PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Crowd Reaction

NismoZ
10-24-06, 12:26 PM
I was wondering if anyone has insight into the crowd reaction to AJ's misfortunes during the race. When pitting after his little fuel problem there was an eruption of cheering. I thought that might have been a sign of approval that he had survived a dangerous moment but then there was an even bigger cheer when he broke and tagged the wall. Was it a show of displeasure at his upcoming defection? Is it simply because he is an American? Something else I'm unaware of?:confused: If it is a national origin thing count me disgusted. There has been too much made of that lately with name calling based on what country a driver is from. Now Will Power has jumped on the wagon. Can't describe a racing incident without showing derision toward a country? AJ was certainly kidding and trying to be silly like PT but too many in CC are now serious about it. I used to favor the national team idea but A1 beat CC to the punch, so let them have it! We don't need the aggravation that has already begun. Best teams, best cars, best drivers. Let the racing do the talking. I'm already sick of Gore and my feelings toward the nation of France have NOTHING to do with my attitude toward Sebastian Bourdais' decisions on a race track.

emjaya
10-24-06, 05:12 PM
No, not because he is an American, because he made a mistake.:D

There is no easy ride from Oz fans, we expect perfection.:gomer:

G.
10-24-06, 06:11 PM
They were drunk.

hic.

Event go-ers.

hic.

CART_Surfer
10-24-06, 06:50 PM
Aussies draped in "Green & Gold" all around the track love to have a person in any sporting event that they "love to hate".......at that stage of the race we didn't have anyone in that category so when the incidents with AJ occured we were just cheering anything out of the ordinary.

That however all changed once the pole sitter was blatantly taken out in one of the worst attempted passes ever seen. To think that this so-called quiet, unassuming, triple-crown Frenchman would have the hide to blame Paul Tracy for "Aussie Will's" demise!!!

We have found a villain, a scoundrel, a felon that will be remembered by us Aussies for many, many Surfers Indy events to come.

And to think, I am one of the unbiased ones.......

G.
10-24-06, 08:33 PM
Like I said, drunk.

:p

(hope you had much fun!)

CART_Surfer
10-24-06, 08:56 PM
Like I said, drunk.

:p

(hope you had much fun!)

Thanks G. as usual had a great time....little bit of work but much playtime......how it should always be ;)

Robstar
10-24-06, 09:02 PM
Not to mention, a huge proportion of fans are redneck taxi fans & like seeing any Champ Car driver make a mistake... :\

stroker
10-24-06, 09:41 PM
Oy! Look! He cahn't get the cah intah geeyah!

Robstar
10-24-06, 09:51 PM
LOL Something like that... :laugh:

emjaya
10-24-06, 09:54 PM
the crowd cheered the V8 drivers who stopped as well.Steven Richards was one that I recall (beer haze).:)

Kiwifan
10-26-06, 02:27 AM
Nizmo, AJs crash happened at "our" corner (as did the Will Power/Bourdais crash) and yes there was cheering. I do not believe for a moment that the crowd was drunk, anti American or whatever. EVERY time a driver in ANY series made a mistake there was cheering but I really think it was more good-natured than anything else.

The above was viewed from Stand 12 not the rowdy section where emjaya and Robstar were. :) :) Just joking boys, another awesome Aussie Production! :thumbup:

Rusty.

NismoZ
10-26-06, 10:19 AM
I am relieved to hear this from a variety of unimpeachable sources!:D It gives me great pleasure knowing my fears were in reality only insane Aussie- antics.:thumbup:

G.
10-26-06, 11:58 AM
The Aussies know. They get it.

Someday, I'll make it there...

NismoZ
10-26-06, 05:26 PM
Yes! Would somebody PLEASE send me to Surfers next season! ( Oh...For my birthday.;))