PDA

View Full Version : Tracy accuses officials of fixing race

oddlycalm
10-23-06, 01:41 PM
Tracy accuses officials of fixing race (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55383)

:rolleyes: :shakehead :laugh:

oc

nrc
10-23-06, 02:00 PM
I don't know about a fix, but I thought the penalty on Tracy was exorbitant. He gained no positions and little or no time shortcutting the course. He gave back much more time than he gained. From the agreement in the drivers meeting that Jon talked about, giving up a position was only supposed to apply if they were in a pack of cars, which they weren't.

Ankf00
10-23-06, 02:00 PM
It's always everyone else's fault :laugh:

RHR_Fan
10-23-06, 02:26 PM
I don't know about a fix, but I thought the penalty on Tracy was exorbitant. He gained no positions and little or no time shortcutting the course. He gave back much more time than he gained.

I totally agree with you. I didn't catch it on race director, but when I was watching the race yesterday I thought it was bogus they made Tracy go back behind Tag. He did not gain a position on Dominguez and Tag wasn't even a part of that action. I don't think it was fixed, but it was definitely questionable.

~Nicole

Dr. Corkski
10-23-06, 02:33 PM
FaFu would never whine.

Andrew Longman
10-23-06, 03:36 PM
The penalty seemed too much, but if it is what was agreed to at the drivers meeting then he should just take it like a man.

I'm more or less OK with PTs wrestlemania crap so long as the tongue is firmly planted in cheek. I'm less OK with AJs francophobe BS, but whatever, especially when SeeBass seems to bring it on himself.

But calling it a fix, when the facts are plainly to the contrary is getting just to NASCAR-esque for me. STFU... and I like Tracy.

Elmo T
10-23-06, 03:52 PM
Not to take this completely OT, but how often to these drivers' meeting result in rules for the specific track? Such as, cutting the chicane while in a pack of cars results in being put back one position even if you didn't gain an advantage?

NismoZ
10-23-06, 04:12 PM
I guess it's, "define pack!"? Sure he's mad. So's the guy he slammed coming out of the pits. I'd equate his chicane cutting to Bourdais' brake locking and they both were made to pay for those, so even if wrong the officiating was consistent. Gore's reaction was over the top, PTs reminded me of the "Circus Clown" episode and Bourdais is convinced his slide job was not fairly evaluated. Big deal. Too bad the post race antics are getting more attention than the in race action. I liked it and I feel whoever leaves OR stays we're going to be just fine!:thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
10-23-06, 04:21 PM
The penalty seemed too much, but if it is what was agreed to at the drivers meeting then he should just take it like a man.You must have missed Las Vegas last year. :laugh:

Spicoli
10-23-06, 04:28 PM
i can;t hear anything.

http://www.killingtonzone.com/albums/StormchaserPix1/beta156.thumb.gif

Insomniac
10-23-06, 04:41 PM
Well, now I know why he moved backwards at the end (the free timing didn't explain and SPEED messed up the TV schedule and TiVo cut off the last 30 mins for me).

Seems excessive, but if that was the rule, that's the rule. Follow or pay. It was like Dario one year at Toronto I think. He put 4 wheels over and lost a spot.

Did Cottman make the call? He seems like a guy who uses common sense.

stroker
10-23-06, 04:55 PM
I think this falls into the "don't screw up and you won't get penalized" thing.

Locking the brakes into the corner while passing constitutes a screw-up in my book. Not that I'm Fangio or anything...

nrc
10-23-06, 05:10 PM
Here's a question. If Tracy thinks he was going to pass Mario and Fabio for the win, how come he couldn't even get back past Tags?

Accipiter
10-23-06, 06:43 PM
I think the guys in race control felt so guilty for not penalizing his obvious pit infraction, that they jumped on him at the next oppotunity.

jonovision_man
10-23-06, 06:43 PM
Here's a question. If Tracy thinks he was going to pass Mario and Fabio for the win, how come he couldn't even get back past Tags?

Maybe PT was in on it??? :D

The series has already demonstrated that they can't control PT. Now he gets to make wild accusations in the media. Consequences? Another slap on the wrist, probably. More probation? :laugh:

jono

Ed_Severson
10-23-06, 09:49 PM
For what it's worth, I thought it was a weird call, given that Tagliani wasn't really anywhere near Tracy when the shortcut occurred. However, I wasn't at the driver's meeting, and haven't heard much of anything about what was discussed at that meeting, so it's entirely possible (and likely) that the decision was consistent with what the drivers were told Saturday afternoon.

And I can tell you that Walker wasted no time at all in calling Race Control to ask for a review of the shortcut. I think the request went up about 5 seconds after the incident.

Insomniac
10-23-06, 10:15 PM

I'm not sure, but the text from th commentary made it seem like PT had a real shot at som point. He was P2 with P2P left I thought at some point. Then he got moved behind 2 cars. I think it was a cheap way (the second position switch) to get a place on the field. But you can't pass under yellow so he didn't deserve P2. Realistically, at that point, maybe he could've gotten it back (doubtful without P2P in my opinion) but P3 is where he should've finished.

I don't think there's any doubt that Tags got a free spot he didn't earn.

redmist
10-23-06, 11:44 PM
hell tag blew the chicane when servia and nelson had their moment, and pt was right behind him, didn't see race control give tracy a free pass then. it was a ********* call, plain and simple.

TravelGal
10-24-06, 03:59 AM
I think the guys in race control felt so guilty for not penalizing his obvious pit infraction, that they jumped on him at the next oppotunity.

That passed through my mind as well. So did the question about how often they change the rules. "They agreed in the drivers' meeting" is supposed to cover all sorts of stuff. And it's different every race.

As for this one, Tracy had already lost a position or two avoiding Dominguez. Not that we were able to see that on the TV. Then he gets bombed back behind Tag who wasn't anywhere near the action. Seemed too weird for me. TravelGuy spent the next 5 laps screaming at the TV explaining his love for Race Control so it was difficult for me to hear the "explanations."

TrueBrit
10-24-06, 12:46 PM
PT needs to STFU....what a whiner....:cry: