PDA

View Full Version : Riggs crewman shoves Harvick, wife after Texas race.

Willam
11-06-06, 12:03 AM
Anyone else see this?

FORT WORTH, Texas -- An unidentified crewman for Scott Riggs' team knocked driver Kevin Harvick, his wife and a NASCAR official to the ground on pit road Sunday, minutes after the Dickies 500 at Texas Motor Speedway.

It was apparently in retaliation for an incident late in the race.

Harvick was close behind Riggs when the latter crashed while running third on lap 332 of the 339-race event. It appeared Harvick's car took the air off the rear deck of Riggs' car and Riggs was unable to maintain control.

Jan McCormick Jr., a public relations representative for Harvick, said Kevin and DeLana Harvick were walking to the infield media center for a postrace interview when two Riggs crewmen made several comments to them.

"They were just talking a little smack, which is normal, and then one of them came up and gave Kevin a push in the back," McCormick said. "Kevin fell into DeLana and she fell into a NASCAR official and all three of them fell to the ground."

He said the men ran away but Mike Dillon, competitive director for Richard Childress Racing, which fields Harvick's car, went after them and took the man who pushed Harvick to the NASCAR hauler.

The Harvicks were not injured, but the NASCAR official, identified as John Sacco, was taken to the infield medical center with what was reported to be a sprained ankle.

"Those guys decided they wanted to take matters into their own hands and trip my wife in front of their pit box," Harvick said. "That's a little bit unnecessary, so we're not too happy about that."

Team officials for Evernham Motorsports, which fields Riggs' car, said there would be no immediate comment on the situation and NASCAR officials said they were investigating the incident.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2650944

Spicoli
11-06-06, 12:14 AM
nuttin on youtoober yet. :D

Lizzerd
11-06-06, 01:01 AM
Sounds like a couple of Tag wannabe's to me. Were they wearing helmets?

RusH
11-06-06, 01:38 AM
Delana Harvick is hwat :)

spinner26
11-06-06, 01:55 AM
Guy shoves Harvick, his bagage is in front of him as was an official of some sort they all three go to the ground. Whoop dee flippin due.:cry:

If Dbag is not involved it's a non issue but since she was and the guy ran it's a friggin travisty.:rolleyes: :saywhat:

ESPN.com reports it as a fight .:shakehead

chop456
11-06-06, 02:39 AM

You spelled that wrong. :D

Indy
11-06-06, 04:09 AM
They should have used a golf cart.

emjaya
11-06-06, 07:45 AM

http://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/2006/news/opinion/04/24/cross.words.phoenix/Delana.Harvick.193.jpg

Ohh yeah. :D

Not that I don't trust your opinion, but I had to check for myself.:D

Spicoli
11-06-06, 09:21 AM
Ohh yeah. :D

Not that I don't trust your opinion, but I had to check for myself.:D

you serious? she looks like Scooby do's little sister. :laugh:

http://racingjunky.bizland.com/DeLana_Firesuit.gif

pchall
11-06-06, 10:55 AM
NASCAR billiards at its finest!

Left Rear Tire Changer hits the Star Driver square into the Trophy Wife who ricochet's into the NASCAR Official.

Soon to be a weekly feature on ESPN.

Gangrel
11-06-06, 10:57 AM
Mmmmm....I love waking up to the sound of the morning banjos.... :gomer:

Can we wake up from this redneck nightmare and get back to the days of real racing again?

Eagle104
11-06-06, 11:05 AM
Mmmmm....I love waking up to the sound of the morning banjos.... :gomer:

Can we wake up from this redneck nightmare and get back to the days of real racing again?

Same here, fellow Sox fan.

I wake up to Country music on my radio-alarm. Hearing that tells me the day can only get better. :laugh:

pchall
11-06-06, 12:32 PM
NASCAR billiards at its finest!

Left Rear Tire Changer hits the Star Driver square into the Trophy Wife who ricochet's into the NASCAR Official.

Soon to be a weekly feature on ESPN.

Accipiter
11-06-06, 12:39 PM

Is what?

Andrew Longman
11-06-06, 12:44 PM
Did AJA's new wife realize she's be mud wrestling in the pits?

Hameroids
11-06-06, 01:14 PM
See?
http://images.yunnan.cn/mmsource/images/2004/10/23/spt_041023003.jpg

AJ's chick knew she'd be strong down there. Smart girl; In the top ten instantly.
She'll never have another car payment now. Bet before you know it, she'll be toting Jr's Bud.