PDA

View Full Version : IRL

dando
11-06-06, 02:26 PM
Anyone notice that the IRL earned a spot on the ESPN.com nav? So that 10 clicks/month it got under NASCAR deserves a spot on the top nav? :\ :thumdown:

-Kevin

Spicoli
11-06-06, 02:39 PM
In other IRL news, Eddie cheever is broke. again. :p

devilmaster
11-06-06, 02:40 PM
I stopped going to espn's website a long time ago.

Just way too busy and too much crap. Slows the system down to a dead crawl. I hate websites that force video to play, unless you turn it off in time.

dando
11-06-06, 03:12 PM
I stopped going to espn's website a long time ago.

Just way too busy and too much crap. Slows the system down to a dead crawl. I hate websites that force video to play, unless you turn it off in time.

Oh, don't get me started on the site. :thumdown: Unfotunately I need to keep an eye on the top sites to see what the competition portals are doing. You should try loading it over dialup. It literally takes 30 min before the site loads. I just think it's funny that they put it on the nav *after the season is over*. It wasn't on the nav a few weeks ago. :laugh: They must figger that the standard IRLista can't find the link on the subnav for NASCAB. :laugh: :gomer:

-Kevin

rosawendel
11-06-06, 03:13 PM
how about web sites that show "what's showing now" popups that cover up the "more racing news" link you want (and sometimes freezes there)?

dando
11-06-06, 03:17 PM
how about web sites that show "what's showing now" popups that cover up the "more racing news" link you want (and sometimes freezes there)?

Speed is my second most hated site. :thumdown: :thumdown:

-Kevin

Lizzerd
11-06-06, 03:20 PM
Defender must have reminded ESPN that they are a media partner.

indyfan31
11-06-06, 03:56 PM
Defender must have reminded ESPN that they are a media partner.

:laugh: .... I just love that part, he gets SO bent out of shape.

cameraman
11-06-06, 04:05 PM
Looks like the new pr guy had someone write a check to espn.

Just means they will have less money next spring...

devilmaster
11-06-06, 04:20 PM
Oh, don't get me started on the site.......

Too late. ;) :laugh:

Indy
11-06-06, 04:34 PM
Never go there. The IRL sucks. Stick 'n ball sucks. ESPN sucks. Who cares?

dando
11-06-06, 04:48 PM
Too late. ;) :laugh:

I really like the TSN site, but they end every sentence with eh, which gets a bit tiresome. :D :p

-Kevin

Elmo T
11-06-06, 04:48 PM
Just means they will have less money next spring...

It is that extra $69 Million after the sale of IMS's share in Chicagoland... ;)

NismoZ
11-06-06, 06:47 PM
Forget the site, ESPN The Network LOVES to show golf replays with the ball covered by the crawler, other advertising or a leader board. You can only tell if the ball went in by the reaction of the golfer. They regularly cover up the actual "play" in many sports highlights.

oddlycalm
11-06-06, 07:56 PM
They regularly cover up the actual "play" in many sports highlights. They don't care about their product and don't care who knows it. I quite watching anything on ESPN years ago for exactly that reason.

oc

cameraman
11-06-06, 08:20 PM
Maybe so but Fox's baseball coverage is a couple of orders of magnitude worse than ESPN's. Fox redefined suck with this year's series coverage.

ferrarigod
11-06-06, 09:59 PM
I swear to God I've seen this thread before dando.

why is that?:gomer:

j/k:rofl:

Jervis Tetch 1
11-07-06, 12:17 AM
:tony: :irked: :yuck: :thumdown:

TKGAngel
11-08-06, 03:46 PM
Did anyone else notice that the Champcar and F1 stuff is covered under the link to the IRL? :irked:

dando
11-08-06, 04:00 PM
Did anyone else notice that the Champcar and F1 stuff is covered under the link to the IRL? :irked:

Yup. Plus there's an EARL promo on the CCWS page. :irked:

-Kevin