PDA

View Full Version : OC NFL Eliminator Pool - Week 8 - Get Picks in by 1:00 PM ET, Sun 10/29

Insomniac
10-25-06, 08:49 AM
This is the Off Camber NFL Eliminator Pool thread for Week 8.

Rules:

Pick the winner of one game this week.
If you are right, you move on to the next week.
If you are wrong, you are eliminated.
You can only use a team once the entire season (e.g. You choose the Falcons for Week 1, that means you can not choose the Falcons again another week.)
The winner is the last man or woman standing.

How to enter:

Submit your entry by posting in this thread.
If you use a picture for your pick, please also type the name.
Your pick must be in before the start time for the first game of the week. (1:00 PM ET, Sun 10/29 for Week 8)
Any edits to your post after this time will result in disqualification.
If you make multiple picks in the same week, your last pick before the deadline will be used.

Insomniac
10-25-06, 08:50 AM
Current Standings

Nine people were eliminated in Week 7.

Still Alive:
Ankf00 (PHI, SD, MIA, STL, NE, DEN, NYJ)
devilmaster (SEA, CHI, PHI, STL, NO, DAL, IND)
Lizzerd (SEA, SD, BAL, PHI, IND, CHI, NYJ)
nrc (SEA, CIN, BAL, PHI, NE, CHI, IND)

Eliminated - 1 Loss - Week 7:
dando (ARI, BAL, PHI, DAL, IND, DEN, JAX)
Dvdb (ARI, BAL, PHI, CLE, IND, SD, JAX)
extramundane (PHI, NO, BAL, CLE, MIN, DAL, JAX)
Gangrel (CHI, NE, PHI, STL, CAR, DAL, JAX)
Racing Truth (NE, CHI, WAS, CLE, NO, DAL, PHI)
skaven (SD, BAL, MIA, PHI, IND, DEN, SEA)
Turn7 (NYJ, CHI, MIA, HOU, NE, SEA, SD)
WickerBill (NE, SD, MIA, DAL, IND, DEN, JAX)
Willam (NE, BAL, GB, IND, CHI, DEN, JAX)

Eliminated - 1 Loss - Week 6:
TKAngel (PHI, CIN, BAL, STL, CAR, , NE)

Eliminated - 1 Loss - Week 4:
Insomniac (SEA, BAL, WAS, MIA, KC, DAL, NYJ)

Eliminated - 2 Losses:
FTG (NE, IND, ATL, DAL, CHI, DEN, ARI)
greenie (ARI, DEN, MIA, PHI, IND, WAS, )
RacinM3 (, DEN, PHI, DAL, CHI, SD, JAX)
Sean O'Gorman (TB, BAL, GB, CLE, STL, WAS, DEN)

Eliminated - 3 Losses:
Stu (MIA, NO, BAL, CLE, CAR, BUF, PIT)

Eliminated - 4 Losses:
racer2c (DEN, BAL, BAL, OAK, CHI, SEA, ARI)

NOTE: I dropped anyone missing 3 or more picks.

Insomniac
10-25-06, 08:51 AM
For your convenience, here are this weeks games:

Arizona at Green Bay
Atlanta at Cincinnati
Baltimore at New Orleans
Houston at Tennessee
Jacksonville at Philadelphia
Seattle at Kansas City
San Francisco at Chicago
Tampa Bay at N.Y. Giants
St. Louis at San Diego
Indianapolis at Denver
N.Y. Jets at Cleveland
Pittsburgh at Oakland
Dallas at Carolina
New England at Minnesota

Bye Week: Buffalo, Detroit, Miami, Washington

WickerBill
10-25-06, 09:32 AM
KC Chefs

Ankf00
10-25-06, 10:43 AM
NYG

racer2c
10-25-06, 11:21 AM
I'm out. :flame: :(

dando
10-25-06, 11:28 AM
Let's pretend I took NE last week... ;) :cry:

Blitzburgh, pleeze.

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-25-06, 12:40 PM
I'm out. :flame: :(

You were eliminated a long time ago. :) Keep picking though. I was dropping 3+ losses (they all quit picking). You haven't so I didn't drop you and changed the text to say people who quit picking. You're just terrible at it. ;)

racer2c
10-25-06, 12:47 PM
You were eliminated a long time ago. :) Keep picking though. I was dropping 3+ losses (they all quit picking). You haven't so I didn't drop you and changed the text to say people who quit picking. You're just terrible at it. ;)

tell me about it. I picked the same team twice. But so did spiky so I don't feel too bad. The Raiders pick was reverse karma because I knew if I picked them here, they would beat the Cards and they did.

devilmaster
10-25-06, 12:54 PM
Man, why can't I win like this on ProLine? :irked:

racer2c
10-25-06, 12:59 PM
Giants

Ankf00
10-25-06, 01:22 PM
^^^ great, now I have to change my pick :irked:

racer2c
10-25-06, 01:27 PM
^^^ great, now I have to change my pick :irked:

:rofl:

extramundane
10-25-06, 01:27 PM
Da Bears, please.

Lizzerd
10-25-06, 01:34 PM
Man, why can't I win like this on ProLine? :irked:

I hear that, bro'.

I was considering Giants too, ank, until I saw r2c's pick. :D I'm gonna wait to pick and think about it for a while.

FTG
10-25-06, 03:17 PM
Hurry up and loose so we can start over.

Since I'm out anyway,Titans.

Lizzerd
10-25-06, 05:30 PM
Okay, I've thought about it.

Giants, please.

nrc
10-25-06, 07:01 PM
Pittsburgh. It's a win/win pick. Not sure I'll even change it if Ben's egg is too scrambled to go.

Sean O'Gorman
10-25-06, 08:17 PM
Chicago

Stu
10-25-06, 08:27 PM
J E T S SUCK SUCK SUCK

but I'll take em this week

nrc
10-26-06, 12:43 AM
Just when the offense is starting to get back on track, now we've got to deal with an SI jinx. :(

http://assets.bengals.com/assets/default/si061024_225w.jpg

Lizzerd
10-26-06, 01:21 AM
That guy is a TO wannabe. Give me Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne any day. Those guys have some class. And they're better. :p

Ankf00
10-26-06, 01:23 AM
I'd just like to note that Roy Williams is kicking some ass these past couple of weeks with Jon Kitna throwing to him instead of Joey Heisman :D

WickerBill
10-26-06, 06:51 AM
Didn't he also announce that the Lions are going 9-0 after the bye? What "supplements" is this guy taking? The Lions still have the Falcons, Bears, Patriots, Vikings....

Insomniac
10-26-06, 08:35 AM
Just when the offense is starting to get back on track, now we've got to deal with an SI jinx. :(

If it's any consolation, Brady was on the cover a couple times. :)

Gangrel
10-26-06, 10:29 AM
Well...now that the pressure's off me...

AZ. :D

dando
10-26-06, 11:30 AM

http://assets.bengals.com/assets/default/si061024_225w.jpg

The Ocho Cinco!

d00d, if Blitzburgh hung 38 on the Falcons' D, I hope the board in PBS can handle triple digits. :eek: It's just good to see CJ being CJ again. I was a tad concerned when I read some of his comments after the Carolina game about the gag order, etc. :\

-Kevin

Ankf00
10-26-06, 02:34 PM
The Sports Douche:

I just don't get it. The Bills passed on Leinart because they already had J.P. Losman, which is like passing on a brand-new BMW because you're all set with your Hyundai.

:laugh:

skaven
10-26-06, 04:49 PM
PIT

Was going to quit after the loss.. but we'll see what happens as the season goes on.

Insomniac
10-26-06, 05:30 PM
The Sports Douche:

Pffft...I only read his stuff for the superb stock advice. Trust him. After playing with a PS3 buy Sony stock! You'll thank him later.

racer2c
10-26-06, 05:58 PM
Pffft...I only read his stuff for the superb stock advice. Trust him. After playing with a PS3 buy Sony stock! You'll thank him later.

Friends don't let friends buy Sony crap.:irked:

Gears of War and Halo 3 on the 360 > PS3.

Insomniac
10-26-06, 09:10 PM
Friends don't let friends buy Sony crap.:irked:

Gears of War and Halo 3 on the 360 > PS3.

Hehe. I just find it ammusing. Like that's all Sony does. And even if it was, selling a $900 machine for $600 doesn't make the most financial sense. Not to mention the price competition in the consumer electronics department. With that said, I have my PS3 pre-order and will finally be able to use my Sony points, Hello eBay! (Ohhh, and I'm happy with my Xbox (first one) and will probably get a Wii at some point.)

And on topic, how will Seattle do with Seneca Wallace? Them tanking = better first round pick for the Patriots. :D

Stu
10-27-06, 08:01 AM
And even if it was, selling a $900 machine for $600 doesn't make the most financial sense.The first Xbox and the PS2 both cost more to make than what they sold it for at launch.

But then costs go down and they make a boatload of money on software, which is why they keeping making these video game stations.

Insomniac
10-27-06, 09:01 AM
The first Xbox and the PS2 both cost more to make than what they sold it for at launch.

But then costs go down and they make a boatload of money on software, which is why they keeping making these video game stations.

I know how the business model works. ;) My point was, if they're going to lose money in the short term, why would you want to buy their stock now? Not to mention their growth is falling and they are now in a huge mess with battery recalls. "I played the PS3 and it's awesome" isn't really a sound foundation to give investment advice on. :)

Speaking of video games and football, does anyone recommend Madden 07? I have 06 already.

WickerBill
10-27-06, 03:01 PM
KC Chefs

Changing it since the Accountant is still out and now the Vagabond has a groin pull....

Pittsburgh

Insomniac
10-27-06, 06:48 PM
Hey, I can still use Chicago. Woohoo!

Insomniac
10-28-06, 03:45 PM
Just a friendly reminder.

The following people have yet to make a pick and have 0 losses:
devilmaster

People eliminated (one or more losses) who haven't made a pick:
Dvdb
greenie
Racing Truth
RacinM3
TKAngel
Turn7
Willam

TKGAngel
10-28-06, 04:55 PM
Denver, please.

