full Version : Driving Styles

rocket
01-07-03, 09:16 PM
CHICAGO: One hand on wheel, one hand on horn.

NEW YORK: One hand on wheel, one finger out window.

NEW JERSEY: One hand on wheel, one finger out window, cutting across all lanes of traffic.

BOSTON: One hand on wheel, one hand on newspaper, foot solidly on accelerator.

LOS ANGELES: One hand on wheel, one hand on nonfat double decaf cappuccino, cradling cell phone, brick on accelerator, gun in lap.

SEATTLE: One hand on 12 oz. Double shot latte, one knee on
wheel, cradling cell phone, foot on brake, mind on radio game, banging head on steering wheel while stuck in traffic.

TENNESSEE: One hand on wheel, one hand on hunting rifle, alternating between both feet being on the accelerator and both feet on brake, throwing McDonald's bag out the window.

ALABAMA: Four-wheel drive pick-up truck, shotgun mounted in rear window, beer cans on floor, squirrel tails attached to antenna.

FLORIDA: Two hands gripping wheel, blue hair barely visible above windshield, driving 35 on the Interstate in the left lane with the left blinker on.

rabbit
01-07-03, 09:21 PM
INDIANAPOLIS - One hand on wheel, one hand on radio button saying, "I'm so sorry."

RacinM3
01-07-03, 09:24 PM
WASHINGTON DC - one hand on wheel, other hand in the taxpayers wallet

Classic Apex
01-07-03, 09:35 PM
GREEN BAY

Knee on wheel, hand on Reinlander, other hand on fried cheese, cradling babysitter.

:D

(in advance I apologize for any future edits)

Turn7
01-08-03, 11:25 AM
HOUSTON,

One hand on the wheel, the other on a tallboy.

One foot on the gas, the other hanging out the driver's side window.

Warlock!
01-08-03, 11:49 AM
NW Ohio...

Left foot on 1/2 empty Old Milwaukee 12-pak box, right foot on throttle, right hand wrapped around fresh deer-jerky, left hand gripping the combine's steering handle, all the while oblivious to the 6 cars behind him trying to get by without getting a corn picking head-attatchment thrust through the passenger-side door.
:gomer:

Winter Warlock!

mnkywrch
01-08-03, 11:59 AM
It's been my experience that Ohio drivers drive too slow.

Also, people with Indiana plates starting with 79 (Tippecanoe County) also cannot drive.

Warlock!
01-08-03, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
It's been my experience that Ohio drivers drive too slow.
Thanks to our State Highway Patrol always lookin over our shoulders. I've been stopped for 56mph in a 55 zone. Saw State Patrol on I-75 going the same direction as I. I set cruise on 55mph. Slowly i caught him (he musta had his set slow to allow traffic to catch him). After i passed him I pulled back into right lane. 2 minutes later his lights were on.

No ticket, but I got a warning. They beat the speed limit into us ohioans pretty well...

Winter Warlock!

Napoleon
01-08-03, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
They beat the speed limit into us ohioans pretty well...

Speak for yourself.

I have a funny story involving the Indiana State Police but couldn't post it here since it would in large part blow my "cover" that having a handle provides me. Any of you I see at the track in the future ask me about it.

rabbit
01-08-03, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
Thanks to our State Highway Patrol always lookin over our shoulders. I've been stopped for 56mph in a 55 zone. Saw State Patrol on I-75 going the same direction as I. I set cruise on 55mph. Slowly i caught him (he musta had his set slow to allow traffic to catch him). After i passed him I pulled back into right lane. 2 minutes later his lights were on.

No ticket, but I got a warning. They beat the speed limit into us ohioans pretty well...

Winter Warlock!

Not just the state, but the locals get in on the act as well. I had a friend get a ticket for 27 in a 25 in a little burg called Cridersville.

I read a story in Car & Driver a few years ago about speeding. It said Ohio had the highest ratio of patrol cars per mile of road. The article specifically mentioned "a little stretch of interstate (I-75) from Findlay to Dayton" as being especially well patrolled. As a regular driver of this little section highway, I can attest to that all too well. :cry: :shakehead

cart7
01-08-03, 04:10 PM
St. Louis--One hand on the wheel and the other on a can of Bud. Neither eye on the road.

MAXAR RE
01-09-03, 06:58 PM
Glad I live in Texas and not Ohio. Speeding tickets are not the primary focus of most city PDs or the Texas DPS; they are usually looking for drunk drivers, clearing wrecks, or hanging out at the local Dairy Queen. :p