PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP Championship Spoiler

The Doctor
10-29-06, 10:28 AM
If you don't want to know, don't read this:

And I didn't want to know either, but it was on espn.com this morning so I learned of the results before I got to see the race.

WORLD CHAMPION NICKY HAYDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

It was a good battle between my two favorite riders, but it was great to hear that Hayden outlasted The Doctor. Rossi made a rare mistake at the beginning of the race, tucking the front and sliding into the gravel. He picked the bike up but apparently finished somewhere around 13th or 14th, while Nicky finished on the podium behind what appears to be Troy Bayliss as the super-sub for Ducati and the race winner and Capirex in second.

Spicoli
10-29-06, 04:01 PM
star maxda still on.....:rolleyes:

Spicoli
10-29-06, 04:43 PM
Valentino down and gone. :thumbup:

great racing as usual

spinner26
10-29-06, 05:21 PM
Whoraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa1 For The Kentucky Kid!:thumbup: :D

Fried
10-29-06, 05:56 PM
rossi you tosser.:laugh: good on ya.:thumbup:

nicky hayden, 2006 champeean...:thumbup: :D

ducati, it's not too late to cut stoner and re-enlist bayliss for '07.

RichK
10-29-06, 07:06 PM
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2006/mgp/valencia/2/1.jpg
superbikeplanet.com (http://www.superbikeplanet.com)

Spicoli
10-29-06, 07:19 PM
pretty fookin kewl. :thumbup:

extramundane
10-29-06, 07:32 PM
So when's Nicky going to NASCAR? :gomer:

:runsandhides:

oddlycalm
10-29-06, 07:51 PM
Nicky certainly deserves the title after spending the season stuck on the development bike. He might have had another win or two had they put their best sled underneath him, but no matter now I guess. I hope he makes Pedrosa look silly next season, but I fear Honda may stack the deck against him.

Big day for Bayliss and Ducati as well. How great it must feel to wrap up the World Superbike title and then come win the final MotoGP race of the season and the final race the liter bikes will appear in. :thumbup:

oc

eiregosod
10-29-06, 08:10 PM
Nicky certainly deserves the title after spending the season stuck on the development bike. He might have had another win or two had they put their best sled underneath him, but no matter now I guess. I hope he makes Pedrosa look silly next season, but I fear Honda may stack the deck against him.

Big day for Bayliss and Ducati as well. How great it must feel to wrap up the World Superbike title and then come win the final MotoGP race of the season and the final race the liter bikes will appear in. :thumbup:

oc

Espana, for such a strong motorbike racing tradition, has had only 1 world champion in the past 15 years, Criville.

The 2007 championship just got interesting., especially since Rossi is not the world champion.

Bayliss made the motogp guys look ordinary. And Ilmor had a good run with their 2007 machine too.

Wally
10-29-06, 08:22 PM
Congrats to Nicky......:thumbup:

DagoFast
10-29-06, 09:07 PM
Quite an upset! I never would have envisioned that scenario in a hundred years.
Congrats to Nicky! :thumbup:

The level of competition is extraordinary. Now the new 800cc bikes come in to it. Young riders like Stoner and Pedrosa with a year under their belts and a now mortal Valentino Rossi with something to prove.
Next year can't come soon enough.

RusH
10-29-06, 10:50 PM
Drama till the last race. Congrats to Nicky.:thumbup:
I`m getting a Motogp.com sub for next year to watch them all live.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/dfabi/F1/2006champ.jpg

spinner26
10-29-06, 11:55 PM
I like the kid, I like his demeanor, I like his drive but doesn't it always seem as though he's on something? I have NEVER seen someone so just strung out looking and acting in all my life.

Stone cold sober and relaxed in front of a camera he shakes and twitches, maybe it's anxiety or something who knows?

Good day to be a native Kentuckian.:cool:

High Sided
11-01-06, 12:15 PM
kudo's to papa hayden for supporting his boys! 15yrs ago the hayden boys on 250's, 125's were just amazing. now i can brag i raced against a world champion granted he was like 15 at the time

G.
11-01-06, 12:24 PM
kudo's to papa hayden for supporting his boys! 15yrs ago the hayden boys on 250's, 125's were just amazing. now i can brag i raced against a world champion granted he was like 15 at the timeCan't brag unless you beat him!;)

Needs to be said again: MotoGP had the best racing of any form the last 2 seasons. And I'm not a bike fan. Well, I guess I am now.:thumbup:

High Sided
11-01-06, 03:07 PM
Can't brag unless you beat him!;)

ok, guess i'll brag about how a 15yr old future world gp champion easily kicked my asssss:p

oddlycalm
11-22-06, 08:44 PM
Amazing stuff. The kid won the title riding with a broken wing courtesy of that insect Pedrosa.
Nick Won The World Championship With a Broken Shoulder (http://superbikeplanet.com/2006/Nov/061120a4.htm)

oc

spinner26
11-22-06, 09:24 PM
Amazing stuff. The kid won the title riding with a broken wing courtesy of that insect Pedrosa.
Nick Won The World Championship With a Broken Shoulder (http://superbikeplanet.com/2006/Nov/061120a4.htm)

oc

All the more sweeter.:thumbup:

emjaya
11-23-06, 08:23 AM
Tough little buggers, aren't they. :eek:

I hope Hayden squashes the insect next year. :)

oddlycalm
11-24-06, 08:11 PM
I hope Hayden squashes the insect next year. :) So do I, but I don't trust Honda or the Repsol team to deal him a fair hand. Makes no sense, but that's the way it is.:shakehead

oc

emjaya
11-24-06, 11:31 PM
He needs some US corparations and their dollars to get behind him.And to get out of the Repsol team and to one built around him as number 1.

You should start writing letters to some big companies.I would, but I've got my hands full trying to support Casey Stoner.:D