PDA

View Full Version : European Arrogance/Ludicrous season

NismoZ
10-16-06, 04:17 PM
Klien was practically ordered to CC and refused. Jani says "I'll do it" but we still don't know. Robert Doornbos is already racing F-1 but might have only a minor testing roll next season and nothing but hope for the year after. He's asked to test F-1 AND race in CC next season but the Euros don't like that idea at all. Robert "wants to race and stay sharp" for his anticipated return to F-1 in '08. I like the idea of Dutch $$ and Austrian sponsorship and top European talent coming to CC, but as a 1 year "to stay sharp" (for something else) tour? No thanks. I'd rather see one of our best Atlantic guys get a shoestring chance than "He can go to ChampCar and become a star there and still return to F-1." (Red Bull) I know Papa Rahal has said the same thing but Graham is OUR guy and he's already here paying dues! KK, do all you can to promote from within. If the Dutch or Mexicans want to bring it, they can support at least one on their team from Atlantics. Make it a rule!:thumbup:

Easy
10-16-06, 05:45 PM
I thought this thread was about a European tour.

http://www.andrewkaufman.net/portraits/Ludacris.jpg

TippyGomez
10-16-06, 06:01 PM
They need a couple of Kinser's to really make this deal work:tony:

Dr. Corkski
10-16-06, 06:58 PM
I thought this thread was about a European tour.

http://www.andrewkaufman.net/portraits/Ludacris.jpgRollout!

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4596/3911mr2.jpg

Spicoli
10-16-06, 07:05 PM
Well can you blame them?

I mean, let's check up here a minute....since fTG fixed everything, and especially since the BK hearing, its been an uphill battle with Yoda and FHonda badmouthing the entire series all the way to 16th & Jonestown. CCWS has made an (IMHO) fairly incredible bounce back this year with some great surprise drives and races, and some noteable (FaFu) off track antics. The DP01 holds some promise, but overall, there is a big lack of $$$$ and a loooong way til we catch up with NasCabs and F1.

So, come a long way, sure.....But we lack overall direction, consistency in schedule & teams & dribers, sponsors and event locations. the Amigos are doing a decent enough job, but have a buttload of work to do. Sometimes I think GF & KK are just club racing, but i know better.

wtf do you expect these F1 wannabees, hopefuls and neverbeens to think? Take the incredible amount of $$$ in F1 and it's a joke when you compare today's CCWS to it (and EARL, and all tghe other crap that's not NASTard.)

oddlycalm
10-17-06, 02:53 PM
On the positive side Adam Carroll actually wants to be in a Champ Car and after losing out on the seat at RuSport is going to Oz on his own nickel to continue talking to the teams. He seems to see it as a career path and not a step to anything else. He's a driver that I think would be a good fit.

"Champ Car is a good series, and it's getting stronger with the new car coming in, so it's a good career path to follow."

oc

cameraman
10-17-06, 04:31 PM
Considering that his only other option for 2007 is another year of GP2, I'd say CCWS would be a very good choice.

jonovision_man
10-17-06, 04:38 PM
Considering that his only other option for 2007 is another year of GP2, I'd say CCWS would be a very good choice.

GP2 drivers have a chance at F1.

CCWS drivers don't seem to. Bourdais is too good to be here, but not even a sniff.

If F1 is your goal, CCWS is not the place to be.

jono

cameraman
10-17-06, 05:09 PM
Ever think that the problem might be with Bourdais and not with the series he is driving in.

emjaya
10-17-06, 05:23 PM
Ever think that the problem might be with Bourdais and not with the series he is driving in.

I do.

:)

coolhand
10-17-06, 05:27 PM
Europeans have every right to be arrogant when it comes to living in Indianapolis :rofl:

That was the deal breaker right there. No one told him that the other drivers live in Vegas and Miami.

Spicoli
10-17-06, 05:51 PM

:thumbup:

He makes Blinky look friendly.

But I can't understand either of them, so they both suck. And N/H sucks. And so does a bunch of other stuff too, but that's not important.

Back on topic, Froggy should go to EARL so we can hate on him properly.:laugh:

jonovision_man
10-17-06, 06:50 PM

Even if you believe that's true... count the number of current F1 drivers who came through F3000/GP2 and compare it to the number who came through CCWS.

European arrogance? Try European realist.

If they want to be in F1 they're exactly where they should be. Either testing in F1 or racing in GP2. That's the way to F1 now.

jono

cameraman
10-17-06, 07:29 PM
Name another driver in CCWS in the last few years who had even the faintest hope of getting an F1 ride. You are basing your opinion on the fact that neither Sperifico got offered a McLaren ride. If one of the new crop of drivers goes wild and runs up a string of podiums next year do you really think he will be totally ignored by the evil europeans? ********. They are not idiots, they can recognize a good driver if they see one. They just have not seen one that they like and can deal with in the last few years.

