PDA

View Full Version : Bourdais...No NASCAR...For Now

racer2c
10-25-06, 03:16 PM
My god, how f'n in vogue is it to have Champ Car drivers talking about NASCAR aspirations.:yuck:

Between racing 36 weeks a year in NASCAR or spending quality time with expecting wife Claire, Bourdais seems inclined to choose the latter...

Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/33612/)

theunions
10-25-06, 03:20 PM
To be fair, it was multiple callers on today's teleconference, not SeaBass himself, who kept bringing up NASCAR, IROC, AJ's departure, etc. All the quotes in this article are from that.

racer2c
10-25-06, 03:30 PM
To be fair, it was multiple callers on today's teleconference, not SeaBass himself, who kept bringing up NASCAR, IROC, AJ's departure, etc. All the quotes in this article are from that.

Yeah, I'm not blaming SB, but rather the media for insisting on trying to connect any 'player' to the NASCAR world. Nelson's next.

trauma1
10-25-06, 03:31 PM
Cassio cut and paste Cortes, stole it from a teleconfrence seabass was asked about aj leaving and his plans, seabass wtill wants a f1 ride however happy to be in CC

Q. Are you talking to anyone in Formula 1, most notably of course, Renault, or is your ambition a fourth championship in Champ Car?

SEBASTIEN BOURDAIS: Well, I think there's two questions in there. Am I still interested in Formula 1? Yes, of course. My goals and targets have always been the same since I started racing a long time ago, to try to be successful in Formula 1. Now, I think I've got to be a little realistic about it. We've had a lot of talks over the summer. From what I can get from all of the good teams, the ones that don't ask for some money, whereas it's no guarantee for the future, that is something that I can't accept. Because I can't give up what I've got without any kind of guarantees and throw everything away which is something that took me quite some time to get to. I don't underestimate what I've got here in the U.S. and especially in Champ Car.

So in many ways, I had a two‑year contract with Newman/Haas, so 2007 is going to be here and I'll definitely be back and my goal will be to try to make it four.

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=43970

theunions
10-25-06, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I'm not blaming SB, but rather the media for insisting on trying to connect any 'player' to the NASCAR world. Nelson's next.

MarkC has him quoted as saying earlier in Surfer's weekend he may have to look at ARCA for next year if he can't find funding. :rofl:

Spicoli
10-25-06, 04:37 PM
wgaf?:gomer:

diamond dave
10-25-06, 07:48 PM
MarkC has him quoted as saying earlier in Surfer's weekend he may have to look at ARCA for next year if he can't find funding. :rofl:

I think that was a Phillipe quote

Spicoli
10-25-06, 10:19 PM
I think that was a Phillipe quote

hatin on Nelson, huh?:laugh:

Easy
10-26-06, 12:01 PM
trying to connect any 'player' to the NASCAR world. Nelson's next.

:rofl: :rofl: