PDA

View Full Version : PT On PT Staying

NismoZ
10-27-06, 01:19 PM
Maybe it was his only realistic move but it sure LOOKS like loyalty and I think that's the way it will be perceived. Fine by me. Neat quotes over ar AR1 have Tracy praising CC, thanking friends at NASCAR and wishing AJ success but saying CC is where he'll be in '07....no other plans.:thumbup:

cameraman
10-27-06, 01:29 PM
You can read the entire press release here for free (http://www.pmifirm.com/news/2006/102706.html).

Insomniac
10-28-06, 05:12 PM
"I've really only been with three teams (Penske, Barry Green, Forsythe and one year with Newman/Haas) in 15 years, and Gerry has really been good to me," continued the 2003 CART champion, who has a contract with the Chicago industrialist as long as he wants to drive.

"The only thing I can compare it to is Rick Mears and (Roger) Penske because, when I'm done driving, Gerry is the type of guy who will find something else for me to do and there's not that kind of loyalty in this sport anymore."

Despite his 30 wins, P.T. has been shut out of victory lane in '06 going into next month's finale at Mexico City. He's still quick in a young man's arena, but some brain fades and a couple bad breaks have left him fifth in the point standings.

"I didn't win in 1998 with Green and came back strong in 1999 and, other than winning Milwaukee and the Indy 500, I didn't do much in 2002 and came back to win the title in 2003, so I'm not concerned," he said.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/33663/

TKGAngel
10-28-06, 06:55 PM
Ver interesting comments from PT about Dinger...

"I just think he handled everything kind of poorly with Gerry about leaving. He's just a kid, and when he started having success those management vultures got their hooks in him and he changed quite a bit the past couple months."

Spicoli
10-28-06, 07:07 PM
Well duh. PT just being PT.

AJA's in for a rude awakening......

cart7
10-28-06, 07:57 PM
He had a pretty neato crash today. Hope it's not the first of many but.......

Joelski
10-28-06, 08:20 PM
Probably take 4 more to even the score. Karma wants her due.

Wabbit
10-28-06, 09:37 PM
"other than winning Milwaukee and the Indy 500"

:rofl: :thumbup: :rofl: :D

racer2c
10-28-06, 09:47 PM
Flashy newcomer A.J. Allmendinger, trying out in NASCAR after a successful career in Champ Car, did not last long. He qualified second but spun in the slipstream when Benson passed him on Lap 13. His Truck was ruined and he finished 34th.

He's already marked by the media. Have at it AJ.:rofl: