PDA

View Full Version : Penske on ALM.

emjaya
11-02-06, 09:01 PM
http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=2716

I'm of the mind that we need to have one pure prototype class and one for coupes like the Corvettes and Porsches and Aston Martins. I think the excitement of the racing if everybody had the same power and had different looking chassis and different looking engine, I think it would take the sport another 100 feet high.

:saywhat: Where have I heard that before?

RichK
11-02-06, 09:08 PM
Penske could STFU for the rest of his life & all would be good. Maybe he'll ruin sportscar racing too.

racer2c
11-02-06, 09:19 PM
Penske could STFU for the rest of his life & all would be good. Maybe he'll ruin sportscar racing too.

I thought the Frances beat him to it? ;)

Spicoli
11-02-06, 09:29 PM
I thought the Frances beat him to it? ;)

SoG]

no

[/SoG]

:gomer:

nissan gtp
11-02-06, 09:49 PM
I wish penske would go ahead and die :mad:

Cam
11-02-06, 10:03 PM
SoG]

no

[/SoG]

:gomer:

Christ you are a losar! You can't even close yer brackets right! :rolleyes: :D

RusH
11-03-06, 12:35 AM
I wish penske would go ahead and die :mad:

:rofl: POTW

devilmaster
11-03-06, 12:50 AM
Christ you are a losar! You can't even close yer brackets right! :rolleyes: :D

Yah!

cam, what's a losar?

:p

Kiwifan
11-03-06, 12:57 AM
I know! I know! A Tibetan holiday. Right? Right....? :)

Now Cam. WTF does that have to do with our Spikkly?? ;)

Rusty.

pchall
11-03-06, 08:28 AM

I'm hoping he'll bolt for Grand Am and get stuck with Fabcar-Porsches. :D

extramundane
11-03-06, 11:02 AM
I'm hoping he'll bolt for Grand Am and get stuck with Fabcar-Porsches. :D

Stuck? Hell, Cheeeber done switched to 'em, so they must be good! :gomer:

mueber
11-03-06, 11:20 AM
Publishing this on their website is not a good sign for the ALMS.

Whatever credibility Penske had he lost years ago by being a self-absorbed hypocrite. Hopefully ALMS will understand that Penske is an employee, and like most employees, he takes direction, he does not give it.

Gangrel
11-03-06, 03:45 PM
I think it would take the sport another 100 feet high.

Rog knows all about taking sports another 100 ft high, having run an EARL team for a few years. Ask Mario. :D

Peter Olivola
11-03-06, 06:46 PM
Where do you get the idea that Roger Penske is an employee of ALMS? :rolleyes:

Publishing this on their website is not a good sign for the ALMS.

Whatever credibility Penske had he lost years ago by being a self-absorbed hypocrite. Hopefully ALMS will understand that Penske is an employee, and like most employees, he takes direction, he does not give it.

cameraman
11-03-06, 09:40 PM
Where do you get the idea that Roger Penske is an employee of ALMS? :rolleyes:You really are a lawyer, aren't you...

What he meant was RP has no ownership or control stake in the ALMS and thus is merely a team owner just like every other team owner; much like an employee, not in a position of power.

Peter Olivola
11-04-06, 12:19 AM
If that's what he meant, let him speak up and correct his flagrant misuse of the language. Words have meaning. I guess the game now is to say something outrageous and then claim you didn't really mean it, or let someone else claim it for you.

You really are a lawyer, aren't you...

What he meant was RP has no ownership or control stake in the ALMS and thus is merely a team owner just like every other team owner; much like an employee, not in a position of power.

eiregosod
11-04-06, 04:06 AM
If that's what he meant, let him speak up and correct his flagrant misuse of the language. Words have meaning. I guess the game now is to say something outrageous and then claim you didn't really mean it, or let someone else claim it for you.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/53/Movie_DVD_cover_batman.jpg/200px-Movie_DVD_cover_batman.jpg

Spicoli
11-04-06, 09:18 AM
:confused:

:tony:

why post at all?

Peter Olivola
11-04-06, 09:23 AM
To inform, enlighten, amuse and, apparently, provoke without fear of being called out on it.

:confused:

:tony:

why post at all?

Spicoli
11-04-06, 09:48 AM
To inform, enlighten, amuse and, apparently, provoke without fear of being called out on it.

:laugh:

they don;t call this OLDcamber fer nuttin.:cry:

NismoZ
11-04-06, 11:35 AM
You certainly have the "amusing" part covered.:) (Uh Oh...was that provocative?)

Peter Olivola
11-04-06, 04:17 PM
Glad to be of service to brighten your day.

You certainly have the "amusing" part covered.:) (Uh Oh...was that provocative?)

Spicoli
11-04-06, 05:29 PM
Glad to be of service to brighten your day.

http://www.stinging-nettle.net/gomer_pyle.jpeg

pchall
11-04-06, 07:27 PM
Rog knows all about taking sports another 100 ft high, having run an EARL team for a few years. Ask Mario. :D

Don't forget Sham Hornish flipped onto his lid, too. But Mario got more air and stuck the landing.

NismoZ
11-04-06, 09:04 PM
It DID brighten my day!:thumbup: Thanks. I was reminded of your recent suggestion to pay attention only to the really important stuff. You know, like you seem to be doing here.:p