Spicoli
10-17-06, 08:24 PM
Name another driver in CCWS in the last few years who had even the faintest hope of getting an F1 ride. You are basing your opinion on the fact that neither Sperifico got offered a McLaren ride. If one of the new crop of drivers goes wild and runs up a string of podiums next year do you really think he will be totally ignored by the evil europeans? ********. They are not idiots, they can recognize a good driver if they see one. They just have not seen one that they like and can deal with in the last few years.

:laugh:

racer2c
10-17-06, 08:28 PM

Bah. They just don't have Floyd schlepping them anymore.

extramundane
10-17-06, 09:17 PM
Name another driver in CCWS in the last few years who had even the faintest hope of getting an F1 ride.

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/8649/getimageaspie2.jpg

Turn7
10-17-06, 09:36 PM
Tarso Marques.

theunions
10-17-06, 11:10 PM
Does Glock count?

Spicoli
10-17-06, 11:53 PM
Tiago, Shorty, Yoong. :D

Tifosi24
10-18-06, 01:05 AM
GP2 drivers have a chance at F1.

CCWS drivers don't seem to. Bourdais is too good to be here, but not even a sniff.

If F1 is your goal, CCWS is not the place to be.

jono

Depends what your goal in life is. If you want to make it to F1, than yes GP2 is the best route. Being successful in GP2/F3000/F2 is not a guarantee of great success in F1, so maybe Carroll wants a shot at getting some race wins and having some fun. I still like that the Dallara World Series champions have won more WDCs than GP2/F3000/F2 champs.

cameraman
10-18-06, 01:34 AM
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/8649/getimageaspie2.jpg

And he might just be back in Champ Car next year too...

cameraman
10-18-06, 01:40 AM
Does Glock count?

Has he started working yet?

jonovision_man
10-18-06, 11:12 AM

There's so much more to filling a vacant seat than that.

GP2 drivers race on F1 weekends in front of F1 teams. The teams get to know them, get to evaluate them.

Look at Kovalainen. He raced in GP2, that lead to a Renault test role, and finally a race seat in the best team in F1 (at the moment).

Do you really think that would have been possible in ChampCar? No way.

There's also the fact that the guys that you're racing against in ChampCar are also unknowns to F1 management... they've never really evaluated Tracy, AJ, etc. So if you can beat them, what does that mean to F1 teams? Probably not much. Wilson would be the exception... but so what, you can beat a guy who wasn't good enough for F1, what does that mean?

Stay in Europe, go to GP2, test in F1 if it's available to you, that's the path to F1. Either that or bring a big cheque to Spyker/Midland. Or be Japanese enough for Super Aguri. :)

jono

trauma1
10-18-06, 11:18 AM
hey spicoli you still on vaction at dolans to , did we piss him off that much or is D running the show there

trauma1
10-18-06, 11:20 AM
glock like montagny will just be a professional 3rd driver over there, notice ferrarri ever letting thier test driver race , nope

Spicoli
10-18-06, 11:58 AM
hey spicoli you still on vaction at dolans to , did we piss him off that much or is D running the show there

i just forgot my password. :gomer:

I emailed him, but who knows.

Easy
10-18-06, 12:11 PM

Renault has always been on the hook for not taking Bourdais but people overlook that Renault already had a French test driver with an as good or better junior series resume who was also willing to sign with Flav. Besides they've proven that they won't hire a race driver just for his nationality. They want the best available guy and Fisico.

:laugh:

jonovision_man
10-18-06, 01:11 PM
Renault has always been on the hook for not taking Bourdais but people overlook that Renault already had a French test driver with an as good or better junior series resume who was also willing to sign with Flav.

You know, Montagny's a good example. Bourdais could have won that Renault test seat, it was close, probably a deal with Flavio would have done it. Montagny is never rated as highly as Bourdais by most pundits, in fact he's rarely mentioned as much of anything.

Montagny has been in 7 Grands Prix.

Bourdais has been in 0.

If F1 was the goal, who made the better career move? We might rip Montagny for taking test rides in F1 over possible CCWS rides, but he got to his goal, and he's still closer to it as 3rd driver at Toyota than Bourdais is as champion at NH.

jono

Dirty Sanchez
10-18-06, 01:42 PM
that's just because montagny doesn't know what san jose means.

Easy
10-18-06, 02:49 PM
Montagny is probably not far behind Bourdais in pay scale either.