PDA

View Full Version : speed out doornbos in

trauma1
10-23-06, 02:29 PM
so they steal aj and give us speed

Doornbos to replace Speed at Toro Rosso? - 23 October 2006
Red Bull could be on the verge of making a last-minute change to its Formula One driver lineup for 2007.

Although Mark Webber and David Coulthard are securely contracted to race for the Milton Keynes based Red Bull Racing next year, the situation at sister squad Toro Rosso is reportedly not as assured.

It is rumoured that Robert Doornbos, whose three race tenure at Red Bull ended with Sunday's Brazilian grand prix, might be in the running for a seat at the jointly Gerhard Berger and Dietrich Mateschitz-owned Italian 'STR' team for 2007.

The Dutchman's manager, Marco Zecchi, is apparently already in discussions with Toro Rosso chiefs, despite previous suggestions that the Faenza based team's line-up for 2007 would remain the same.

Scott Speed's is the seat that is reportedly up for grabs, with Berger thought to be concerned about the American rookie's inconsistency and attracted by the raft of sponsor dollars that Doornbos could bring in.

Warlock!
10-23-06, 02:38 PM
...Berger thought to be concerned about the American rookie's inconsistency and attracted by the raft of sponsor dollars that Doornbos could bring in.
I didn't think he was any more "inconsistent" than Luizzi...

"Show me ze money!"

Spicoli
10-23-06, 03:11 PM
[speed apologist]
\
lessee....
1 st year team, check?
1 st year for driber, check?
no podium, check?

or is it

no check, check? :shakehead

how do they expect to get anywhere with all this shoot from the hip management? is the ink even dry on his contracyt from this year? :irked:

whatever......as BE says - we don;t need US of A. :finger:

extramundane
10-23-06, 03:13 PM
Doornbos is just keeping the seat warm for Graham. :gomer:

trauma1
10-23-06, 04:06 PM
[speed apologist]
\
lessee....
1 st year team, check?
1 st year for driber, check?
no podium, check?

or is it

no check, check? :shakehead

how do they expect to get anywhere with all this shoot from the hip management? is the ink even dry on his contracyt from this year? :irked:

whatever......as BE says - we don;t need US of A. :finger:

no check, but red bull is suppose to be loaded with $$$

Insomniac
10-23-06, 04:49 PM
Is AJ officially gone?

trauma1
10-23-06, 04:52 PM
long gone

A.J. Allmendinger making a bee line to the Newman/Haas pit and congratulating several key team members after the shunt that simultaneously eliminated him from championship contention and secured Sebastien Bourdais' third straight Vanderbilt Cup. "That was very sporting of him," said Bourdais' race engineer Craig Hampson. "I congratulated him on a great season and wished him luck in NASCAR."

racer2c
10-23-06, 05:14 PM
long gone

A.J. Allmendinger making a bee line to the Newman/Haas pit and congratulating several key team members after the shunt that simultaneously eliminated him from championship contention and secured Sebastien Bourdais' third straight Vanderbilt Cup. "That was very sporting of him," said Bourdais' race engineer Craig Hampson. "I congratulated him on a great season and wished him luck in NASCAR."

AJ's voice was even more nasel and 'necky than usual. It rubs off quick when the checks are flowin.

Spicoli
10-23-06, 07:32 PM
Craig Hampsen's a dick too.

trust him like you trust fTG.:tony:

Insomniac
10-23-06, 10:20 PM
long gone

What has Carl Russo done? Too bad it's not like the NFL here he could trade AJ and the new team gets his contract. It's a shame. Another feather in NASCAR's cap.

Indy
10-23-06, 11:15 PM
AJ's voice was even more nasel and 'necky than usual. It rubs off quick when the checks are flowin.

Honestly, I always found his voice to be a bit nasal and 'necky. Perhaps the news of his departure widened your ear canals. :D