PDA

View Full Version : Soal Patch to FCR

trauma1
10-26-06, 11:46 AM
soal patch buddy rice got the drive GF dumped AJ. Jourdain in 3rd FCR in Mexco

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/33628/

Despite being groomed for a Champ Car ride, Buddy Rice never got the opportunity to race in that series after winning the Toyota Atlantic title.

But, next month in Mexico City, he'll finally get a shot.

SPEED has learned that the 2004 Indianapolis 500 winner has been tabbed by Gerry Forsythe to replace A.J. Allmendinger in the Champ Car season finale Nov. 12 at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez.

Allmendinger announced earlier this week he was leaving Champ Car for NASCAR next year and Forsythe decided to look for the future.

Cam
10-26-06, 11:50 AM
No mention of this at gomerville yet. The spin that gets put on this should be fun to watch! :D

Dirty Sanchez
10-26-06, 11:52 AM
wtg hairhelmet :gomer:

trauma1
10-26-06, 11:56 AM
No mention of this at gomerville yet. The spin that gets put on this should be fun to watch! :D

oh god it will be a classic:rofl: :laugh:

KLang
10-26-06, 11:57 AM
Another interesting tidbit:

We'll test him next week and we might also run a third car for Michel Jourdain.

I wonder if we will see anymore one-offs in Mexico City?

Edit:
Hey, I guess this means AJ got fired from two different team this season. :laugh:

trauma1
10-26-06, 12:08 PM
does anyone know if buddy still has rb as a sponsor???

theunions
10-26-06, 12:20 PM
does anyone know if buddy still has rb as a sponsor???

I believe so.

When I saw the thread title, I was almost afraid to see Hornish's name. :p

trauma1
10-26-06, 12:20 PM
spyplane is reporting that AJ's management still thinks AJ will be racing in Mexico City. This could could get interesting fast. Jakoby might want to learn to read, someone send him the Speed link:rofl:

TKGAngel
10-26-06, 12:30 PM
Crikey, is this racing or "As the Wheel Turns?"

Has a driver ever been fired from two teams in one season before?

trauma1
10-26-06, 12:35 PM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55432

Stupid mario this year fired from FCR and coyne

AJA who's car , nimrod:shakehead

SteveH
10-26-06, 12:42 PM
^
I'd like nothing better than to run that new Champ Car next year."

ouch :D :thumbup:

I guess he does know what Indy means. :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
10-26-06, 12:49 PM
When I saw the thread title, I was almost afraid to see Hornish's name. :pI was thinking Mazzacane. Forsythe will never fail to disappoint. :thumdown: :tony:

Dirty Sanchez
10-26-06, 12:56 PM
pretty sad when you'd sacrifice your best chance at winning the race in favor of getting back at a guy for not signing your bad deal.

"I'll show him by finishing outside the top ten with both of my cars"

related to :tony:

trauma1
10-26-06, 12:56 PM
I was thinking Mazzacane. Forsythe will never fail to disappoint. :thumdown: :tony:

ok indycool

Ed_Severson
10-26-06, 01:06 PM
pretty said when you'd sacrifice your best chance at winning the race in favor of getting back at a guy for not signing your bad deal.

Hey, maybe it seems petulant on Forsythe's part, but I'm not sure I would do anything different if I was in Forsythe's position. Allmendinger had a pretty sweet deal at RuSport, pissed it away with his poor attitude, and ended up out on his ear. Forsythe bailed him out and kept him in a race seat.

I don't think it's the fact that Allmendinger refused to sign that has Forsythe hacked off; I think it's the way Allmendinger has behaved throughout the process. He comes off looking pretty ungrateful because of the way he's handled this.

Now, Buddy Rice ... huh? Really? But, whoever it was, I'd have had somebody else in that seat too.

Dirty Sanchez
10-26-06, 01:16 PM
meh... it is possible to be grateful without signing a bad deal. if I'd consistently outperformed my overpaid teammate, I would demand as much if not more than him. that's not being ungrateful... that's just the reality of the business. the loyalty in racing schtick doesn't play man.

racer2c
10-26-06, 01:19 PM
Hey, maybe it seems petulant on Forsythe's part, but I'm not sure I would do anything different if I was in Forsythe's position. Allmendinger had a pretty sweet deal at RuSport, pissed it away with his poor attitude, and ended up out on his ear. Forsythe bailed him out and kept him in a race seat.

I don't think it's the fact that Allmendinger refused to sign that has Forsythe hacked off; I think it's the way Allmendinger has behaved throughout the process. He comes off looking pretty ungrateful because of the way he's handled this.

Now, Buddy Rice ... huh? Really? But, whoever it was, I'd have had somebody else in that seat too.

Why do you have to tear AJ to shreds like that? Have you no heart man?;)

racer2c
10-26-06, 01:21 PM
Buddy Rice = Indy 500 winner, American coming to Champ Car...hmmm, I guess he's hoping for a NASCAR ride and suitcases full of o' money too.

SAdair
10-26-06, 01:40 PM
Give Forsythe credit. He has the balls to do what others only talk about. :thumbup: :cool:

However, I do think that there are a few better choices out there besides Buddy Rice. :shakehead

G.
10-26-06, 01:43 PM
Wanna know what's sad?:shakehead

I had forgotten that he won the 500.

Thanks, Tony!:flame:

Andrew Longman
10-26-06, 01:57 PM
pretty sad when you'd sacrifice your best chance at winning the race in favor of getting back at a guy for not signing your bad deal.

"I'll show him by finishing outside the top ten with both of my cars"

related to :tony:

He may be looking at how he can more races next year. And do it with a former Atlantics champ who is an American and former I500 winner (but which no longer means he is a household name).

Except for the I500 part, that exactly how they say they want to grow the series

Dirty Sanchez
10-26-06, 01:58 PM
there's this thing called testing.

Andrew Longman
10-26-06, 02:04 PM
there's this thing called testing.

True.

It doesn't tell as much how he'll work with the team on a race weekend. Its done because race dates are usually too precious to spend testing. And testing cost money.

Granted he may be effectively conceding the race, but then AJ won in his first outing to FCR didn't he?

Spicoli
10-26-06, 03:35 PM
mr. burnout/mrs. paff is having some critical issues at turd-for-ummmmmmm.:laugh:

:gomer:

i still no liley stoopid soul patchee, but this is money. :p

RHR_Fan
10-26-06, 03:50 PM
Wow, talk about a surprise! I don't think any of us would have assumed Buddy Rice...

~Nicole

NismoZ
10-26-06, 05:02 PM
Rice? Jourdain? 3rd car? All sounds good to me. I posted from Denver even before his test drive that if the test went well and the title was already decided Rahal would be in a 3rd car for N/H in Mexico. Hope we hear about that soon, too.

Spicoli
10-26-06, 05:20 PM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/ask/images/brice-100.jpg

http://www.lucidcafe.com/library/96jun/96jungifs/stan2.gif

Insomniac
10-26-06, 05:41 PM
spyplane is reporting that AJ's management still thinks AJ will be racing in Mexico City. This could could get interesting fast. Jakoby might want to learn to read, someone send him the Speed link:rofl:

He won't be driving a ChampCar unless GF lets him. He might be banned from other things depending on what his contract says. GF can pay him to stay home and there's nothing he can do about it.