PDA

View Full Version : Star Racer: Tracy, Legge, Derek Daly...

jonovision_man
10-30-06, 09:40 AM
Anyone else watching this?

Reality show, trying to find a young talented Canadian driver for a Star Mazda seat.

http://discoverychannel.ca/starracer/

The jury is all ChampCar: Tracy, Legge, and Derek Daly. Should be interesting to see the criteria they use to judge. I'd imagine Tracy will be scouting an aggressive loud-mouth, while Legge might be partialled to the pokey but pragmatic type? ;)

Seems like a pretty decent show. They have people from pretty diverse racing backgrounds, karting, cars, bikes, even drag racing. I only saw one episode, it was going through the pre-selection from some karting races and profiling some of the contestants from other disciplines.

Tuesdays at 10pm EST on Discovery Channel in Canada.

jono

Audi_A4
10-30-06, 10:13 AM
i watched a few minutes of it and thought it was really boring and switched to something else.

TravelGal
10-30-06, 04:24 PM
The jury is all ChampCar: Tracy, Legge, and Derek Daly. Should be interesting to see the criteria they use to judge. I'd imagine Tracy will be scouting an aggressive loud-mouth, while Legge might be partialled to the pokey but pragmatic type? ;)

:D

Tuesdays at 10pm EST on Discovery Channel in Canada.

:cry: :irked:

My smilies are my reply.

devilmaster
10-30-06, 04:43 PM
I didn't watch the first episode. Guess i'm still bitter about not being accepted. ;) (actually, i forgot with the world series on)

I'll try and save em up and upload em somewheres so they can be watched.

jonovision_man
10-30-06, 10:09 PM
I didn't watch the first episode. Guess i'm still bitter about not being accepted. ;) (actually, i forgot with the world series on)

I was pulling for your team, sorry it didn't work out!

I'll try and save em up and upload em somewheres so they can be watched.

I'd imagine there's a few ChampCar fans out there who would appreciate it!

You didn't miss much BTW, the first episode didn't have PT, Legge, or Daly... it's the pre-selection stuff. Second episode will probably be more of the same, until they actually get to the segments shot at Mt Tremblant.

jono

devilmaster
11-01-06, 05:00 AM
here's the intro to the karters of the group. Along with the 8 other contestants from other racing disciplines, they will fight it out to win the 1 available seat in star mazda in 2007.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KRT_QE9BaFc

From the little I watched in episode 2, it really feels like the producers watched 'Making the Cut' (a hockey reality show) and cut and pasted it. They didn't need 2 whole episodes to introduce the contestants. Since this is an 8 episode series iirc, that leaves only 6 for the actual challenge. :irked:

jonovision_man
11-01-06, 05:55 PM
here's the intro to the karters of the group. Along with the 8 other contestants from other racing disciplines, they will fight it out to win the 1 available seat in star mazda in 2007.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KRT_QE9BaFc

From the little I watched in episode 2, it really feels like the producers watched 'Making the Cut' (a hockey reality show) and cut and pasted it. They didn't need 2 whole episodes to introduce the contestants. Since this is an 8 episode series iirc, that leaves only 6 for the actual challenge. :irked:

Perfect... it was a 6-day challenge! :)

I didn't watch episode 2 since it looked like a re-hash of episode 1. Looking forward to the rest of it, though.

jono