PDA

View Full Version : Martinez for Forsythe in Mexico

nrc
10-31-06, 09:36 PM
Forsythe Championship Racing is proud to announce that it will field a car for Champ Car Atlantic graduate David Martinez at the upcoming Mexico City Grand Prix on November 10-12, the final event of the year as Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford.

http://admin.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=11032

So much for the "bringing in Rice just for spite" theories. If all they were only looking dump A.J. they could have put Martinez in his seat. Also note that Rice mentioned testing with Tracy so he's getting a serious try-out.

DagoFast
11-01-06, 01:05 AM
IIRC, the story I read said Buddy called PT to tell him GF had offered him a test and Tracy offered to come to the test to help Buddy out any way he could.

OK, begin the Tracy hate......

now.

Spicoli
11-01-06, 08:35 AM
The hidden gem is that Super D, Dick Thimble,Wilkey, BurnoutPaff, IndyCook and the rest of the gomerati are all thrutching in their panties over this one.

"How in the WORLD can Tony let this happen? He's a Galdarnded(sic - Unser) Innie Fie Hunnert Weiner fer chissakes!"

There is panic setting in @ Camp N brew....:shakehead

:tony:

Andrew Longman
11-01-06, 09:09 AM
But there also a fair amount of denial...

Defender:

Let's check the calendar again:

November 1.

A lot can happen between now and March.

I suppose. And a lot needs to be done. Like find about 6 more cars and another 13 by May. Calling PJ Chesson, Marty Roth, Joe Gozak, Steve Kinser, Billy Pauch, etc., etc. Your cars are ready. :rolleyes:

This is going to be very expensive.

KLang
11-01-06, 10:38 AM
Martinez? They were talking Jourdain a few weeks ago. I wonder if Jourdain sent his agent to talk to Forsythe? :laugh:

I'd rather see a younger driver get a shot anyway. :thumbup:

Dirty Sanchez
11-01-06, 10:56 AM
Racing Excellence :laugh: