10-24-06, 06:01 PM
To test for the IPS at Homestead...Dammit!!:mad:

diamond dave
10-24-06, 07:53 PM
:flame:
GF better sign this kid to his Atlantics mega team

RHR_Fan
10-24-06, 10:15 PM
Aw crap! This kid dominiated Formula Fords - he deserves a ride in CCA, or at least a test! Didn't he already run a few CCA races?

~Nicole

theunions
10-25-06, 02:45 AM
Didn't he already run a few CCA races?

One.

cameraman
10-25-06, 02:55 AM
He has one Atlantic start. He drove for Newman Wachs at Road America a couple weeks ago. He started 16th and went off the track with Tim Bridgeman on lap 7. They didn't show or explain what happened other than Bridgeman had some words for Hildebrand after they were both off in the gravel.

Easy
10-25-06, 10:13 AM
The IPS test with Sam Schmidt is a prize for winning the Cooper Series title. The Star Mazda and FBMW USA champs will be there as well.

extramundane
10-25-06, 12:25 PM
The IPS test with Sam Schmidt is a prize for winning the Cooper Series title.

And the prize for 2nd place is two IPS tests.

<rimshot>

NismoZ
10-25-06, 06:55 PM
"As we see the series moving to more road course racing we need to take a closer look at Formula Mazda, Formula BMW and the Cooper Tires FF Zetec Series."- The Bad Guys. Time to give a hint to Mazda and Cooper where we'd like the largest part of their focus to be.

Peter Olivola
10-25-06, 08:17 PM
What the <bleep> does that mean? Mazda and Cooper aren't involved with the IRL in any what that I'm aware of. You know something I don't?

"As we see the series moving to more road course racing we need to take a closer look at Formula Mazda, Formula BMW and the Cooper Tires FF Zetec Series."- The Bad Guys. Time to give a hint to Mazda and Cooper where we'd like the largest part of their focus to be.

NismoZ
10-26-06, 10:53 AM
No, CERTAINLY not:D ...I was merely reasoning that they ARE involved with CHAMPCAR in big ways and therefore might listen. I guess I'm less trusting than you. If I see Iran testing our fighter pilots I begin to wonder, what for? I'm not beyond admitting I'd rather see the top talent headed Atlantics way. Let's encourage them at least to the level the ethanol lovers are.

Peter Olivola
10-26-06, 06:49 PM
What do you think Mazda and Cooper can do in this situation? They don't have any control over the drivers. Drivers in development series are about finding their next ride. They may have preferences, but when push comes to shove, they're going to drive every opportunity that comes their way, and that's what they should be doing.

As to your tasteless comment about Iran, step back from your computer. You need to take a deep breath and remember this is just racing. Fifty years from now no one will give a d*mn.

No, CERTAINLY not:D ...I was merely reasoning that they ARE involved with CHAMPCAR in big ways and therefore might listen. I guess I'm less trusting than you. If I see Iran testing our fighter pilots I begin to wonder, what for? I'm not beyond admitting I'd rather see the top talent headed Atlantics way. Let's encourage them at least to the level the ethanol lovers are.

G.
10-27-06, 11:08 AM
You need to take a deep breath and remember this is just racing. Fifty years from now no one will give a d*mn.There's a whole lotta topics at other forums whining about SB, Ted Horn, and history...

NismoZ
10-27-06, 11:16 AM
Peter, I worry about you. Just trying to encourage CC and partners to do all they can to direct top talent to OUR top rung. Nothing more. Just a simple wish. And a tasteless comment about Iran? You'll have to explain your perception on that one. I was merely equating them to The League snagging drivers I'd like to see come to CC. I really don't care if I offended Iran or The League... or either of their "leaders.":tony:

Easy
10-27-06, 11:51 AM
Peter, I worry about you. Just trying to encourage CC and partners to do all they can to direct top talent to OUR top rung. Nothing more. Just a simple wish.

