PDA

View Full Version : toyota needs time, will they have it

trauma1
10-27-06, 12:40 PM
http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061025/COLUMNISTS0303/610250392/1062/SPORTS/

Chief
10-27-06, 01:26 PM
That boy's got some redneck charm, ricebeaters and good 'ol boys all mixed up together.

oddlycalm
10-28-06, 05:47 PM
And here is exactly why I've posted that I think AJA has made a sucker move in other threads. I've seen what Toyota does in other series it enters. It hires some decent talent to be development mules, then it forgets their names when Toyoda thinks the program is ready win. Being cannon fodder in a poorly conceived campaign isn't something I'd wish on a kid like AJA.

Surely Toyota will take its lumps. And the beatings may be absorbed through the duration of the tenure of the first generation of drivers -- Waltrip, Jarrett, Reutimann, Allmendinger, Vickers, Blaney and Mayfield -- before a second generation of more talented drivers is able to work out all the kinks and finally find victory lane.

oc

cart7
10-28-06, 08:04 PM
Mr. Wells and Mr. Gurney would be happy to tell you how they nursed grenading Toyotas around the CART series for a few years till they got the bugs out and then yoda bugged out to greener pastures of Floyds world.

eiregosod
10-28-06, 08:41 PM
Mr. Wells and Mr. Gurney would be happy to tell you how they nursed grenading Toyotas around the CART series for a few years till they got the bugs out and then yoda bugged out to greener pastures of Floyds world.

thanks for reminding me that Toyota really were terrible 10 years ago. I don't think much has changed, they've already spent a billion dollars on F1.

DagoFast
10-28-06, 09:25 PM
If you bring F1 in to it, Besides DaMatta, you can ask Allan McNish, Mika Salo, Ricardo Zonta and Oliver Panis how they liked getting shoved out the door to make room for Ralfie.

'Lil Shu *is* a perfect fit. Lotsa money, large name, lousy results. They're made for each other.