PDA

View Full Version : PT on AJ bailing

trauma1
10-25-06, 10:53 AM
predicted the team would tab a veteran driver to partner with the 23-year-old Vickers. Because the team is starting from scratch and won't have any owner points at the start of the 2007 season, both cars theoretically could miss the season-opening Daytona 500.

Allmendinger's move to NASCAR is also a blow to the struggling Champ Car series. He was one of the budding stars of the open-wheel series, and its only American driver. Team owner Jerry Forsythe had offered Allmendinger a multiyear contract extension with a sizable raise and options, but the driver is believed to have received considerably more guaranteed money from Red Bull officials.

``To me, it's good and it's bad,'' said Paul Tracy, Allmendinger's teammate with Forsythe Championship Racing and a longtime mentor who first worked with him in go-karts.

``I know Jerry is upset over it. He kind of bailed A.J. out when he was jobless and he's hurt about the way everything was handled by A.J.'s new management team.''

Tracy, one of several Champ Car drivers who have ventured into NASCAR with only limited success, said he wishes Allmendinger well in his new ride.

``I wish him luck,'' said the former series champion. ``I hope he succeeds. He certainly has the desire and ability to be a success there. And Champ Car is going to survive without him. We've had guys come and go before, and the series has a lot of good, young drivers, like Graham Rahal and (Simon) Pagenaud coming up from Atlantics next year.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;...nascar-toyota-

Insomniac
10-25-06, 12:35 PM
``I know Jerry is upset over it. He kind of bailed A.J. out when he was jobless and he's hurt about the way everything was handled by A.J.'s new management team.''

That's about how I'd expect GF to feel. At the same time, AJ brought those wins to FCR. You both helped each other. The prospects for both sides may've been different if AJ ended up at Coyne and Mario finished the season at FCR.

racer2c
10-25-06, 12:44 PM
I have a feeling that AJ was going to NASCAR no matter what.

Toyota, Red Bull, new agent, fiancee' all telling him NASCAR is "where it's at". 9 mill for his first three years...ok, add about 50 mill more for a 15+ year tin top career. Those Cup guys have money coming out of their ears and you don't even have to win!

It's racings equivalent to winning the lottery.

theunions
10-25-06, 12:47 PM
And now, AJ will get that personal plane before his mentor. Ouch!

TKGAngel
10-25-06, 01:03 PM

JMO, but I think PT's complaining about the plane is for show.

Not to be a PT cheerleader, but when you compare his accomplishments and notoriety in racing (all forms) against Dinger's, PT's going to come out ahead 99% of the time.

trauma1
10-25-06, 01:15 PM
should make him run mexico in an old reynard:rofl:

but if you look at his agents track record jakoby he goes for the big buck and the yen, when i heard his agents name i had a real bad feeling:shakehead

oddlycalm
10-25-06, 04:31 PM
It all boils down to whether a person is shallow enough to buy into the commercial aspects as being most important. You have to spend a lot of time with the people you end up working with, and if you want them to be sports agents, sycophants and land sharks, then go for it. If you want to slide around in 3500lb. boat anchors with engines and chassis right out of 1965, go for it.

oc

racer2c
10-25-06, 04:35 PM
It all boils down to whether a person is shallow enough to buy into the commercial aspects as being most important. You have to spend a lot of time with the people you end up working with, and if you want them to be sports agents, sycophants and land sharks, then go for it. If you want to slide around in 3500lb. boat anchors with engines and chassis right out of 1965, go for it.

oc

He needs to pay for the rock on his bride to be's finger. ;)

Insomniac
10-25-06, 05:34 PM

3 months salary just got a lot bigger!

TurboV8
10-25-06, 05:52 PM

F AJ!!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n167/alexzanardi/Road%20America%202006/image_109721201200610114435.jpg

Saw the ring at Road America and it wasn't very impressive. Not even platinum (Out of AJ's mouth).

Miss Molson Indy is going to cost AJ a lot more than that ring!!

:rofl:

A new star will be born to Champ Car next year!:cool:

grungex
10-25-06, 06:07 PM
3 months salary just got a lot bigger!
Is that the going rate for an engagement these days? Gross salary or takehome?