If they want to direct talent to Atlantics maybe they should have come up with a formula that doesn't cost nearly $1,000,000 to be competitive in.

cameraman
10-27-06, 12:41 PM
If they want to direct talent to Atlantics maybe they should have come up with a formula that doesn't cost nearly $1,000,000 to be competitive in. They are called Star Mazda and fBMW.

Inexpensive top rung ladder series is an oxymoron.

G.
10-27-06, 12:44 PM
I can't think of a single thing to whine about in the new Atlantics series this year.

ANYTHING can be improved, but I'm coming up empty.

Dr. Corkski
10-27-06, 12:51 PM
I can't think of a single thing to whine about in the new Atlantics series this year.Please. No Bob Siska = :thumdown:.

cameraman
10-27-06, 01:16 PM
Bob was out here this spring driving his FR 2000 in the Formula TR series. He is 64 years old and he drove eight Formula TR weekends this year. He is living a pretty damn nice life, when was the last open wheel race that you drove in?

G.
10-27-06, 01:21 PM
Please. No Bob Siska = :thumdown:.
He's a former driver and a current owner (I think). What does that have to do with the series?

I guess I'm missing your haterpoint.:gomer:

Easy
10-27-06, 02:15 PM
Inexpensive top rung ladder series is an oxymoron.

Sustainability fits that description as well.

Peter Olivola
10-27-06, 07:54 PM
The point I was trying make about your Iran comment is the difference between racing and something really important. That you didn't understand it is troubling. Try repeating this about 1000 times: Racing is play.

Peter, I worry about you. Just trying to encourage CC and partners to do all they can to direct top talent to OUR top rung. Nothing more. Just a simple wish. And a tasteless comment about Iran? You'll have to explain your perception on that one. I was merely equating them to The League snagging drivers I'd like to see come to CC. I really don't care if I offended Iran or The League... or either of their "leaders.":tony:

NismoZ
10-29-06, 12:47 AM
Guess what, big guy? I fear it is YOU who is taking this too seriously. That simplistic comparison had nothing to do with foreign intrigue and was meant to describe only a condition of racing politics. I guess it was too simple for you to understand but I know you enjoy complicating matters for entertainment. That's Ok, I suppose that serves some purpose. For my part I won't make fun of Iran or the SCCA...for awhile.:)

Lizzerd
10-29-06, 01:17 AM
Guess what, big guy? I fear it is YOU who is taking this too seriously. That simplistic comparison had nothing to do with foreign intrigue and was meant to describe only a condition of racing politics. I guess it was too simple for you to understand but I know you enjoy complicating matters for entertainment. That's Ok, I suppose that serves some purpose. For my part I won't make fun of Iran or the SCCA...for awhile.:)

Ding ding! :thumbup:

Peter Olivola
10-29-06, 09:17 PM
It was a tasteless comment when you made it and your defense of it is even more tasteless.

JT265
10-29-06, 10:26 PM
It was a tasteless comment when you made it and your defense of it is even more tasteless.

Tsk, tsk. Tact, decorum and taste on a message board? Surely you jest.

Lizzerd
10-29-06, 11:10 PM
Don't mess with Peter, NizmoZ. He has been the Chief of the PC Police ever since I started using message boards.

Seriously. Don't offend him or let him think you are offending a murderous, fanatical, ruthless ethnic group. He will :flame: you. :rolleyes:

eiregosod
10-29-06, 11:24 PM
:laugh:

this is the funniest thread on this forum!

Hildebrand has the right to set his own career path. Unlike other sports where a promising athlete can get scholarships to pursue their sporting abmition, racecar drivers spend a lot of money pursuing their goals. Good for Hildebrand that he isn't going to sit around and hope that gives him the call. Good for the Cooper series to get their champions testing positions further up the ladder.

Fio1
10-30-06, 01:10 AM
It would be cool if he went to Europe and raced Euro F3. BTW, another american won the race today in Euro F3 (Summerton) :thumbup: If not F.Atlantics would be great as well. But, it all depends on his budget and where his sponsors want to go racing.....

Spicoli
10-30-06, 06:21 AM
Tsk, tsk. Tact, decorum and taste on a message board? Surely you jest.

no way!:saywhat: where?:confused:

:p