PDA

View Full Version : Reminder for August 2007

WickerBill
10-29-06, 05:23 PM
I *hate* fantasy football. I hate it! I'm NOT going to play this (2007) season! It ruins my enjoyment of the NFL!!

That is all

nrc
10-29-06, 05:29 PM
I *hate* fantasy football. I hate it! I'm NOT going to play this (2007) season! It ruins my viewing of the NFL!!

That is all

This is why fantasy games should be left to baseball fans. Statistics are boring. The only reason baseball fans enjoy it is because, while it's boring, it's still less boring than the game itself.

devilmaster
10-29-06, 05:46 PM
Song for you WB (http://thefuntimesguide.com/audio/Bud_Light_Real_Men_of_Genius_Mr_Fantasy_Football_M anager.mp3) :D

WickerBill
10-29-06, 06:00 PM
Song for you WB (http://thefuntimesguide.com/audio/Bud_Light_Real_Men_of_Genius_Mr_Fantasy_Football_M anager.mp3) :D

FORBIDDEN!

Sean O'Gorman
10-31-06, 08:11 AM
I don't know who KPH Motorsport is but I finally broke their winning streak! Fantasy football rocks

skaven
11-03-06, 01:52 PM
I gotta ask... I'm in keeper league and drafted Reggie Bush. Would you trade Bush for Addai? This is a keeper league, so I need to think long term.

dando
11-03-06, 01:54 PM
I gotta ask... I'm in keeper league and drafted Reggie Bush. Would you trade Bush for Addai? This is a keeper league, so I need to think long term.

That's a good dillemma. Ask me again after Sunday. :)

IMHO, use Warrick Dunn as the model for what Reggie will do in the NFL.

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-03-06, 02:02 PM

I'd take it, his "all purpose yards" stat is nothing but smoke & mirrors, all that matters is TD's and offensive yards.

He's not going to be the short yardage back, he's just a return man at this point.

Or hold onto it in case deuce gets injured...

skaven
11-03-06, 03:13 PM
Thanks. I knew I could count on you two. How big is Addai, will he get the goalline carries?

If Reggie = Warrick, then I'm not sure he's keeper material as we only get to keep 5 players year to year.

dando
11-03-06, 03:22 PM
Thanks. I knew I could count on you two. How big is Addai, will he get the goalline carries?

If Reggie = Warrick, then I'm not sure he's keeper material as we only get to keep 5 players year to year.

He's like 6' ~220 or so. Comparable to The Edge. Not a bruiser, but in Indy's offense, he'll see some red zone carries. I have him on my ESPN FFL team and he's good for 8-10 points, but not likely this week vs. the Pats.

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-03-06, 03:31 PM
Reggie == Warrick at best...

Reggie == Desmond at worst... :laugh:

Ankf00
11-03-06, 03:32 PM
dp

ferrarigod
11-03-06, 03:40 PM
watch college ball. much easier to gamble on.

Insomniac
11-03-06, 04:23 PM

Try to swing a trade for Maroney. :)

skaven
11-03-06, 05:08 PM
Try to swing a trade for Maroney. :)

Yeah, but then I'd have to root for New England. :p

Ankf00
11-03-06, 05:19 PM
which is why I don't play fantasy. :gomer:

rabbit
11-21-06, 01:07 AM
I'm done. This has been the ****iest fantasy football season ever. :flame:

I am never playing again. :thumdown:

Insomniac
11-21-06, 09:45 AM
I'm done. This has been the ****iest fantasy football season ever. :flame:

I am never playing again. :thumdown:

Hehe, is a guy who has no idea what he's doing winning yours?

rabbit
11-21-06, 10:39 AM
Hehe, is a guy who has no idea what he's doing winning yours?

Not exactly. But every week, whoever I play plays their best game of the year. In a league of 12 teams, with only four making the playoffs, I have the third-highest scoring team, with a big gap back to the fourth-highest scoring team, but I am in seventh place in the Ws and Ls.

This weekend I played the last-place and lowest-scoring team in the league. He was 1-9, averaging just 52 points per week, with a high of 72. So last night, I'm up two points and crossing my fingers as the Jaguars try to run out the clock. The other guy has Scobee for his kicker, so I'm praying for a touchdown (cause, you know, a PAT is one point and FG is three). On fourth-and-half a yard, the Jags decide to go for it. I breath a sigh of relief. Then ****ing Kyle Brady false starts. The refs move them back five yards, Scobee kicks the field goal, and I lose. The guy ends up with 96 points, 24 more than his season high.

Earlier this year, I lost a game by nine points when the Bears' third-string defense gave up a meaningless touchdown with a minute to play in a 40-0 blowout.

Take those two plays away and I am in third place instead of seventh.

WickerBill
11-21-06, 11:32 AM
My 9 starters this week: 59 points
My 7 bench players: 111

It isn't a good sign when, 5 minutes into the first quarter of the first game, your QB is -2, your RB is -2, and a WR on your bench has 34.

rabbit
11-21-06, 11:35 AM
My 9 starters this week: 59 points
My 7 bench players: 111

It isn't a good sign when, 5 minutes into the first quarter of the first game, your QB is -2, your RB is -2, and a WR on your bench has 34.

Ouch. :irked:

Wheel-Nut
11-21-06, 11:43 AM
I have LaDanian Tomlinson and Drew Brees. I have already wrapped up the first round bye in the playoffs with two regular season games to go. :thumbup: At worst I'm playing for 3rd place in the league, something like $250 going to 3rd. I'm liking this year. :thumbup:

rabbit
11-21-06, 11:48 AM
Last week I had a 117-117 tie, until Carson Palmer's stats were adjusted on Thursday and a sack was added, giving me a 117-116 win. So I guess it goes both ways...

Sean O'Gorman
11-21-06, 07:00 PM
I like how I clinched a spot in the OC league with a 6-5 record and three games left.

In one of my other leagues I've scored the second most points in the league, but have the worst record. In a league that Stu set up (I think), I'm one of the lower scoring teams but I'm holding down third spot in a league that only sends four to the playoffs. Go figure.