PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

G.
10-23-06, 11:43 AM
I thought the race was fantastic.

Lots of action, danger even, passes on a strret raCe, first time winner, local team on the podium, controversy, completely unexpected Champion;) ,GREAT crowd, etc.

Why all the *****ing?

Coverage sucked, I give you that one.

What (consistent) winner doesn't whine? Even saint Jeemy the Weasel used to whine (he was a damn MASTER at it).

I don't get it.

It was a great race.

My,,, keys are,,,, sticking,,,,

Good God! Have I become a cheerleader??:o

Bring it, beeyoches.

rosawendel
10-23-06, 11:48 AM
no topless girls. all hype.

Warlock!
10-23-06, 12:50 PM
no topless girls. all hype.
You obviously haven't seen the pics I've seen. Aussies rock.

rosawendel
10-23-06, 01:00 PM
no, i meant on the tele.

racer2c
10-23-06, 01:06 PM
FaFu claims the fix was in.:D

cameraman
10-23-06, 01:24 PM
FaFu should have been parked at the end of pitlane for a minute or two after that bs stunt coming out of his pit box. Sounds like he is taking whinging lesson from Bourdais.:shakehead

Andrew Longman
10-23-06, 03:37 PM
I liked it

I always like Oz (except the year it rained)

Wicked fast unforgiving street race at its best.

(didn't like the single file start though. Make it double wide and show me you won't wreck.)

Insomniac
10-23-06, 04:43 PM
The start was lame. To switch to a follow the leader start, ugh.

SPEED overrun, ugh.

Coverage stunk. Especially since it's time delayed, could they at least do a better job? Too much to ask?

Either way, I quit paying attention at this point of the season.

ChampcarShark
10-23-06, 05:18 PM
The start was lame. To switch to a follow the leader start, ugh.

I rather see a standing start, if they do not know how to properly align to start might as well do a standing start.

NismoZ
10-23-06, 06:26 PM
I think there'll be a few next season. Surfers might be one of the places for that. I'd suggest a staggered start, not side-by-side. I'd also like to see a "rows of 4" start at Cleveland like F-1 anciently!;) One of my all-time favorite pics was of row 1 in Germany (?) in '61, I think, Road and Track, Phil Hill, Trips, Gurney? and ?...sheesh, now I have to go look for it. From the side, head shots. Wonderful picture.

redmist
10-23-06, 11:50 PM
FaFu should have been parked at the end of pitlane for a minute or two after that bs stunt coming out of his pit box. Sounds like he is taking whinging lesson from Bourdais.:shakehead

:rolleyes: yeah let's start parking people for incidental contact. thats just what we need, more overzealous officiating. it's motoracing not ****ing girls basketball.

grungex
10-24-06, 09:39 AM
:thumbup:

TKGAngel
10-24-06, 09:48 AM
I rather see a standing start, if they do not know how to properly align to start might as well do a standing start.

Standing starts would be a great idea at the tracks that its doable at (and if the car/engine technology allows for it). If the Atlantics drivers can pull off a 26-28 car field standing start, the big boys should be able to do it no problem.

If I haven't said it before, FaFu would be a great name for a dog!

NismoZ
10-24-06, 04:06 PM
Cosworth tech actually allows for increased boost when on the pit speed rev limiter button to overcome tire resistence at slow speed. Problem already solved.:thumbup: Call it launch control.

NismoZ
10-24-06, 04:09 PM
As far as incidental contact, it was actually Power who turned into and HIT Bourdais. So the champ forgot to signal he was going straight.! He was busy at the time.;)

Ed_Severson
10-24-06, 04:12 PM
I've not heard anything but internet speculation about standing starts, so I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Even if we were to consider them, I think Surfer's would be about the last place we would try it.

Ankf00
10-24-06, 04:21 PM
:rolleyes: yeah let's start parking people for incidental contact. thats just what we need, more overzealous officiating. it's motoracing not ****ing girls basketball.

uh oh, someone's pissed off the FaFu Patrol, beware of the incoming barrage of ,,,,,,,,,'s!!!!

emjaya
10-24-06, 05:01 PM

Incidental contact is alright on the track, but incidental contact in the pit lane in amongst the cars refueling, that's stupid.:shakehead