Lizzerd
10-28-06, 04:59 PM
Denver, please.

:eek: :saywhat:

I hope you're wrong. I'm a :gomer:

Insomniac
10-28-06, 05:15 PM

I think I'm "rooting" for Indy too. The one good thing is there will be a lot of good games tomorrow. :thumbup:

Also, 7 weeks gone and only 5 teams have 1 loss or less.

TKGAngel
10-28-06, 06:48 PM

I dont know much about football, but Denver's playing at home and has the league's number one defence. Sounds good to me.

devilmaster
10-28-06, 07:16 PM
Giants.

Ankf00
10-29-06, 04:41 AM
Giants.

seeeeee, my boy knows where it at :cool:

Insomniac
10-29-06, 09:39 PM
Changing it since the Accountant is still out and now the Vagabond has a groin pull....

Pittsburgh

Should've stuck with KC. ;)

Insomniac
10-29-06, 09:40 PM
J E T S SUCK SUCK SUCK

but I'll take em this week

Please take Indy next week. :D

dando
10-29-06, 10:01 PM

That musta been one. ugly. game.

Brownies = Stillers :saywhat:

-Kevin

Stu
10-29-06, 10:37 PM
I know how the business model works. ;) My point was, if they're going to lose money in the short term, why would you want to buy their stock now? Not to mention their growth is falling and they are now in a huge mess with battery recalls. "I played the PS3 and it's awesome" isn't really a sound foundation to give investment advice on. :)

Speaking of video games and football, does anyone recommend Madden 07? I have 06 already.

ok, i didnt know you were solely talking about stock price at the launch date.

if you look at history, you should be shorting sony stock right now. sony stock went down on and around the launch date of the ps2. reason was that they shipped only 500,000 units and demand wanted many more. same will happen this year with sony shipping only 400,000 (and maybe less) ps3 units in november.

devilmaster
10-30-06, 12:09 AM
I'm not saying we should do this now, but for future versions....

Perhaps as one gets further in to the weeks, or as a majority of the players are eliminated, or just perhaps starting after week 6 or something - a first call claim on each team.

For example, this week Lizz, Ank and I all picked the Giants. I believe Lizz picked them first, so he would gets rights for this week on them winning. Ank and I would then have to pick different teams, still leaving in the rule of if you used them once, you can't again - makes it more challenging.

Lizzerd
10-30-06, 01:14 AM
Meaning you want to tighten the rules. I advocate making the rules a bit looser. Maybe this game could have two winners. One for the longest survivor and one for the fewest losses in a season (?). And, I say this as one of the few "survivors".

And I don't think I was the first to pick NYG. It was r2c, then Ank, I think. And, I didn't pick NYG solely because either one of them did, either.

With all due respect, dm, I think it would be unfair to make a rule such as you suggest unless Insomniac would say something like "Begin posting at 12:00PM on Tuesday". Even at that, it still wouldn't work. Say you or anybody has already made up you mind about which team you want to pick for the week, but you are half way to visiting a client two hours away from home at 12:00PM on Tuesday. Some of us don't live in front of our keyboards all day. :D

Insomniac
10-30-06, 09:04 AM
I'm not saying we should do this now, but for future versions....

Perhaps as one gets further in to the weeks, or as a majority of the players are eliminated, or just perhaps starting after week 6 or something - a first call claim on each team.

For example, this week Lizz, Ank and I all picked the Giants. I believe Lizz picked them first, so he would gets rights for this week on them winning. Ank and I would then have to pick different teams, still leaving in the rule of if you used them once, you can't again - makes it more challenging.

I'm not sure that's necessary. I mean, the goal is to get through 17 weeks by picking from 32 teams and not using it once. That in and of itself is difficult given there are 3 people left of the 28 who started and it has only been 8 weeks.

With so few people left, the majority of us are knocked out. The reason I kept track of losses was two fold. It would let people knocked out keep playing (this is just supposed to be fun) and I thought if a lot of people went far, it would be simpler to crown a winner based on fewest losses. I think the second one won;t happen, we'd just start over with a smaller pool of teams to pick.

Now if the three of you want to take chances on your picks or come to some type of agreement on supplemental rules, go for it. :) I wouldn't feel comfortable changing the rules to make it harder so we can just start over.

Insomniac
10-30-06, 09:08 AM
Meaning you want to tighten the rules. I advocate making the rules a bit looser. Maybe this game could have two winners. One for the longest survivor and one for the fewest losses in a season (?). And, I say this as one of the few "survivors".

We'll see who stands where when it's all over. Then people can feel free to gloat. ;) (But, at this point, I would favor starting over with a smaller pool.)

nrc
10-30-06, 10:16 AM
I agree, leave it as is. The last man standing is the winner, everyone else is battling for second. With so much of the season left and fewer options for picks it's likely that we'll have a winner within four or five games. Differences in the picks so far will likely make it difficult for anyone to stay in it by copying picks.