PDA

View Full Version : Justin Wilson

rabbit
10-31-06, 05:23 PM
Got this email today:

Justin will travel to Mexico City next week with the aim of competing in the Champ Car season finale on 12th November. He sustained a broken scaphoid bone in his right wrist during a pre-qualifying warm-up session in Surfers Paradise. After travelling back to the United States, Justin had surgery in Indianapolis and has now been approved to drive by Dr. Chris Pinderski, Champ Car Medical Director. Although Justin is hopeful of driving the #9 CDW / RuSPORT car on race day, Ulsterman Adam Carroll (http://www.adam-carroll.com/), who competed most recently in GP2 during 2005 and 2006, will be on standby if this isn’t possible.

“Obviously, I am very eager to get back in the car,” said Justin. “I missed not being able to race in Australia and there is nothing I want to do more than drive, but we’ll just have to wait and see how I feel. I’m going to be pushing it as much as I can but also respecting the seriousness of the injury. I don’t want this to drag into next season. I’m looking forward to Mexico City and I know that the worst case scenario is that I can’t drive, but I hope it doesn’t come to that. I want to thank Adam for coming to this final race with RuSPORT in support of me and the rest of the team. He tested well in Sebring and he would be a good addition to the Champ Car series.”

Adam Carroll added, “Of course it would be good for Justin to drive, get more points and possibly overtake 2nd place in the points race, but I look forward to being there in case he can’t. If I do get the chance to drive, I’ll give it my best shot and hope to get a good result. It will be a great opportunity to drive the car but if it doesn’t happen, it is at least a good chance to work with a top Champ Car team like RuSPORT.”

Jeremy Dale, RuSPORT president said, “First off I would like to say thank you to Dr. Chris Pinderski and Dr. Terry Trammell for attending to Justin’s injury on such short notice. As usual, they did a great job working under a tight timeline and preparing him to get back in the #9 CDW car. For a race car driver the worst thing of all is not being able to drive, so giving Justin the opportunity to compete at Mexico City is all that we can ask for. As far as Justin’s ability to do the race on Sunday, we won’t definitively know the answer to that question until we reach Mexico City.”

Spicoli
10-31-06, 05:32 PM
kewl