PDA

View Full Version : Yoda and red bull 30 mil thus far

trauma1
10-25-06, 10:29 AM
yoda spending 30 mil thus far and honda getting ready to invade, sit back and watch the fireworks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=Avfqugb5uKCX0ZJgyRfjhHDov7YF?slug=bm-steinerredbull102406&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Many in the garage have speculated that Toyota will spend outrageous amounts to make its teams competitive quickly, and Red Bull is known for spending huge sums of money to promote its product – and its racing ventures are seen as part of that promotion. Rumors floating around the cup garage have the team already spending well over $30 million – even before its first race, which unofficially was at Lowe's Motor Speedway earlier this month (Bill Elliott failed to qualify in a Red Bull Dodge).

Steiner laughs when asked about that amount and says, "I don't confirm, I don't deny that."

"It's hard to determine what is a little or a lot," he said. "It's what you get back from it that counts. It's less investment here [than in Formula One]. But it doesn't mean that it’s a little."

racer2c
10-25-06, 11:28 AM
How long before the yoda onslaught forces Dodge out?

Who is yoda's A driver/ team going to be?

Wheel-Nut
10-25-06, 11:51 AM
I would guess the Waltrip combo for the A team. Mikey and ??? I would not be surprised if ole DW gets back into a car.

theunions
10-25-06, 12:44 PM
I would guess the Waltrip combo for the A team. Mikey and ???

1. Mikey
2. Jarrett
3. David Reutimann :p

Chief
10-25-06, 09:54 PM
I eagerly await the day they drop the rubes and bring in their own....