Spicoli
10-25-06, 06:11 PM

depends on what comes with it. :D

:cheesyrockbytheway:

Jayblues
10-25-06, 06:15 PM
you guys are brutal - this has nothing to do with his wife (future) ; it has everything with his life and making sure he takes care of things. who wouldnt want to make sure that there family is taken care of for perpetuity, especially where life could be over in a split second?

oddlycalm
10-25-06, 06:43 PM
He needs to pay for the rock on his bride to be's finger. ;) Problem is, with a fat contract and notoriety come the temptation to trade-up and AJ has shown he's a trade-up kinda guy. How long until he trades up for the big haired bimbo and builds the McMansion? How long until he figures out he's miserable racing 36 mostly forgettable events every year for people he wouldn't speak to on the street, along with a zillion promotional appearances, and he wishes he was back racing karts?

Meanwhile the "management team," will have sucked the flesh right off his bones in management, legal and accounting fees and the probability is high he'll have alimony and child support into the mix. Sometimes less is more.

oc

coolhand
10-25-06, 07:58 PM
I remember when all of you guys were saying "FRusso"

Audi_A4
10-25-06, 09:16 PM
guys give AJ a break. Open Wheel racing in going nowhere as long as their is a split. He went after the money and racing is a business. AJ is not the first driver and certainly wont be the last to follow the $$$.

Ruben Barrios
10-25-06, 10:05 PM
With Mario's second place in OZ land... i guess JF is hitting himself on the head right about now....

racer2c
10-25-06, 10:10 PM
guys give AJ a break. Open Wheel racing in going nowhere as long as their is a split. He went after the money and racing is a business. AJ is not the first driver and certainly wont be the last to follow the $$$.

I honestly don't know why he deserves any leniency. He used the generosity of Gerry and Gerry's top level car to make a quick name and then he bolted at the first sign of big dollar signs and promises of being the next Jeff Gordon. Then, after a few years of saying how much he loved Champ Car and how he'd never stop until he won a championship he splits to NASCAR of all places. Hell, at least go UP to F1 kid.

He owes Carl Russo at least half of his first three years of NASCAR and GF the rest. If Carl hadn't fired him, he'd still be fighting for fourth place every race.

Yes, Tony George and his tantrum f'd a lot up but AJ deserves a few boo's from the CCWS fans for sure. No doubt.

nrc
10-25-06, 10:19 PM
I remember when all of you guys were saying "FRusso"

I think Russo's move was stupid and misguided. I said it then and I think the results of the two teams demonstrates that it was true. If that's "FRusso" then "FRusso".

Spicoli
10-25-06, 10:22 PM
guys give AJ a break. Open Wheel racing in going nowhere as long as their is a split.[QUOTE]

Bullsheit.

[QUOTE=Audi_A4;173927]He went after the money and racing is a business. AJ is not the first driver and certainly wont be the last to follow the $$$.

dribers are whores. you are correct.

but AJA is on thin ice early. just watch.:gomer:

Cam
10-25-06, 10:24 PM
He owes Carl Russo at least half of his first three years of NASCAR and GF the rest. If Carl hadn't fired him, he'd still be fighting for fourth place every race.

I agree here. However if you want loyalty as 'bird said Get a dog. Its an unfortunate fact...

racer2c
10-25-06, 10:31 PM
I agree here. However if you want loyalty as 'bird said Get a dog. Its an unfortunate fact...

I'm not concerend about loyalty. The driver is an employee just like the left front tire changer and if the left front tire changer takes a job for Penske over in the IRL for double the money...so be it. It's the way AJ pulled this that rubs the wrong way.

And as much as I respect 'bird, I own a dog and I'd never let her drive in NASCAR.;)

nrc
10-25-06, 10:34 PM
Funny thing is that GF kind of gave him a lovely parting gift by throwing around big numbers on his contract. AJ could have snuck into trucks and maybe could have been personable enough not to get the "outsider" treatment. Now to some he'll be a snot-nosed millionaire who never paid his dues in Neckar.

coolhand
10-25-06, 10:47 PM
I think Russo's move was stupid and misguided. I said it then and I think the results of the two teams demonstrates that it was true. If that's "FRusso" then "FRusso".

Maybe he felt that the kid he dumped alot of money into was just using him to climb the ladder.

KLang
10-26-06, 06:48 AM

I'm starting to wonder if the Nascar move has been in the works for a while and Russo got wind of it and canned him. Russo never really gave much of an explaination.

extramundane
10-26-06, 07:31 AM
With Mario's second place in OZ land... i guess JF is hitting himself on the head right about now....

He traded a doofus who f'd up a lot for a doofus who won a lot. Had he stuck w/ Dumbinguez, he'd still likely have cut him at season's end, which means he'd be in exactly the same place he is now, just with a lot fewer wins and a lot more torn up equipment.

