PDA

View Full Version : Will the Futility Stop in 2007?

Wheel-Nut
10-18-06, 10:06 AM
http://foytracing.com/

Preparing for 2007

The IRL IndyCar Series ended last month but there is no time for relaxation at A.J. Foyt Racing.

What does the team do in the off-season?

For starters, Larry Foyt moved from North Carolina back to Texas to start working with the team on a daily basis. Foyt is working closely with his father A.J. and the team's senior management to identify areas for improvement, and create a plan to implement the necessary changes.

The team has had several meetings with its primary sponsor ABC Supply to discuss plans for 2007 which is a big year for ABC Supply celebrating its Silver Anniversary and A.J. Foyt celebrating his Golden Anniversary in Indy car racing.

The race team is taking inventory of all their equipment, making lists of what needs to be replaced and sorting out those parts that can be used for charity auctions.

On October 30, the team is taking two of its Dallara cars to the full-scale wind tunnel in Marietta, Ga. to evaluate their current aerodynamic characteristics and investigate the effects of various wing angle and ride height settings as well as new components under consideration for the 2007 season.

The team is also preparing the race car fleet for a new paint scheme with actual painting starting in November. One of the cars will be photographed in early December for the 2007 marketing and publicity materials.

The team is also planning to increase its staff of mechanics as well as its engineering department and is currently evaluating candidates. It is one of several steps being taken to increase the team's technical resources and improve its performance in 2007.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.J. Foyt Racing Employment Opportunities

A.J. Foyt is reorganizing his Indy car team this winter as he prepares for a very busy and very special 2007 season in which he'll be celebrating his 50th anniversary in IndyCar racing!

If you are interested in becoming a part of his team, please send your resume via email to: employment@foytracing.com. All resumes will be considered confidential. After resumes are reviewed, the prospective hires will be contacted if there are openings in those areas, otherwise the resumes will be kept on file for future openings. Indycar work experience is preferred but not mandatory.

If you would prefer to submit your resume via U.S. Mail, please send it to:

A.J. Foyt Racing/Employment
19480 Stokes Road
Waller, TX 77484

Andrew Longman
10-18-06, 10:15 AM
Doesn't sound like they are doing anything out of the ordinary in the off season... Except perhaps at Foyt Racing.

Don Quixote
10-18-06, 11:19 AM
Foyt is going to the wind tunnel? What's next, participating in road course testing????

dando
10-18-06, 11:42 AM
employment@foytracing.com[/email]. All resumes will be considered confidential. After resumes are reviewed, the prospective hires will be contacted if there are openings in those areas, otherwise the resumes will be kept on file for future openings. Indycar work experience is preferred but not mandatory.

If you would prefer to submit your resume via U.S. Mail, please send it to:

A.J. Foyt Racing/Employment
19480 Stokes Road
Waller, TX 77484

I recommend Pete as their PR guy. :gomer:

-Kevin

pchall
10-18-06, 12:15 PM
I recommend Pete as their PR guy. :gomer:

-Kevin

Hey, I was thinking of e-mailing my resumé listing the Foyt Futility Watch and sweeping the garage floor for Team Mergard among my relevant racing related experience. :tony:

Gnam
10-18-06, 12:17 PM
The team is also planning to increase its staff of mechanics as well as its engineering department and is currently evaluating candidates.
We should send in Ank's resume. Speaks Texan, loves corny dogs.

extramundane
10-18-06, 12:56 PM
We should send in Ank's resume. Speaks Texan, loves corny dogs.

Somehow, I think he'd only be welcome in Foytville if he brought a bag full of money.

Or sandwiches.

trauma1
10-18-06, 01:03 PM
send one of these your hired

http://www.quiznos.com/menu/images/brisket/brisket_banner.jpg

Lizzerd
10-18-06, 07:15 PM
Foyt will always be Foyt. The futility will continue in '07 and beyond.

pchall
10-19-06, 10:43 AM
What Foyt Racing really needs is a Futility Watch All Star Team for 2007. We've already got two nominations... any more?

BTW, Spicoli doesn't need to nominate "A. N. Enema" for the clean up crew. That's understood.

Spicoli
10-19-06, 03:30 PM
What Foyt Racing really needs is a Futility Watch All Star Team for 2007. We've already got two nominations... any more?

BTW, Spicoli doesn't need to nominate "A. N. Enema" for the clean up crew. That's understood.

You're in boss!

(check pms)

NismoZ
10-19-06, 06:05 PM
Sounds like an "Adios AJ Tour" to me! (any nominations for the "identify areas for improvement" aspect of their work?)

manic mechanic
10-20-06, 02:01 AM
The way I see it, F00 boy just needs to design a bulletproof laptop and he's IN on the data acquisition team.

He might even be able to sell the mods to Timex! :p

manic