PDA

View Full Version : STILL only one RuSPORT car ready to race

theunions
10-20-06, 04:55 AM
This time Justin and the #9 sidelined...

Broken wrist sidelines Wilson Surfers Paradise, Qld., Australia – Due to the injury which Justin Wilson sustained during provisional qualifying warm up, RuSPORT will be withdrawing the #9 CDW / RuSPORT car.

In a statement from Champ Car Direct of Medical Affairs, Dr. Chris Pinderski, “Justin (Wilson) suffered a fracture of his scaphoid bone in his right wrist. The fracture will preclude him from participating this weekend and he will be re-evaluated upon his return to the United States.”

Justin Wilson stated, “I’m very disappointed not to be able to race this weekend. It is a track and a race that I enjoy a lot and was looking forward to. I thought we had a very good chance of finishing on the podium for CDW.”

“It seems hard to believe that such a small incident (he just skimmed the wall) can put me out for the weekend. What makes this more difficult is that, from a racetrack configuration standpoint, this was totally avoidable.”

“Needless to say it is very disappointing to have to withdraw the #9 CDW car for the remainder of the weekend here at Surfer’s Paradise,” said RuSPORT president Jeremy Dale. “Justin’s incident was a very minor one and in fact he drove the car back to the pit without any problems but there is just no possible way for him to drive a Champ Car this weekend. Our main focus with Justin now is to get him back to the states and get him 100% healthy as quickly as we can.”

chop456
10-20-06, 05:03 AM
Yeah, that hindsight's something else. Ever bring it up in a drivers meeting, Justin?

That sucks. Blaming it on a static, inanimate object sucks nearly as much. Extremely uncharacteristic behavior from a guy I like and respect.

Insomniac
10-20-06, 07:44 AM
I've heard a lot about the scaphoid bone this year. It's the cool thing to break I guess.

If it could be prevented in the future, then I'd expect them to fix it as soon as they can. Sometimes you have to learn and adjust as you go.

KLang
10-20-06, 09:00 AM
Bummer for Justin and RuSPORT.

What makes this more difficult is that, from a racetrack configuration standpoint, this was totally avoidable.

Isn't the track configured pretty much the same every year? I wonder what he is talking about.

emjaya
10-20-06, 09:55 AM
Alexandre Premat to RuSPORT for Mexico. ;)

:)

trauma1
10-20-06, 10:28 AM
not gpoing to happen that french **** has been spreading due to invasion of the seabass ugh fans from franch over at CW stinking the place up, it a BS rumor from some nimrod:flame:

Easy
10-20-06, 10:53 AM
What?

Dr. Corkski
10-20-06, 12:14 PM
What?I think he was posting in French or something.

trauma1
10-20-06, 01:39 PM
I think he was posting in French or something.

the rumor started from some french guy at CW, the seabass groupies invaded there, and they want everyone to be PC, rumor is BS

coolhand
10-20-06, 02:06 PM
the rumor started from some french guy at CW, the seabass groupies invaded there, and they want everyone to be PC, rumor is BS

"it is the french way"

Insomniac
10-20-06, 02:54 PM

Somehow this is PT's fault. :D

trauma1
10-20-06, 03:00 PM
Somehow this is PT's fault. :D

has to be:rofl:

cameraman
10-20-06, 07:29 PM
Yeah, that hindsight's something else. Ever bring it up in a drivers meeting, Justin?

That sucks. Blaming it on a static, inanimate object sucks nearly as much. Extremely uncharacteristic behavior from a guy I like and respect.

How do you know he did not bring up the apex tires at the drivers meeting?

He glancingly hit one of this type of apex tires:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2006/By400/20061020P_0102.jpg

Seems like he has grounds to complain to me.

nrc
10-20-06, 07:52 PM
Seems like he has grounds to complain to me.
Haven't we seen tires at the apexs many times before?

cameraman
10-20-06, 08:14 PM
They changed them with the addition of that rubber sheet

This year
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2006/By400/20061020P_0101.jpg

Last year
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2005/By400/20051021P_0067.jpg

That sheet could easily change the way the tire/steering reacts when it gets clipped. It looks much more likely to grab the tire than those orange painted tires do.

coolhand
10-20-06, 08:21 PM
It would probably go over the top of the older one and glance of the newer one.

tantra
10-20-06, 11:16 PM
The doctor is in. (for anyone who gives a ....)

http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp04013.htm

Insomniac
10-21-06, 10:19 AM
Looks like they also added curbing so you can take the turn even tighter.