I doubt Gerry's losing too much sleep over Mario.

Insomniac
10-26-06, 08:20 AM

That's what de Beers says on their TV commercials. They never clarified gross or after taxes, insurance, 401(k)... :)

trauma1
10-26-06, 08:21 AM
He traded a doofus who f'd up a lot for a doofus who won a lot. Had he stuck w/ Dumbinguez, he'd still likely have cut him at season's end, which means he'd be in exactly the same place he is now, just with a lot fewer wins and a lot more torn up equipment.

I doubt Gerry's losing too much sleep over Mario.

which is why i lmao when i hear the cheerleading for an atlantic driver to get the seat, PT has had to put up with lavin, stupid mario and aj, GF is not going to put another driver that he's needs to babysit

Insomniac
10-26-06, 08:25 AM
I honestly don't know why he deserves any leniency. He used the generosity of Gerry and Gerry's top level car to make a quick name and then he bolted at the first sign of big dollar signs and promises of being the next Jeff Gordon. Then, after a few years of saying how much he loved Champ Car and how he'd never stop until he won a championship he splits to NASCAR of all places. Hell, at least go UP to F1 kid.

Yes, Tony George and his tantrum f'd a lot up but AJ deserves a few boo's from the CCWS fans for sure. No doubt.

It's kind of typical for this to happen. Someone leaves and they get ripped to shreds. I understand it from people who never liked him, it's there chance to show they knew all along, but people turned on him so fast. He left for $$$, move on. Do you really need to rip him apart? His fiancee too? What happened to all the complimentary things said about her when they got engaged?

Insomniac
10-26-06, 08:27 AM
I'm not concerend about loyalty. The driver is an employee just like the left front tire changer and if the left front tire changer takes a job for Penske over in the IRL for double the money...so be it. It's the way AJ pulled this that rubs the wrong way.

And how could've AJ left for more money so it wouldn't have been bad?

Insomniac
10-26-06, 08:28 AM
I'm starting to wonder if the Nascar move has been in the works for a while and Russo got wind of it and canned him. Russo never really gave much of an explaination.

I don't think AJ's deal with Russo was up at the end of the year. Heck, he didn't even have an agent until he was fired.

Insomniac
10-26-06, 08:29 AM
which is why i lmao when i hear the cheerleading for an atlantic driver to get the seat, PT has had to put up with lavin, stupid mario and aj, GF is not going to put another driver that he's needs to babysit

I seriously doubt PT was babysitting AJ. He had someone faster than him that he needed to learn to keep up with. That was good for PT.

nrc
10-26-06, 08:59 AM
It's kind of typical for this to happen. Someone leaves and they get ripped to shreds.
If they want loyalty they should buy a dog.

racer2c
10-26-06, 09:17 AM
It's kind of typical for this to happen. Someone leaves and they get ripped to shreds. I understand it from people who never liked him, it's there chance to show they knew all along, but people turned on him so fast. He left for $$$, move on. Do you really need to rip him apart? His fiancee too? What happened to all the complimentary things said about her when they got engaged?

it's cuz she is hot dood. Duh.

Oh, and who's "ripping him to shreds"? A few boos and hisses is all I've seen on this board, which he deserves.

???????????

JohnHKart
10-26-06, 01:09 PM
That's his fiance?????????????? That looks like his mom. There was an article about current girlfriend wives of F1 stars and they all looked pretty plain with a couple of exceptions What is going on here???? What happened to the days when the chicks were smoking hot?

John

Ankf00
10-26-06, 01:40 PM

Charlie can't drive a car though :\

Audi_A4
10-26-06, 01:46 PM
That's his fiance?????????????? That looks like his mom. There was an article about current girlfriend wives of F1 stars and they all looked pretty plain with a couple of exceptions What is going on here???? What happened to the days when the chicks were smoking hot?

John

The drivers only make a couple of hundred grand a year, not millions. :-) the hotness follows the money :tony:

Insomniac
10-26-06, 05:21 PM

I'm not saying anyone is being disloyal. It just seems like people turn vicious. No one has to follow AJ to NASCAR or even wish him well. It's just how fast people decide he never had any talent, no one needed him and now somehow his fiancee gets dragged into it all too.

Insomniac
10-26-06, 05:26 PM
it's cuz she is hot dood. Duh.

Oh, and who's "ripping him to shreds"? A few boos and hisses is all I've seen on this board, which he deserves.

