PDA

View Full Version : Does Pagenaud get a ride in Mexico?

cameraman
11-01-06, 03:03 PM
Last year the Atlantic champion got a ride in the Mexico race. Is that happening this year or was it dropped in lieu of getting $2,000,000?

Andrew Longman
11-01-06, 03:51 PM
I think the $2M was to replace that, and really its a much better deal. CC teams have seen the Atlantics guys all year. They don't need a showcase, they need funding. And if they are going to drive in Mexico it is far better to do it with a team you'll be driving for to get some testing and team chemistry going that to do it on extra car for a thrown together third team.

With that in mind, at best I could see him driving for TA in whatever extra equipment they have left (which can't be much given their troubles earlier this year). And even then they'd have to come up with the third set of pit equipment and a crew.

Perhaps another team would give them equipment since there is no use for the Lolas after this and if TA is really going to three cars this could be the formation of the new crew. But that might mean keeping them on payroll over the winter and it might not be worth it. That's as optimistic as I dare be.

cameraman
11-01-06, 03:56 PM
Also who is driving the #19? Wirth again or somebody else?

Spicoli
11-01-06, 04:32 PM
Also who is driving the #19? Wirth again or somebody else?

I hope.

Dirty Sanchez
11-01-06, 04:33 PM
I'm surprised Forsythe isn't running him :laugh:

cameraman
11-01-06, 05:32 PM
He was the slowest car out there but he still managed to beat Pizzonia by 20 seconds. At least he managed to finish without throwing off the track (see Legge, Briscoe, Heylen, & Zwolsman).