???????????

I mean collectively, AJ went from threads/posts that were glad to have him, how good he was, etc. to the majority of current posts in various threads proclaiming things that were never proclaimed before. People are free to say whatever they want, to me, it seems over the top. I doubt they care what you say about them, but to, it comes across as sour grapes and vicious. You don't have to agree with me.

NismoZ
10-26-06, 05:40 PM
It IS the internet, afterall. GF's decision to replace AJ for Mexico was a no brainer though, and there was nothing vicious or vindictive about that. Business. Take care of the team. Move on. Read some of those 103 posts from "AJ's Agent" back on the 16th. Reality bites sometimes, doesn't it? Forsythe moving quickly to get Rice and maybe even run a 3rd car for Jourdain in MEXICO is good for his team, good for ChampCar and good for the promoter of a Mexican race. Who is that again?;)

racer2c
10-26-06, 05:40 PM
I mean collectively, AJ went from threads/posts that were glad to have him, how good he was, etc. to the majority of current posts in various threads proclaiming things that were never proclaimed before. People are free to say whatever they want, to me, it seems over the top. I doubt they care what you say about them, but to, it comes across as sour grapes and vicious. You don't have to agree with me.

And I was actually restraining myself. :D

theunions
10-26-06, 05:58 PM

There are "other" less motherly-looking (and not work-friendly) photos of her on the Innerweb. ;)

racer2c
10-26-06, 06:02 PM
There are "other" less motherly-looking (and not work-friendly) photos of her on the Innerweb. ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

NASCAR won't approve.

JohnHKart
10-26-06, 06:12 PM
The drivers only make a couple of hundred grand a year, not millions. :-) the hotness follows the money :tony:

I think you have a point. Flavio's latest looks totally smoking hot in my book whereas 90 percent of the driver's women were very plain.

JH

racer2c
10-26-06, 06:23 PM

She gots the nudies pics on the interwebs and snagged a young race car driver that took the money and followed the shiney lights.

This chick has t&a AND brains!

:cool:

TurboV8
10-26-06, 07:05 PM
Look here http://www.lynnekush.com

Not one pic of Dinger but a lot of her with MD and Bruno (only time I ever saw Bruno with a girl other than his sister :eek: )

racer2c
10-26-06, 07:51 PM
Look here http://www.lynnekush.com

Not one pic of Dinger but a lot of her with MD and Bruno (only time I ever saw Bruno with a girl other than his sister :eek: )

She left the 'real' ones off. But then if she had them, she'd charge ya ta see 'em and then it's be a different sort of webpage. :)

Insomniac
10-26-06, 09:02 PM
And I was actually restraining myself. :D

Although I probably replied/quoted to your post, what I said really wasn't meant for you specifically. I meant it as a general statement.

racer2c
10-26-06, 09:07 PM
Although I probably replied/quoted to your post, what I said really wasn't meant for you specifically. I meant it as a general statement.

Ah. I have this self centered complex I'm dealing with.:)

emjaya
10-26-06, 10:33 PM
I think you have a point. Flavio's latest looks totally smoking hot in my book whereas 90 percent of the driver's women were very plain.

JH

Nelsonmania hears you, meet the latest future Mrs Philippe. :D

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2006/By400/20061020P_0123.jpg

racer2c
10-26-06, 10:39 PM

Let's hope she's never heard of NASCAR.:)

G.
10-26-06, 11:14 PM
She gots the nudies pics on the interwebs and snagged a young race car driver that took the money and followed the shiney lights.

This chick has t&a AND brains!

:cool:
In 1997, I graduated from Birchmount Park Collegiate in Scarborough as Student Council President. I attended the University of Toronto Scarborough Campus from 1997 to 2001. I completed my Honours Bachelors of Science Degree majoring in Neuroscience and graduated from UofT as the class of 2001. I was accepted into the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC) immediately upon my university graduation. I recently graduated a four year Doctor of Chiropractic program in the class of 2005 and I have begun practicing in a private clinic.

Spicoli
10-27-06, 07:56 AM

Buddy Rice would hit that.:thumbup:

Tony George
10-27-06, 10:34 AM
So would Tony George. Repeatedly. :eek: :thumbup:

diamond dave
10-27-06, 12:49 PM
meh, PT gets alotted so many hrs on KK's Gulfstream

trauma1
10-27-06, 12:57 PM
well AJ here's your pit girl

http://www.redneckproducts.com/model.jpg